Slippage HELP!!!

Hey there all! I am terrified that my band has slipped! I can eat and drink just fine, but if I lay down after eating some of my food comes back up in liquid form and I have to run to the bathroom and spit it out. I have felt a little nauseated lately, but nothing major. Could my band have slipped or I am just overreacting? I am scheduled for an adjustment on Wednesday so I will ask my doctor then, but right now I need some advice because I am freaking out. I am a full time college student and I work; I don't have time for another operation to fix this, but if I have to I will. I just need some advice. Thanks!

Hi. I honestly dont think your band has slipped. Have you tried not laying down for 30mins - to an hour after eating? (because you really shouldnt lay down right after eating.) I think you just having reflux. You can always call your dr to make sure. Let us know what happens.

I agree with everybody else. It sounds more like acid reflux. If your band slips, you would not beable to keep food down at all. Call you doctor and maybe he can put you on medication for the reflux. Also do not lay down afer eating for at least an hour.

Personally I don't eat after 7 or 8 & go to bed around 11. It also helps to elevate you head with pillows. It's a problem that can come & go & is especially common in people who have had the band a year or more. My doctor here (not the one who did the surgery) said frequently the esophagus stretches some & inhibits the closing action which keeps food down.