Newbie to the forum.....

Good evening all! I found this site a few days ago and have to tell you that everyone around here seems wonderful! What a great support system! I haven't had the surgery yet but I'm in the motions of getting started with it all. I wanted to join to see what everyone has been saying about the surgery and I can see that it has great results.

I'm 30 and overweight ... ok, obese. I weigh 267 (5'4") and for whatever reason, i just cannot lose the weight with diet and exercise. The last 5 months I have had two miscarriages and can't help but think that its because of my weight that this has happened (my doctor never did tell me it was weight related but that these things happen but its still in the back of my mind). So I have decided to put the plans on hold for a baby for later in 2009 and take control of myself and body.

I can't wait until I can finally say that I have had the surgery and on the weight loss train with y'all. I'm glad I've found this forum and excited for the day I can join you in conversation in regards to weight loss!!

Have a good evening everyone!

Alana from Canada :rolleyes:

Welcome. I too am new. I have my surgery on July 29th and it feels amazing to finally make this decision. I'm 28 and at a crossroads in my life. I am like you. Diet and excercise has only go time so ar. I am exhausted from playing tennis 2 hours twice a week and pilates every day of the week. I am just beat. So tired from fighting this war with my weight. You are not alone. We are all here to help. Message me anytime. :)

Best,

Elaina DiCarlo

Welcome and good luck to you both!

I am 6 weeks post op and have lost 20 pounds. Some hav lost more in that time and others a little less. The point is you will be on a new journey to a healthier life. I have two children already and I did it for them and myself. I will be able to do more with them and not get so tuckered out. Like yesterday. We went to the water park like we always do, except I climbed those stinken stairs all day long to go down the slides instead of just watch. It was a blast. (and my excercise for the day) The band will really help feel better. Congrats. I hope we get to hear a date soon. I was first scared of going to the OCC, but I read this forum and most of the people had there band done there. They all had positive experieces. I decided to do it and I too had a great experience. My husband was scared for me the whole time and did not want me to go. He even know says he is so glad I did it. This forum will truley help you all along the way. We are not doctors, but we have been thru it. Best wishes.

Alana, I feel you pain. Although I have never been pregnant, I was off birth control for 3 years without getting pregnant. I knew it was my weight. So in February I made one of the best decisions of my life. I was banded in March and have lost 43lbs in 4 months. I am back on birth control now because I want to get down a little more before trying again. Good luck and keep us posted.

Good evening all! I found this site a few days ago and have to tell you that everyone around here seems wonderful! What a great support system! I haven't had the surgery yet but I'm in the motions of getting started with it all. I wanted to join to see what everyone has been saying about the surgery and I can see that it has great results.

I'm 30 and overweight ... ok, obese. I weigh 267 (5'4") and for whatever reason, i just cannot lose the weight with diet and exercise. The last 5 months I have had two miscarriages and can't help but think that its because of my weight that this has happened (my doctor never did tell me it was weight related but that these things happen but its still in the back of my mind). So I have decided to put the plans on hold for a baby for later in 2009 and take control of myself and body.

I can't wait until I can finally say that I have had the surgery and on the weight loss train with y'all. I'm glad I've found this forum and excited for the day I can join you in conversation in regards to weight loss!!

Welcome. I too am new. I have my surgery on July 29th and it feels amazing to finally make this decision. I'm 28 and at a crossroads in my life. I am like you. Diet and excercise has only go time so ar. I am exhausted from playing tennis 2 hours twice a week and pilates every day of the week. I am just beat. So tired from fighting this war with my weight. You are not alone. We are all here to help. Message me anytime. :)

Best,

Elaina DiCarlo

Welcome to our group. Ask any questions that you have and by all means, share your experiences with others. This is how we all learn about our new lifestyle.

Hi Alana! Welcome to our group!

I also had a hard time conceiving. I had three miscarriages and then I was finally able to carry my children with the help of Progesterone.

Good luck with your decision on having the lap band. It was the best choice I ever made for myself.

Just joined up myself, I wish you the best with it! For me, it was an issue of basically eating portions that were way too large, and dealing with fifteen years of failing to actually make a diet plan stick! I'm looking forward to seeing the results of my banding (I had it done just five days ago, and am recovering quickly), and buying all-new clothes this time next year! :-)

Good luck!

hey everyone .... thank you all for your kind words! I'm really excited about this. I didn't think that everything would be happening so soon and I have a tentative date of August 22nd and I'm really excited. I'm just trying to firm up my travel plans with a flight! I have to head back to Nova Scotia with my husband for a wedding on September 10th so I hope that I'm feeling well enough to visit his family (although its that excuse I've been looking for in not having to go -- hehehee!)

So my deposit is being paid tomorrow and the ball will be rolling! I've already completed my health questionnaire and it'll be faxed back tomorrow too --- this is so exciting! I've also never been to Tijuana and excited I'm getting a mini-vacation with this too..... we're going to take one extra day and spend it at Sea World and Target (being up in the far north of Alberta, over the border shopping isn't as easy anymore) :P I've got my trip to Mazatlan booked for March 2009 for two weeks and I'm beyond excited that I'll be going with less weight than when we were down two years ago when we got married there! Things are just looking up!

Nicolek - I'm living in Fort McMurray right now - my husband and I moved up from Calgary last summer - its not our "dream" and I think we'll be back down south in a few years to Canmore or Calgary. I miss the mountains ... alot! Okotoks eh? I've only been thru a couple of times (on the way to Montana)

Anyway - I wanted to thank everyone for all of their kind words. Look forward to chatting with you all more!

Hope you've all had a great weekend - we're having a bbq today - my last bbq for a while I guess :(( but in the end, its sooo worth it! Better enjoy that steak and corn!

Alana :)