could use some veterans suggestions

OK, so I'm starving right now! I want some hamburger.... just hamburger.... cooked with nothing on it. :((

I added liquid yogurt yesterday and it tore me up. I have worse gas now than at any point since the surgery. :((

I did a protein shake this morning and one for the evening so I know I'm getting enough protein. calories are way low but I don't know what else to have. kids ate all the popsickles but I never really liked them that much anyway.

suggestions?

I am not a veteran, just two months banded, but I can relate to how difficult this period of post-op is, having been through not too long ago.

Are you allowed to have creamy soups yet? If so, try cream of potato mixed with 1/2 can of cream of cheddar. Eat as much as you want. It's very filling.

I know that the OCC has a "straw" rule, where you can anything that can go through a straw. To be honest my creamy soups probably would not have gone through a straw, a little thick for that, I think, but I did just fine and it kept me full for quite a while.

Pudding is good too, a thicker choice of food will stick longer.

Good luck! You can do this, it's not forever!!

OK, so I'm starving right now! I want some hamburger.... just hamburger.... cooked with nothing on it. :((

I added liquid yogurt yesterday and it tore me up. I have worse gas now than at any point since the surgery. :((

I did a protein shake this morning and one for the evening so I know I'm getting enough protein. calories are way low but I don't know what else to have. kids ate all the popsickles but I never really liked them that much anyway.

suggestions?

Hi Sandy,

I am also not a veteran, I was just banded on July 21st. I was sooo hungry and cranky I thought I would kill someone!! I ate a lot of Tums during the first 10 days and motrin because my left shoulder was killing me! I started sucking on fudgsicles. The rich chocolate flavor really soothed the beast within. I am now doing a cup of milk with 2 scoops of protein powder for breakfast, a slimfast optima with a scoop of additional protein for lunch and around 4 o'clock and a creamy soup for dinner. I always have a fudgsicle or two at night and have been feeling great (and have lost 9 pounds since band date). If you can do soups now check the recipe section. I've been making the Tortilla soup I found on the forum and it's really satisfying.

Oh and if you mix your favorite drink with ice and blend it, put it in a margerita glass you can fool your brain...it worked for me!!

I know the first week is hell, but just hang in there. This too shall pass, I promise.

is pudding allowed? I wanted some today but I didn't see it on any of the handouts Dr. Miranda gave me. The only problem with wine is the calories, right? I don't even hit 600 so I am having a glass tonight.

Its hard, that's why its called Banster Hell, you'll make it through. And no hamburger for you!! Sorry, unless you're past 21 days. I stayed away from wine for the first few months. And normally with surgery doc's don't want you on it for a while. I just wanted to loose the damn weight and knew that the first 3 months was my best opportunity to loose the most weight – I now do a small glass of red wine a few times a week – the alcohol hits us harder so be careful and you don’t need a full glass.

Its only 3 weeks of your life and then get ready for the new you!! Don’t jeopardize your band by eating solids – your band can slip and personally that wouldn’t be very smart for a little bit of beef craving – get some beef broth and get through it. (If you're in the liquid faze pudding isn't allowed)

You'll make it - go to the doctor's corner and watch Dr. Ortiz's film and read his doc’s. Buy into it and wrap your mind around it!! You're a banster chick now and you'll going to be really hot in no time!

I’m glad I followed the rules – wearing a size 6, from a size 22 kicks ass and there’s no way I’d trade it for anything!!

Take care and go stomp on a hamburger or something!!

Lisa

I was starving today also I was running around with job interviews and errands, so I had a milkshake from Mcd around noon and then tonight I had cream of asparagus soup around 6pm so I think I'm doing good. I would so the jello thing I just wouldn't let to set and that will hopefully satisfy you!

lisa, lol. I have cows in the pasture and they look good, I want to bite them! I won't take the chance of messing up the band but I might cry about not being able to eat it.

You guys are all I have for support in this so THANK YOU!

Have you had much jello? The thing about jello is that you can actually "chew" it up but then it turns into a liquid when you swallow it. Sometimes the physical sensation of chewing something and eating with a utensil can help the brain out. Your body is used to going through the motions of eating and it sounds like your head hunger is in high gear. Hopefully, the jello can be your friend.

All my best,

Amber

Bless your heart! We have all been there at one time so we all know the pain of the 21 day liquid diet. It sucks! You will survive, though...YOU CAN DO THIS!! It cracks me up that you want to bite the cows in your pasture. LOL!!