banded today at the OCC

Hey everyone,

I was banded today at the OCC. Everyone was right about how nice and helpful - the staff is very sweet- one nurse Carmella was been wonderful to me.

Dr. Ortiz is very funny. nice, and confident. he was great

I will write more of my experience later but i just wanted to let everyone know everything went fine for all of the patients today. We just all have the tenderness in the port area and a little gas pain.

The OCC *is* very clean too, by the way.

Thanks,

Christy

Hey everyone,

I was banded today at the OCC. Everyone was right about how nice and helpful - the staff is very sweet- one nurse Carmella was been wonderful to me.

Dr. Ortiz is very funny. nice, and confident. he was great

I will write more of my experience later but i just wanted to let everyone know everything went fine for all of the patients today. We just all have the tenderness in the port area and a little gas pain.

The OCC *is* very clean too, by the way.

Thanks,

Christy

Good to hear from you Christy, I was wondering about you January 8th girls! lol Glad you are all well! Rest up!

Welcome to Bandland!! Don't forget your gas strips/phazyme, it will save you. Walk as much as you can to releive that awful gas bubble. When you get back to Lucerna and order broth and/or apple juice, remember you do not have to drink it all. Some do and suffer later, take it slow. And happy healing!!!

Congrats!! :lb9:

Christy ~ congrats and WELCOME to Bandland! Remember to sip, sip, sip and WALK, WALK, WALK!! Like d\Sarah says, your discomfort will go away soon enough. Take LOTS of mini walks, not just long adventurous ones. Also, the 4th day, which is Sun the 11th you can have a drinkable yogurt.

Now for step 3 (step 1 was preop, 2 was surgery) ~ "Bandster Hell during 21 days post op". Be patience with yourself and go with the flow babe. Keep a daily journal so you know how you are doing and what does and what doesn't work for you. To help prevent getting dizzy and headaches, drink protein water and for the 'roto rooter' problem, use the Benefiber unflavored powder or the chewable Orange-Creme tablets. For the hunger pangs, I switch off between the Metamucil capsules or the chewable Fiber Choice for Weight Managment at 10am and 3pm ~ works for me!

Good luck and keep us posted!! WTG! HOO RAH!

Great for you! Until you are banded you feel like you are on the outside looking in. Well, now you are in!!!! Take it easy. Don't forget to dilute your juices if you order some.

Congrats! Definitely take everyone's advice and don't push yourself to fast too soon. Rest and relax!

Hey everyone,

thanks for all the nice replies and being so supportive. From my spelling in the first post you can tell I was still a little "out of it" lol

I got home last night around 10pm EST. It was a LONG day of traveling and I was having alot of pain. My mom got worried and called the OCC and Dr. Martinez called right back and talked to me for about 30 mins, really just calming me down, and gave suggestions on what i could do and told me I was going to be fine. He said he would call and check on me Monday morning. Then he called my mother back to let her know he checked on me and told her the same things he told me and calmed HER down too. lol That was really great. He wasn't even the one who did my surgery.

So I did some walking last night that late, took some liquid tylenol and a shower, and went to bed and slept until about 5am. I woke up and walked for a bit and went back to sleep until around 9 am and I feel alot better this morning, still tender and sore and still alot of gas pain but I am going to do alot of little walks today to hopefully get those out of my system.

Anyways, overall my experience at the OCC was great - it was the long day of traveling (all day) that had me in pain.

I'm excited to lose some weight!

Hey everyone,

thanks for all the nice replies and being so supportive. From my spelling in the first post you can tell I was still a little "out of it" lol

I got home last night around 10pm EST. It was a LONG day of traveling and I was having alot of pain. My mom got worried and called the OCC and Dr. Martinez called right back and talked to me for about 30 mins, really just calming me down, and gave suggestions on what i could do and told me I was going to be fine. He said he would call and check on me Monday morning. Then he called my mother back to let her know he checked on me and told her the same things he told me and calmed HER down too. lol That was really great. He wasn't even the one who did my surgery.

So I did some walking last night that late, took some liquid tylenol and a shower, and went to bed and slept until about 5am. I woke up and walked for a bit and went back to sleep until around 9 am and I feel alot better this morning, still tender and sore and still alot of gas pain but I am going to do alot of little walks today to hopefully get those out of my system.

Anyways, overall my experience at the OCC was great - it was the long day of traveling (all day) that had me in pain.

AWESOME Christy! Oh, you are going to be just fine honey! Just be positive and be patience. This is a start and you are on your way to a better you. Like you said, continue to take those mini little walks and sip, sip, sip.

Also, don't sit for too long of a period, this causes the gas bubbles to 'settle'. So the more you move the more the gas bubbles will find no place to settle down and cause your frustrations. Another thing I find that had helped me while I was sitting watching TV or whatever, is to do some light arms movements such as one arm reaching towards the ceiling and sort of stretching ever so slightly and then the other arm. Rolling your shoulders and neck forward and backwards and around do their tricks too.

Keep a daily journal, so you know what works and what doesn't. Focus on your goal and write down your feelsing. Mark off your water intake and what your daily exercises were. This is a good thing and it helps you to move forward in a positive way.

Good luck babe! Now you are on your way for an amazing adventure!

Hey everyone,

Hey Christy, I am glad you are doing better today. That was so nice of Dr. Martinez to call you and talk to you. He really is nice, I think I remember him coming in before my surgery (or it might have been after) and talking with me, and he was just so nice. He also spoke to me first thing Friday am when he came in as I was waiting to leave, and asked how I was doing. :)

Take care :)

Hey Christy, I am glad you are doing better today. That was so nice of Dr. Martinez to call you and talk to you. He really is nice, I think I remember him coming in before my surgery (or it might have been after) and talking with me, and he was just so nice. He also spoke to me first thing Friday am when he came in as I was waiting to leave, and asked how I was doing. :)

Take care :)

Glad you are feeling a little better. That was a long journey. You do need to pamper and the only thing that saved me from the pain was ibuprofen 800 which I had. I crushed it and mixed 1/2 at a time with liquid tylenol and drank that whenever I needed it which was often. I am 4.5 weeks post op and still take it at night occasionally. Walk and rest and sip, sip soothing warm drinks.

The doctors are awesome and there for you!

Feel better.

Labella

Banned 12 11 OCC