Hi

I was recently scheduled for my surgery for Sept 22nd - my bday. It has taken a very long time, a denial then an appeal, a lot of weeks of uncertainty and an emotional roller coaster to get me to this pointl. I found out on friday and was happy one minute and crying and scared the next. My older sister had the surgery a year ago and highly reccommended this site as a means of support. She also felt this site would help get me excited and focused on all the positive aspects of this surgery

So, that is my story. I look forward to joining your community of support.

Thanks!

I too, was excited one minute and terrified the next, thinking "what in the world am I seriously planning to do here?" Well, I did it, and tomorrow I go on to solid food after 3 weeks of liquid. This is one of the best decisions, I now know, I have made for me. I am down 20lbs and know that I've only just begun my journey to get back on the outside who I have always been on the inside. I did not let but 2 people in my life know, as most people that have not educated themselves can have a tendency to be skeptical or negative. You are smart to be here. This is where I read the stories, celebrated the milestones of others, got realistic expectations and many, many questions answered. Keep reading and connecting and I'm confidant you will begin to feel more and more excited. Knowledge is power. The very best to you!

HOORAY FOR YOU!

This really is the best decision I've ever made because I have been getting more and more healthy and more and more in shape. I've lost a lot of weight--and I can't even find words to describe how good it feels. Soon you'll be watching the numbers on the scale go down. But more importantly, you're just gonna feel so much better than you do now. Good luck, and we look forward to getting to know you on this forum!

--TRS ><'

You have made the absolute best decision ever by coming here to familiarize yourself before surgery. This literally kept me sane and answered all of my questions. I am only 9 days out from surgery, and when I went for my surgery, I wasn't afraid at all, but rather excited, because I was prepared. You will love it here! ;)

:lb9:

Congrats and welcome. We are here to help with any questions or support that you need. I was just banded a week and 2 days ago. I think you will be happy with your decision, although it is scary. Just remember that we were all scared before too. And when it's over and you start to get feeling better, you will be happy you did it.

I think everything your are feeling is normal. Most of us have felt the same way. I was very very very excited, then the day before surgery, the nerves kicked in. I am so glad I had the surgery and would do it again if I had to. Its the best decision I have ever made.

Also as you know, there are wonderful people on the forum that is always here to encourage, help and listen. Take advantage of it. Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!