Help! 8 days Post-Op: How much creamy soup?

Guest CaraMBA09

Guest CaraMBA09

I think I am messing up!

I made myself that Chicken Tortilla soup last night off the recipe section and had a substantial bowl of it. I am fairly positive it was too much as I felt stuffed and a bit quesy.

Dr. Miranda did not say "how much" soup we should have at a sitting, she did say do not eat more than 4 oz's of protein at a sitting. So what should I portion out?... a cup? 1/2 cup?

any recommendations or advice would be helpful.

C :lb12:

Guest CaraMBA09
My body always told me. I do not think I ever measured. It would have been a good idea.

I think that is the problem..I am so hungry or maybe it is mental hunger, that I start eating and do not realize I am getting full until it is too late.

Guest CaraMBA09
In the info they gave at the clinic is saysnot to have too many full liquids a day.

It said 3 glasses of full liquids with clear fluids in between.

Hope this helps.

that does. THanks..I just found my packet and am rereading it. Also found my Dr. O book, thought I had lost it.

Im on the creamy soup stage also, and I use the same size bowl each time. It helps me gauge how much I am eating.... during the first few days I maybe had 1 cup, now its almost 2 weeks Im up to two, but that might be too much in one sitting.

Cheers,

Tara

Guest CaraMBA09
In the info they gave at the clinic is saysnot to have too many full liquids a day.

It said 3 glasses of full liquids with clear fluids in between.

Hope this helps.

So I reread my packet and the chapter about post-op diet in Dr. O's book and nothing is mentioned about only "3 glasses of full liquids with clear fluids in between"

Did you get this info from OCC? Because I am not seeing that.

I am going to stick with the 1/2-1 cup rule from this point on. I think it is the safest way

Guest CaraMBA09
Hi

It was in the package Dr Miranda gave you. These are the most up to date guidelines.

They even changed between my banding in February and my Husband banding in August.

well, they must have changed again, because those instructions are not there and I was banded 9 days ago!

I am day 5 post op and I had a 9 3/4 oz drinkable soup today, is that too much. My body doesn't seem to tell me I am full. Is something wrong?

I think I am messing up!

I made myself that Chicken Tortilla soup last night off the recipe section and had a substantial bowl of it. I am fairly positive it was too much as I felt stuffed and a bit quesy.

Dr. Miranda did not say "how much" soup we should have at a sitting, she did say do not eat more than 4 oz's of protein at a sitting. So what should I portion out?... a cup? 1/2 cup?

any recommendations or advice would be helpful.

C :lb12:

There is a recipe section? Where? Anyway, I start off my day with a great chocolate/banana protein shake with Lactaid 1% milk for breakfast and cream soup for lunch and dinner.

I always get full after about a cup. That said, I cannot wait until solids! Oct. 1st! That's when I'll have to watch it... :)

Guest CaraMBA09
Hi caraMBA09

I just checked the package again and it says it right on the Calender days 1-22

At the bottom it list clear fluid and full liquids and then says not to drink too many full liquids 3 glasses a day.

Hope this helps.

FYI

I spoke with Dr. Miranda regarding FULL-LIQUIDS (see below)

"three glasses a day is AVERAGE" some people need more...some less. 1/2 - 1 cup portions is what is recommended at a sitting.

I also found in the packet where it says this - in the calendar section about page 4-5