Cell phones

My cell phone is the only link I am going to have to my son. I have TMobile. Is it going to work down there? I have to be able to check on him. I am even at the point of where I dont know if I can do this. I am freaking out. I dont want to leave him. Now my stupid dogs are attempting to dig out of the fence. So I guess I have to check into a kennel for them to stay in while we are gone, so they dont run the neighborhood. This is getting more costly and expensive. We have 22 days until we go into OCC. My friend calls me and tell me how stupid I am for doing this. That he dont think I can stick with it. That I am wasting my money. That I dont have the ability to hold true to the program. I have so much doubt right now. I am scarred. Can I even do this? Can I actually leave my son and travel far from him? What am I going to do? I can't stop now. But yet I am so scarred. What if he needs me, what if he can't handle it? I need my cell phone. I need to be able to call the woman who will be caring for him and I need her to be able to call me. It is so important. I really need to stop this anxiety. I should have scheduled my husband and I seperately. But yet I want him there with me. This is horrible. I'm so tired, I am so scarred. I am so confused. What am I going to do?

My cell phone would not work at all. A mexican voice would come on saying some crazy stuff when I tried to call out. My friend had a different service and hers worked sometimes. Hopefully yours will work.

Oh and don't call the States from the Lucerna. It was outrageous and they come to your room and get your money for the call as soon as you hang up! LOL

You have also got to relax. Please try to quit stressing so much. You are gonna be fine and so is your son! Big hugs!

I called my cell phone co and had them add international service for the time I was down there and so i had no problem. I knew to do this because I have had problems before. NOW, you can call anywhere in the US from the OCCs phones. They have them there for the patients. So at least you can call before, and after and before you go to the hotel, so be sure to stay overnight. Your baby will have a ball without you. You are leaving him with someone you trust. Just make sure you act confident, tell your baby goodbye, hugs and kisses, and then you have to leave quickly. He will forget you left in about five minutes but is important not to draw it out. Good luck, everyone will be fine. Ellen

P.S.- and tell your friend that if he was a friend that he would stop with the doomsay. Especially about how weak you are. How dare he? Some friend.

I have int'l on Verizon. There isn't a charge to have it, but I do pay the roaming fees at .40 a minute.

You should know though that you're allowed to call home from the OCC. It's included.

What kind of friend tells you "how stupid I am for doing this. That he dont think I can stick with it. That I am wasting my money. That I dont have the ability to hold true to the program" ???

That's the same kind of friend that keeps their fellow crabs in the crab pot so everyone dies and gets eaten in the end. People who keep you down like that can also be the ones who will try to spoil your successes in the months to come. Just food for thought.

Friends offer to help out with the special needs kids so you can deal with yourself for a few days.

I had verizon and it worked.

That friend is no friend. Tell him to get with the program or he will be replaced. Easy for me to say right?

Your son will be fine. It won't be easy for you but you have to focus on giving him two healthy parents to be around for a long time.

Good luck

I have t-mobile international phone... not sure of the exact type....... It did work down in TJ some of the time, but not 100%. It would not work inside the OCC at all. But it did work from the hotel.

I'm gonna contact t mobile today and tell them where I am going and see what they say. I only need it from the hotel. I just can't be out of reach from him. I just can't. I also have my home alarm set up to my phone, at least if they cant reach me, they call the police. Thank goodness.

Stormy, it's really no big deal for T-Mobile. CDMA phones work in TJ, but you need to have the international calling switched on. You won't need a special phone.

You can switch it off again when you get home. The feature should be free, but the roaming charges are not.

Stormy I hope you get your phone to work. They do have phones at the hotel, now mind you the calls cost a pretty penny to the US but if that is your only option then just use them. It's for your son right? It's just like any hotel you have your room number and give that to your babysitter with the hotel number and if needed they leave you a message, your light on the phone blinks when you have a message, you call the message line and get your messages, simple as that. You will not be in Timbucktoo!!! As others have said while at the OCC you can use the phone in your room to call to the states for free, so use it!

Stop stressing sweetie, this will go smoothly if you think it will. You can determine your own destiny sort of by your mind set and so start thinking positive. Repeat things like "Devin will be ok", "everything will go fine", "all will be well at home while I am gone" and other positive self talk sentences to start changing your brain. You have 3 weeks and if you do this EVERY day, every hour almost, by then you will have brainwashed yourself into thinking positive while you are away. Try it starting today.

Stormy I hope you get your phone to work. They do have phones at the hotel, now mind you the calls cost a pretty penny to the US but if that is your only option then just use them. It's for your son right? It's just like any hotel you have your room number and give that to your babysitter with the hotel number and if needed they leave you a message, your light on the phone blinks when you have a message, you call the message line and get your messages, simple as that. You will not be in Timbucktoo!!! As others have said while at the OCC you can use the phone in your room to call to the states for free, so use it!

Stop stressing sweetie, this will go smoothly if you think it will. You can determine your own destiny sort of by your mind set and so start thinking positive. Repeat things like "Devin will be ok", "everything will go fine", "all will be well at home while I am gone" and other positive self talk sentences to start changing your brain. You have 3 weeks and if you do this EVERY day, every hour almost, by then you will have brainwashed yourself into thinking positive while you are away. Try it starting today.

You must have read "The Law of Attraction". I'm reading it now.

I called tmobile, they said it should work, within 24 hours I will get some type of message on my phone to turn it on. I also called the kennell and got the dogs scheduled to stay there, since they seems to want to escape home. Now I just need to decided what to pack everyone. I really dont want to take much of anything down there. Just what I absolutely have to. I really and trying not to stress myself out but I am freaking out. I hate to travel, I dont do it well. I am always afraid I am going to forget something. I know my son will be ok, I think... I am going to miss him, it is like my arm being cut off. I have never left him before. He is not like other kids. I am afraid he wont understand and on top of that he is starting school next week. This was bad timing on my part. I can't wait for all of this to be over. It is overload for me. My anxiety is almost out of control. I am almost on shut down mode and that is when it gets to much and I just decide to stay in bed. I can't do that. I just have to remember to "breath" This is going to be ok. It has to be.I want this. I need this. The funding on the loan should go through tomorrow. Then I think things are set. We will see what happens. Thanks