What was your first meal after 21 days post op

doinitagann

I am getting close to the end of the post op liquid diet (OMG!!! I have almost made it :wacko: ) I am surprised that I lasted. any way, what did you all have? Did you tip your big toe in and go slow or did you dive in and have something that you have been craving for the last 5 weeks? I am currently hiding myself away right now because my mom is cooking for the kids and the meal includes BACON!!!! So let me tell you, the cravings are huge. I know for a fact I will not let myself wolf down my first meal. I WILL NOT waste all this time and energy for a stretched out port!! But I would like to know what you all had for that much anticipated first meal. No more soup. PLEASE!!!!!

I am getting close to the end of the post op liquid diet (OMG!!! I have almost made it :wacko: ) I am surprised that I lasted. any way, what did you all have? Did you tip your big toe in and go slow or did you dive in and have something that you have been craving for the last 5 weeks? I am currently hiding myself away right now because my mom is cooking for the kids and the meal includes BACON!!!! So let me tell you, the cravings are huge. I know for a fact I will not let myself wolf down my first meal. I WILL NOT waste all this time and energy for a stretched out port!! But I would like to know what you all had for that much anticipated first meal. No more soup. PLEASE!!!!!

Congratulations on making it...I was terrified to start solids, so definately was a toe dipper : ) I waited an extra 4 days before I gave real food a try (was banded July 21). My first meal was a egg & ham "scramble" with a few bites of cottage fries. I stayed full for hours! and only had about 1/4 of it! You'll be amazed at how the cravings for the stuff you missed aren't as great as you remembered them to be. Kind of like running into an old boyfriend you thought the world revolved around...just loses its pizzazz. Bacon, however, is still so yummy...so good idea to hide out!

Whatever you choose, enjoy!!!

At the end of 21 days, I was ravenous. I jumped in head first from the top diving board and had bbq ribs and all the fixins!! I ate very slowly, chewed, chewed, chewed and I was fine. The funny thing is I haven't had a meal like that since.

Being from Texas, we love our Mexican food. I went out and ordered 2 tamales with chili con carne and ate 1 of them and had about 3 bites of rice and beans! I was stuffed!

Denise

I fixed fresh salmon my father in law had caught, broccoli and small red potatoes. I was drooling as I fixed it. Funny thing was after about 4 bites of salmon I was full and couldn't eat any more. I think your new "stomach" will dictate how much you can eat at the time. Some can eat more than others. I was in heaven and thought wow am I lucky. Slowly over maybe a week or so I began eating more and more and had to stop myself so I wouldn't eat too much. I remember having oatmeal for breakfast, like 1/4 cup and I was full all day!!

I had spaghetti, My favorite :P It was a lean cuisine, but tasted so good..

• 1 month later...

I had a lobster tail. It was the most glorious thing I've ever eaten and I doubt I will ever forget it. hehe --

I had breakfast, eggs, hashbrowns and some sausage. I tried a small bite of toast. That hurt. But the eggs went down fine, so did the hashbrowns with some ketchup on it. It was so good.

Its funny how much thought I've put into this meal. Friday will be my first and i have not decided what to eat. I'm glad to here everyone had some restriction with eating since I was worried that without a fill you could eat as much as you wanted with out feeling it. I think I may try the scrambled eggs. Sound harmless enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken food after 21 days:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled

Lunch:Small tinned spaghetti 1/4 Mashed avocado

Dinner: cooked well fish, mashed potato and broccoli

there is no problem to taking all these foods after post operation of lap band surgery, what's yours....also gone through few resources for few subjects like cost of lap band surgery, lap band surgery risks, finance and much more...if you need to know about the same log on to the website (http://www.freelapbandsurgery.com).

My first real meal after the 21 day liquid phase was a mini pizza. Instead of a heavy crust though, I used a Weight Watchers wrap as the crust. Placed it on a pizza stone and cooked it with a chicken breast I had marinated in a taco spice seasoning and cubed. Had it with pizza sauce, oregano, onions, garlic, green peppers and tomatos with some mozza cheese.

Was devine. Filled me right up.

Taz

First real meal was pizza. (1 and 1/2 pieces, my usual was 8 or 9, sometimes a whole pizza). Second meal was two soft tacos.

Was good wasn't it? Congrats on holding fast until you could eat!! Now you just got to try to eat 1/3 what you used to eat.

Taz

Thanks, so far I've pretty much been able to eat anything I could before. I'm still going to be eating healthier, but I'm going to eat what I want too, just not as much of it.

Ya. I've got very little restriciton right now. It's all through mental control that I am not eating like a pig. I am making better choices, concious of the experiences I will have when I get my first fill in a few weeks. Weight loss has slowed a bit since I went on solids though. Only averaging about 3lbs a week instead of the 5lbs I was getting before.

But its going down... so thats a good thing.

Taz

Welll today was my first day on solids and it was not so pleasant. Woke up this morning with an upset stomach....got the stomach flu from my little girl. I tried to eat a little chicken at lunch and that was horrifying! Did not chew good enough and sure enough it was stuck in my chest, so I walked it out and called the chicken quits. Anyway, for dinner I was back to brothy wonton soup (so GOOD)! On the day I wanted to celebrate with a nice solid meal....and I am still eatiing soup...hahaha! I am feeling better now and I am sure tomorrow will be a better day. One thing I am scared of is stretching my pouch....it's like you have to learn to eat all over again. What if the food gets stuck will that stretch me out?? Looking for feedback, how often has this happened to any of you? I am worried that I stretched it with the Chicken.

Lisa

• 6 months later...

June 5th, 2009 is the day that will live in infamy. I'm looking forward to BBQ Ribs, asparagus and mashed potatoes. I've been craving this since the start of my pre-op. Funny thing though. I've been trying to talk myself out of it because I should eat healthy. Hmmm?

(((((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone))))))))))))))))))))))

I was going to post this same topic...lol

I think my first meal will contain an egg. My first day on solids will be 6/11 (Joe Montana's Birthday). We'll be going away that following weekend so I will probably be very conservative.

• 2 weeks later...
June 5th, 2009 is the day that will live in infamy. I'm looking forward to BBQ Ribs, asparagus and mashed potatoes. I've been craving this since the start of my pre-op. Funny thing though. I've been trying to talk myself out of it because I should eat healthy. Hmmm?

BellCurveBabe, How was your first day on real food?

What did you have yesterday?

Mine is in 2 days and I am excited to eat again.

Hugs,

Kristi