fill doctors in nj/ny area

Hi,

My daughter is having her surgery on Dec 12. I plan to go back to Dr. Ortiz for her first fill in (Jan/Feb).

However, does anyone have experience with fill doctors in the NJ/NY area?

I would like to get as much info as possible.

Thanks!!!

Tri State Bariatrics in middletown takes Mexico patients..I will be go to Dr. Singh at Albany Medical Center..Dr.Ren in manhattan was another name referred to me all in New York. I live in Kingston which is about an hour and 45 minutes North of NYC so Albany was best for me. Hope this helps.

Tri State Bariatrics in middletown takes Mexico patients..I will be go to Dr. Singh at Albany Medical Center..Dr.Ren in manhattan was another name referred to me all in New York. I live in Kingston which is about an hour and 45 minutes North of NYC so Albany was best for me. Hope this helps.

Premiema,

Thank U so much for this information. Sorry I didn't get to answer before. Anyway, by daughter is on the Pre Op diet, and she is doing great.

Dr. Ren in Manhattan (anywhere in Manhattan) would probably be 15 minutes away from us !!!!! :P :P :P

Do you know his first name, Telephone # or Center/Office where he works at?

Please let me know,

Thanks again....

I noticed you already lost 15 lbs. When did you have your surgery?

Hi,

My daughter is having her surgery on Dec 12. I plan to go back to Dr. Ortiz for her first fill in (Jan/Feb).

Thanks!!!

Hi, I live in New Jersey and had my lap band with Dr Ren, who happens to be the director of the obesity center there. Her Nurse Practitioner, Gaspar Rosario, opened an office in Old Bridge NJ and does lap band fills there on the weekends. You can also go into the city and see Dr Ren-Fielding, Dr Fielding or Marina Kurian. Gaspar's website is http://www.accessweightlosscare.com. I have had nothing but positive things to say about this group.

• 1 month later...

Hello, My surgeon is Dr Christine Ren and her Nurse Practitioner, Gaspar Rosario, NP does a majority of the fills. He also has a band and truely understands what we go through. Look into them first. My NP told me that Dr Ortiz is a friend of the NYU practice. It might be even fine for you to have your first adjustment in this office instead of traveling back to mexico. Gaspar Rosario also sees patients in Old Bridge NJ on the weekend and may be worth a look for you.

Goodluck!

You will be fine

LapBandJosie

Hi,

Thanks!!!

• 2 months later...
Hi, I live in New Jersey and had my lap band with Dr Ren, who happens to be the director of the obesity center there. Her Nurse Practitioner, Gaspar Rosario, opened an office in Old Bridge NJ and does lap band fills there on the weekends. You can also go into the city and see Dr Ren-Fielding, Dr Fielding or Marina Kurian. Gaspar's website is http://www.accessweightlosscare.com. I have had nothing but positive things to say about this group.

Oh great NYC would be fine for me.................

*ugh*.... Calling around to try to get info on fills in NY. It seems the places that are closest to me don't offer them via Fluroscopy unless they refer me "out" to the labs "if needed" to have it done once I've already had my consultation. But it seems that having the fills via fluroscopy is the best & preferred method, right? I'm waiting to hear back from Dr. Ren's office. Can anyone tell me what it's like there? Office wait? Cost? And, as an aside, because I am NOT going through insurance and paying out of pocket, does that mean that any follow-up care & fills are not covered by insurance even if the Dr. is an "in-network" provider? (Just curious...)

*ugh*.... Calling around to try to get info on fills in NY. It seems the places that are closest to me don't offer them via Fluroscopy unless they refer me "out" to the labs "if needed" to have it done once I've already had my consultation. But it seems that having the fills via fluroscopy is the best & preferred method, right? I'm waiting to hear back from Dr. Ren's office. Can anyone tell me what it's like there? Office wait? Cost? And, as an aside, because I am NOT going through insurance and paying out of pocket, does that mean that any follow-up care & fills are not covered by insurance even if the Dr. is an "in-network" provider? (Just curious...)

I wouldn't think any insurance covers this.... because we wouldn't have gotten approved in the first place, I guess it all depends what coverage you have....

You have to find a doc that will take a you too because of being band in MX

There is a thread where a woman went to MX and was back home the same day, Tho I do think she lived in CA,

• 1 month later...

I come from Bermuda to have my fills with Fill Centers USA/Dr Lee in Mt Laurel, NJ. He's great and I would highly recommend going to him. if you request Flouro, he will meet you at a Radiology center for your fill. I had both my fills done with flouro and I'm happy with the results (surgery w Dr Ortiz March 2008, 1st fill September 2008, 2nd fill November 2008). Happy to report that I have lost 63lbs since the first fill!

• 5 weeks later...
I come from Bermuda to have my fills with Fill Centers USA/Dr Lee in Mt Laurel, NJ. He's great and I would highly recommend going to him. if you request Flouro, he will meet you at a Radiology center for your fill. I had both my fills done with flouro and I'm happy with the results (surgery w Dr Ortiz March 2008, 1st fill September 2008, 2nd fill November 2008). Happy to report that I have lost 63lbs since the first fill!

I just saw Dr. Lee in Mount Laurel on Monday July 6th. He mentioned he has a client from Bermuda!!!!!! How Funny! Anyway, he was FANTASTIC. He stuck me quick and accurate.. gave me as much CC's until I felt restricted and I was the very first patient on the new fluoro machine! It's AWESOME! It was a little embarrassing because there were 3 other people in the room (machine techs I think) watching me and the the machine perform. lol

I could see my band, the port everything! Overly pleased with Dr. lee. He is through Fill Centers USA so its $350 to get started and $300 for the 1st fill under fluoro. It was worth it.

Dr. Lee was GREAT!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I plan on using Dr. Lee-- can I ask what type of band you have and why you waited so long for your first fill?