Question about TOM

ackovach

Ok this off topic. But since there is a good grouping of girls on this forum, I was hoping that someone has heard of this. For several months now, every time TOM comes, I get a nose bleed for a day or two. I have high blood pressure. And can be either low or high when this happens. I am not sure there is correlation with my blood pressure and nose bleed. I have asked 2 different doctors and they look at me like I am crazy. But I have been keeping a dairy of weird things like this. In addition to the nose bleed, I usually have a sore throat and sinus infection with TOM. But this month I only got the nose bleed.

Ok this off topic. But since there is a good grouping of girls on this forum, I was hoping that someone has heard of this. For several months now, every time TOM comes, I get a nose bleed for a day or two. I have high blood pressure. And can be either low or high when this happens. I am not sure there is correlation with my blood pressure and nose bleed. I have asked 2 different doctors and they look at me like I am crazy. But I have been keeping a dairy of weird things like this. In addition to the nose bleed, I usually have a sore throat and sinus infection with TOM. But this month I only got the nose bleed.

Not sure what the answer is, I am no doctor just a nurse and I don't play one on TV either. (supposed to get a chuckle but maybe I am the only one who is chuckling). Anyway All I know is OB nursing. Pregnant women get nose bleeds sometimes. That is due to the increased volume of blood that they have to help maintain the baby. I wonder if with TOM you have this extra buildup of blood lining the uterus and so other blood that may go there circulates more for some reason and that's why the nose bleeds?? Does that make any sense?? Maybe not but it sound sort of good!!

So much for my diagnostics. That will be on the house for you my bandster friend!!

Nosebleeds during your TOM make sense.

I've long ago forgotten the name of the hormone that tells your uterus to "let er rip" and let the lining it's been building up for 3 weeks slough off, but since it's in your bloodstream, no reason it couldn't effect your sinuses or your nose.

If you're worried, you should give your OBGYN a call and ask.

Hey at least you don't think I am crazy, like the doctors do........ right? That kind of makes sense though. Someone told me that blood pressure can up during TOM because of volume increase.

Yes that's true. That sort of goes along with my theory. Phoenix said it well too. I do know my TOM was affected by having surgery as others were too. There was a post maybe a month or so ago on the lovely subject of how all of our TOMs and Aunt Flo have been affected since being banded. I don't remember the exact title though but just suffice it to say these hormones (or lack of for us more older gals) we have as women, we either love them or hate them and it's always a challenge to figure out the answers to help us deal with it.

Can you still get banded if TOM comes. I am late and I maybe late again next month and I get banded then, is that going to be an issue? How embarrassing.

Can you still get banded if TOM comes. I am late and I maybe late again next month and I get banded then, is that going to be an issue? How embarrassing.

You can have your surgery regardless of whether Tom comes with you or not. Now, now, stormy they are medical folks who see people every day in all states and women's periods are not like the plague anymore. just kidding, no offense.

Use a tampon for a heavy flow just before you go into surgery and you will be out and awake and back in the bathroom in like an hour or so at most. No worries. If you can't use tampons tell the nurse discretely and she will help you keep this "secret" from Dr. Hottie.....You do have to put on disposable thong panties, yes I said thong, so be prepared if you do wear a pad that's all you'll get. Perhaps ask for 2 or 3 pair to help hold the pad in place. Now back in the day we had those wonderful belts to hold them on, but I don't think they make them anymore! LOL

Yes the disposable things are wonderful!! I swear as soon as I ws awake enough I ripped those suckers off!!

Julie--Dr. Hottie?? LOL Almost all the men there are hot!! My husband said after they left is that I'm pathetic becuase everything dr O said I was like Okay anything you say.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry, I just had to reply. I laughed so hard when I read this!! I was looking at the calendar and thinking the same thing. What if TOM comes during that week when I go for surgery, but thanks to you ladies, I can rest easy! Maybe not so easy in those nice thong disposable panties, but you know what I mean!! :D