What new thing are you going to try?

Belly Dancing sounds like so much fun, but I have way too much belly right now...I would knock myself and others over! LOL!!

Some girls at work mentioned trying pole dancing (stripper pole dancing). I am not there yet.

I am going to hire a personal trainer (the daugher of a friend) and get her to show me some key exercises and join aquafit.

Then when I have my hot new body I am going to have some boudoir photos taken for me!!!

Belly Dancing sounds like so much fun, but I have way too much belly right now...I would knock myself and others over! LOL!!

Some girls at work mentioned trying pole dancing (stripper pole dancing). I am not there yet.

I am going to hire a personal trainer (the daugher of a friend) and get her to show me some key exercises and join aquafit.

Then when I have my hot new body I am going to have some boudoir photos taken for me!!!

I have 2 things:

When I finally feel physically fit & strong & below 200, I am going learn to snow ski. I went before going over the 200 pound mark and was terrified. Now I want to do it!!! My husband loves skiing. My weight has him back because I would not go.

Second, when the time is right maybe at 160 or maybe at 130:

Either with or without my husband, I am going to a nude beach even if it is just for a minute. I am going to strip down and be happy with my body!!!

I too would like to do the extremely sexy bedroom photo's after I lose my weight. The ones where they ALMOST show "stuff", but not quite. ;)

I think it'll be awesome to feel good about myself and let loose! I'd have to feel comfortable with the photographer though! :P

I am just happy that I can walk 2 miles without dying!! LOL

I agree Kim. Every year we go to a music festival in Seattle called Bumbershoot, it is over 74 acres of music, arts, comedy and all the associated stuff. Last year I was 32 pounds heavier and after 3 days my legs felt like they were going to fall off. This year I ran around trying to catch all the bands and then danced my butt off for the good ones and after 3 days I was tired but not crippled like last year. Woo hoo.

I too have planned budior photos for when I reach my goal weight, I was hoping it would be around the time of my birthday but things have slowed down a bit so I won't be doing it so soon...

But here's a link the the photographer I will be using, she's based in Portland but tours all around including Vegas... She did my girlfriends shots and she is featured in her gallery number 2 and 3 on the site!

Here's the link: http://www.rachelstephensphotography.com/index2.php?v=v1 Obviously these are racy photos, some fully nude so open with caution at work or around your hubby... lol

Hi Kitty Kat,

I love your idea of boudoir photo's as a goal when you get down to your ideal weight. I didnt even think about that yet, so I guess I should start setting some goals for myself so I have something tangible to look forward to; other than just shopping in the teenie bobber section at Macy's. LOL.

Thanks for the great idea.

Tara

I think it's high time for yoga and or pilates.

Cool thing about intro belly dancing is that you don't have to wear the costume. You can wear shorts and a tank top and buy one of the cool coin scarves (I recommend eBay for those). I've been doing it for about a year. It's fun! The toughest thing is on the arms and shoulders, but you'll see!

When you get the hipscarf with coins on it, the louder the better! When you're doing the moves correctly, the coins will ring like nobody's business :D

I want to waterski again. I have not been able to water ski for about 4 or 5 years now. I did not have the arm strength to pull my body weight out of the water. My husband said, "You have to do one of two things, lose the weight or get the arm muscles of a man since you weigh like a man" Ouch! that stung, but it was true. For many years I used to be a really good waterskier. I don't want to be the flag person or driver only anymore.

Everything will change when I get to my goal of 199 pounds. I wanted desperately to try extreme sports with a friend of mine, but the weight restrictions on bungie jumping and sky diving didn't "fly" - (stupid joke, I know). Bedroom photos sound awesome. Just being able to keep up with my skinny-minnie friends will be fantastic!

• 4 months later...

Hi there all :) I was banded by Dr. Martinez at the OCC on 1/19/09. A week and a half ago! I feel pretty good. I will post more and hopefully become part of this amazing forum and circle of friends! I need to make a ticker and taglines and such. Just wanted to jump in to this thread. I am a portrait photographer here in Palm Beach County, FL. However, I travel for clients often. I would love to do a Lap Band "special" if you will. I could offer a deeply discounted photo session if enough of you girls get together. I know everyone is spread out over the US and beyond but if anyone has any ideas on how to make this work (maybe the Vegas get together?? I could do the shoots at the hotel?) Just some thoughts...I'm here if anyone wants to chat more. My portfolio can be seen here: sampson-photography.com I have shot some tasteful boudoir photos and feel that I'm pretty good at it :) See them on my photography myspace page here: myspace.com/sampsonphotography (you have to add me to see my pictures - I may change that though).

Be well,

Jennifer