Is your band a secret?

I've told just about everyone close to me. The only person I haven't told is one 'friend' whom I've had since we were 16. She knew I was going to Mexico for surgery (I traveled from Boise and stayed with her in San Diego after the surgery - I had to give her that much info), and kept interrogating me - but I kept telling her I wasn't telling anyone what I was having done, that it was private. She still won't drop it though, and is angry that I refuse to tell my "best friend" what I did.

She's very thin, and she's definitely the snarky type. There's no way in HELL I would tell her what I did. Besides, it's more fun to make her wonder and p*ss her off by keeping the secret. Heh.

I have told pretty much everyone that I know and everyone that I don't know. I have educated a lot of people on what having a band is like and how it can be sucessful for some and not sucessful for others. I have NEVER run into anyone who has been unsupportive and have probably changed a few overweight peoples lives forever by giving them information that they didn't know. I always use it as an "ice-breaker" or to get the word out to someone that may be helped by the procedure....I guess this is my nurturing nature. I am so proud of my accomplishments (good health, exercise, weight loss and my attitude of life) since my banding date. I would yell it from the rooftops if I could stand the heights!!! I feel badly for those that don't have supportive people around them to help them through the rough times or to reinforce the positives of Lapband. I have run into a few people who just are uninformed and I use that aspect to "educate" them on the benefits. I am a walking, talking, living, breathing sucess story for the Lapband and if they "think" otherwise, I just pull out my "before" pictures and explain to them the changes in my health in 6 short months! Changes their minds really fast!

I am telling anyone who will listen, in fact I am recruiting people to come down there with me. I am so excited about having it done, I can barely stand the waiting. I know there are risks but along with another person on here, I have had fertility issues, cholorestrial issues. My legs hurt, my back hurts and now my ankles swell up. I want to run down the street and tell people there is an option for change. If I can get this at the OCC in Sept. I am going to buy a shirt that says I joined "the band" ha haha hahah. So far everyone is being supportive. They are worried about me going to Mexico to get it done. But I tell them I am in good hands and I can't wait to see and feel the results. I am hoping this will change my health and my life. Why wouldnt anyone want to spread the word?

I've told only my husband and a fellow bandster friend who encouraged me to get banded. It's been super easy to keep secret. If I get 'stuck' I just say that I swallowed wrong. I was always on some diet or another anyway so now I just say that my new diet is to eat less and to eat very slowly. Piece of cake. Funny thing is that a couple of people think it's a great plan and are following my lead and LOSING. Gee and it didn't cost them anything! Hate them. HA HA. I'm glad I haven't told anybody. Most my family thinks I spend unwisely anyway. Not that this was unwise but since I really didn't have too much to lose, it would probably be another reason for them to gossip anyway. Just wait until I get the boob job. Then they'll REALLY talk. HA HA.

Hi Guys

At first I just told hubbie and close friends, then my children while watching lapband procedure on Big Medicine.

Now I tell everyone. Strangers in the street , people on airplanes, I always want to run up to overweight people how this has

changed my life, but I haven't.

This tool helped me get a healthy life back and I'm proud of it.

Nicolek

I haven't told very many people yet. My parents don't even know about it. My husband, kids, and 2 brother's know. I don't want too many people to know because of the stigmatism of weight loss surgery. "I took the easy way out" Ha ya right!!!! Maybe in time I will tell more people. My mother will judge me and make comments. (She too is obese, but also 79 years old) This is for me and no one else.

Hugs

Trudy

I told my immediate family, and my hubby told people at work when he asked off. Interestingly enough, about 6 women have asked him how I am doing and keep up with my progress. A couple have private insurance and are going through the process that way.

Cracks me up... in a good way.