DECEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

Hi,

My 16 year daughter will be Banded on Dec 12. Anyone out there on the same day? Maybe we can meet up in Mx. I think

I am just as excited as my daughter. I was just wondering if anyone call tell what I should bring for her(i.e. water, apple juices, chewable vitamins, etc), etc. Please let me know, will really appreciate it!!!! Oh, what about clothes? sweats,jeans???Thanks,

:D

Hi Happymom!

Click below on this link to julieburns' list. This should be helpful for you.

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=7005

Congrats and Good Luck! It's the best decision I've ever made for myself!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I've booked my surgery for December 15th. I feel like I am jumping into this so quickly. It never occurred to me that this surgery was an option. I thought that the waits were too long the cost was too much and then I saw a notice about a lap-band information session for surgery in Washington state, then within a couple of days saw Dr. Ortiz on TV. I consulted with my Dr and spent hours on the internet and researching medical journals and within a week I had my surgery booked! I'm freaked out but determined. The lack of energy from being overweight is a real issue for me now that I am in my 30s and other complications keep creaping up.

Anyway, who else is having surgery around the 15th, we can be freaked out together ;o)

Louise

Hi Louise!

I'm having my surgery with Dr. Ortiz on Dec 2nd and I also live in the Vancouver area! I've been researching this for more than three years so if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I attend the Lap band support group at Lions Gate Hospital but would like to find more bandsters in the area to connect with.

You are lucky you were able to come up with the cash so quick. My husband refused to pay out of "family money" so I've been saving on my own for all this time- I wish I was three years post up and not still waiting but finally my day is near! BTW-I'm also in my 30's and agree about the energy thing. Zapped....and I have two small kids!

Sabrina:)

Hi all

I've booked my surgery for December 15th. I feel like I am jumping into this so quickly. It never occurred to me that this surgery was an option. I thought that the waits were too long the cost was too much and then I saw a notice about a lap-band information session for surgery in Washington state, then within a couple of days saw Dr. Ortiz on TV. I consulted with my Dr and spent hours on the internet and researching medical journals and within a week I had my surgery booked! I'm freaked out but determined. The lack of energy from being overweight is a real issue for me now that I am in my 30s and other complications keep creaping up.

Anyway, who else is having surgery around the 15th, we can be freaked out together ;o)

Louise

Hi Everyone...My name is Sarah. It is my first time posting. I first heard about Dr. Ortiz on the show "The Doctors" about 2 wks ago and I immediately decided that I am going to get banded. My surgery date is Dec 3rd and I am very excited. Can anyone tell me that has been to TJ recently, what the weather was like? Anyway, I have been reading thru all you postings for the past wk, and guys seem soo supportive & wonderful. Please reply with advice you guys may have. Also, I was wondering on the day of surgery, will my companion go back to the hotel and if so, do the drivers at the center give them a ride there? how long of a drive is it from the center to the hotel?Look forward to reading any replys! :P

Hi there Louisem, I am glad to finally hear of someone else having surgery on Dec. 15th. I am flying in, are you? Are you coming by yourself? I am.

I also feel that this is the best time to get this done. Christmas is usually at my house and with the busyness I won't have to worry about eating, instead I will be able to enjoy waiting on everyone. I love my kids and family and I will take joy in that this Christmas. The lapband is a huge Christmas gift from my husband and myself. He is my biggest supporter. He knows how much I have struggled with my weight. I hope we meet up. Anne

Hi there Louisem, I am glad to finally hear of someone else having surgery on Dec. 15th. I am flying in, are you? Are you coming by yourself? I am.

I also feel that this is the best time to get this done. Christmas is usually at my house and with the busyness I won't have to worry about eating, instead I will be able to enjoy waiting on everyone. I love my kids and family and I will take joy in that this Christmas. The lapband is a huge Christmas gift from my husband and myself. He is my biggest supporter. He knows how much I have struggled with my weight. I hope we meet up. Anne

Hi Anne,

Yes I am flying in on the 14th and will be travelling on my own. This is a birthday/christmas present/investment to myself. I am sure I will see you there.

Louise

Hi,

My 16 year daughter will be Banded on Dec 12. Anyone out there on the same day? Maybe we can meet up in Mx. I think

I am just as excited as my daughter. I was just wondering if anyone call tell what I should bring for her(i.e. water, apple juices, chewable vitamins, etc), etc. Please let me know, will really appreciate it!!!! Oh, what about clothes? sweats,jeans???Thanks,

:D

My Mom and I will also have surgery on 12/12. My 30 y/o son had it done here in March....he's lost 64 pounds! Pack light, he wore shorts all weekend. I will bring shorts and sweat pants. She will need to be walking alot to get rid of the gas from surgery, so good walking shoes too.

See you then,

Cindy

Hi Anne,

Yes I am flying in on the 14th and will be travelling on my own. This is a birthday/christmas present/investment to myself. I am sure I will see you there.

Louise

Hi Louise,

What time are you flying in? My flight is suppose to land at 10:36am. Can't wait. I leave to come home on the 17th. Anne

Hi Louise,

What time are you flying in? My flight is suppose to land at 10:36am. Can't wait. I leave to come home on the 17th. Anne

I'll be coming in shortly after noon. I leave on the 17th too, around 1pm. We'll have to grab dinner or something Sunday night. Are you interested in shopping or just hanging by the pool?

Hi Louise, Well I would rather go shopping, hanging around the pool maybe will happen later. Okay, now for the "whatever you want to call it news". I am old enough to be your mother. I hope you're not discouraged by this. I have a great sense of humor. I also have a great time with my daughter and daughter in law.

My co-worker is laughing at me right now because I have been trying to think of ways to describe myself. By the way, she is 13 yrs. younger than me. I tried to post a picture of myself last night, but it kept saying that my pictures were too big. Well, I'll see you there. I fly in the 14th at 10:36am and leave at 4:26pm on the 17th.

Anne :rolleyes:

Doing the procedure on November 20 and getting my first fill on December 27 at the OCC....(Taking my family from Mesa, over to San Deigo on the 26th for the day, then back to Mesa as they fly back to Canada on the 28 and 29th...rush!!!) If everything works out I will get my final fill prior to my wife and I heading back to Campbell River in early April.....

:wacko:

Campbell River!? That was one of my dad's favorite places on Earth

I'm getting my first fill on Dec. 15 at OCC. I'm driving myself (I'm only 2 hours away) and will get back on the road right after. I wish I could spend the night and enjoy myself at the Lucerna again, but I don't have the $. Oh, well. All the best to everyone getting banded. You'll be extremely well taken care of.

Hi Guys,

Happy Thanksgiving! I just had a couple of questions about going to OCC for your first fill. What is the charge for them to pick you up from the airport? And how much is it to stay at the lucerna for the night after a fill? Lastly, am I reading right that when you go for your first fill 6-8wks after surgery, you never get a fill and therefore, no restriction? If anyone can clear that up for me, I would really appreciate it! Thanks again & gobble, gobble :P

Hi everyone! I'm new at all of this. And, like many of you, have been reading the posts on this website for several weeks. My friend and I will be having our surgery on December 21 with Dr. Martinez. Did any of you have him instead of Dr. Ortiz. (Dr. Ortiz is not available that week.) My friend and I are teachers, so we are trying to fit it in over our Christmas Break. What about fills in Mexico? Someone with the OCC told me that is was a $99 fee to be picked up at the airport and taken to the OCC, and that the fill itself with exray would cost $100. What about the cost of the motel room? Does anyone know what that is per night?

I'm a little nervous about the entire thing. We're flying into San Diego from St. Louis, MO. Nervous about the trip into Mexico. Nervous about not knowing the doctors or facility personally--I'm going on just what I have researched. Nervous about the surgery--what if something goes wrong? Nervous about causing a slip or a stretched pouch. Can you tell I'm a nervous person? Ha! I don't want to be, it just sneaks up on me!

So, after you have your surgery, you are supposed to be on a liquid diet for two weeks? Is this correct? And, did someone say that since you don't have your first fill until 6-8 weeks after surgery, their is nothing in the band?

Does anyone know what kind of exercise is ok and what kind of exercise is considered too strenuous? In the beginning I'm sure you have to be very conservative, but what about after two or three months, can you start slow jogging? (Or does the jogging jar your insides too much?)

Thanks for your help in advance! Hope you all are enjoying you Thanksgiving Break!

Hi Carla,

My mom and I will also be there for surgery on 12/12. We fly in the night before, how about you?

Cindy

Hi!!!!

My 16 year old daughter is having the surgery on the 12th also!!! Hopefully, we can meet up.

We are flying in on the 11th from New York.

By the way, I have a Sprint cell phone, does anyone know if it will work in Tijuana?

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Been lurking here for 2 or 3 years and finally decided and had the means to get this done.

My wife and I are both going to be banded on the 18th with Dr O. Too chicken to do it by myself and besides she needs it worse than I do. LOL Looking forward to the journey and sharing it with you all from time to time.

Hope everyone got to spend some time with their families over the holiday and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Chris

Hi Everyone,

Well I still haven't seen anyone posting a Dec 26th surgery date! That's my day and I don't want to be all alone ( Boo hoo)

I have already used this site so much and appreciate all the good info.

Please if anyone going the same time as me is still lurking, please speak up!

I would also love to hear from anyone that had Dr. Martinez as their surgeon as I haven't heard much of him. I'm sure he is great and I have heard that he is as gorgeous as Dr. O although I guess that is beside the point ( ha!)

Thanks again for all the great support!

Rhonda

Hi everyone! I'm new at all of this. And, like many of you, have been reading the posts on this website for several weeks. My friend and I will be having our surgery on December 21 with Dr. Martinez. Did any of you have him instead of Dr. Ortiz. (Dr. Ortiz is not available that week.) My friend and I are teachers, so we are trying to fit it in over our Christmas Break. What about fills in Mexico? Someone with the OCC told me that is was a $99 fee to be picked up at the airport and taken to the OCC, and that the fill itself with exray would cost $100. What about the cost of the motel room? Does anyone know what that is per night?

I'm a little nervous about the entire thing. We're flying into San Diego from St. Louis, MO. Nervous about the trip into Mexico. Nervous about not knowing the doctors or facility personally--I'm going on just what I have researched. Nervous about the surgery--what if something goes wrong? Nervous about causing a slip or a stretched pouch. Can you tell I'm a nervous person? Ha! I don't want to be, it just sneaks up on me!

So, after you have your surgery, you are supposed to be on a liquid diet for two weeks? Is this correct? And, did someone say that since you don't have your first fill until 6-8 weeks after surgery, their is nothing in the band?

Does anyone know what kind of exercise is ok and what kind of exercise is considered too strenuous? In the beginning I'm sure you have to be very conservative, but what about after two or three months, can you start slow jogging? (Or does the jogging jar your insides too much?)

Thanks for your help in advance! Hope you all are enjoying you Thanksgiving Break!

I am a teacher also and getting banded with DR. Martinez in the 29th. I will start my pre-op diet next week. Best of luck to you and your friend