Still not losing any weight !!

I am now 8 days post surgery and have not lost any weight. I started soup stage yesterday because of an outing and lunch at a resturant. Have stuck to creamy soups, liquid yorgurt and water, not much juice but now I have gained a lb. Have done plenty of walking but I am in the house 2 times a week watching my new grandbaby and by the time she leaves it's already to dark to walk. I live about 45 miles from the nearest gym so that's not an option. Should I be lossing weight....I noticed others have in this liquid phase.

Weight loss is not going to happen right away, I gained 7 lbs with surgery and didn't drop it for over 10 days, you are swollen and retaining water, it's totally normal.

Put away the scale and do not focus on weight loss until after you've had your first fill. Until then you are to eat and drink as much as you need to heal. You may lose weight because you are on a specific diet plan, but if you don't that's okay too. During the first 21 days post op you need to concentrate on recovery and book your first fill.

After your first fill, you start the protein, veggie, grain, fruit diet plan, portion and calorie control.

Relax and it will all fall into place.

Take care!

Remember you are JUST 8 days post surgery! Weight loss is not immediate, but it will come in time. You are going to be just fine. Give your body time to adjust and follow your doctor's guidelines and before you know it the weight will be coming off. I promise you that. It may be slow at certain times and rapid at other times, but it WILL come off.

Agreed. I've lost quite a bit since surgery, but i'm not even focusing on that. When I first arrived home I was 5lbs up after surgery. That is all b/c of swelling and just your body adapting and healing. I have been able to lose since, but like everyone said everyone is soo different you just can't compare youself to others. I'm not getting too excited about the weight loss yet because I know as soon as I start solids it's OVER!!! <_<

Good luck and stick with it! Stick to the plan and let your body heal.

My advice is stay off the scale for 2 weeks. The body needs time to heal, fluid retention after surgery is normal and temporary. It took years to gain the weight, it's not going away overnight so be patient you have taken the biggest step by just having the surgery. Hnag in there!!!! :rolleyes:

You also have to remember if you're walking more, you're also building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. So if your muscle increase is at the same rate or slightly below your fat loss, you're going to either stay the same weight, or gain weight. Don't worry about this. Eventually you will lose more fat, and your muscles can only grow so much, without weight training.

I had the exact same question on day 8 - I was given the advice not to get addicted to the scale, which I became after the surgery. Put the scale away for a week and stop stressing - it will happen :) You have a whole new adventure ahead of you. Hang tight! You'll see the changes. Also remember there are non weight victories along the way too while your body is catching up. ~Kim