Hi I'm Tara

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new as of yesterday, and I'm having my surgery on Sept. 12th.

My friend whom is also named Tara is doing it with me. We are both very excited.

My birthday is Sept 11th, when we arrive. I guess I won't be eating cake! Anyway, I thank everybody

for all the useful information that I've been getting off the forum. And I will be on here often. I look

forward meeting you all!

Tara

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new as of yesterday, and I'm having my surgery on Sept. 12th.

My friend whom is also named Tara is doing it with me. We are both very excited.

My birthday is Sept 11th, when we arrive. I guess I won't be eating cake! Anyway, I thank everybody

for all the useful information that I've been getting off the forum. And I will be on here often. I look

forward meeting you all!

Tara

Welcome aboard, My daughter and I were banded 8/15/08. It is really nice to have a buddy to go into this with. Just remember that when you get down YOU do have alot of back up here. Congrats on your new decission and what a wonderful Birthday Present to yourself. :lb5:

Welcome Tara and congrats to you and your friend! I was banded with my bestfriend and it was his birthday on the day we were banded! I have never once regretted getting the band. :D

Thank you all so much for the support. I just came back on the forum and saw all the replies.

I have been having problems the last 2 nights, eating the wrong things. I have 10 more days

to lose 4 more pounds. It will be hard but I'm going to do it!

I'm on 2 shakes a day & 1 lean cuisine. Can we not have healthy snacks in between? I'm dying.

Thanks,

Tara

Welcome Tara. And congrats on your decision. I just got back from the OCC. I did enjoy a nice meal the night before my surgery and this included a few bites of cake and ice cream. My husband got some and I had a few tastes. So if you are arriving on the 11th and not having surgery until the next morning you can enjoy a nice "last meal" but just go light. Don't binge and stuff yourself. But a small delicious meal is okay. I also ate it early in the day around 4 pm. This way I new it had plenty of time to work it's way through before my surgery the next morning.