I am banded!!

Well.......

I am sitting here in my hospital bed after having my surgery today.. I feel great!!!!!!

As seen in a prev post I was so scared to travel alone. And you were all right that said I would meet people and make friends here that were getting the same thing done today.I got to meet the people who had it done yesterday and was able to get advice and heat their experience.

I am SOOOOOO glad I decided to come here and I am soo happy that I didn't chicken out. Only wished that I did this sooner.

Everything is so nice and clean, everyone is soooooo polite and well Dr. Ortiz looks better in person and other male medical staff are very easy on the eyes.

Dr. Miranda was really nice and was very nice to talk to!

And I never did have a last meal last night.. I figured I have been having last meals my whole life... Guess it wasn't doing anything for me so who eat it. No reason too.

Thanks everyone for the support

Well.......

I am sitting here in my hospital bed after having my surgery today.. I feel great!!!!!!

As seen in a prev post I was so scared to travel alone. And you were all right that said I would meet people and make friends here that were getting the same thing done today.I got to meet the people who had it done yesterday and was able to get advice and heat their experience.

I am SOOOOOO glad I decided to come here and I am soo happy that I didn't chicken out. Only wished that I did this sooner.

Everything is so nice and clean, everyone is soooooo polite and well Dr. Ortiz looks better in person and other male medical staff are very easy on the eyes.

Dr. Miranda was really nice and was very nice to talk to!

And I never did have a last meal last night.. I figured I have been having last meals my whole life... Guess it wasn't doing anything for me so who eat it. No reason too.

Thanks everyone for the support

Glad you came through all of the nerves and worries. It is so amazing after you have it done at how good you feel isn't it? Wow! you did a great job on your pre-op. That mindset will surely help you out the rest of the way. Congratulations.

:lb16: :lb10: :lb16:

Good to hear things went well for you. Hope you have a successful and fun "filled" journey!

congrats

O guess I am next..

on the 16th ... by reading posts like urs.. gives me strength...

thanks everyone

hope things will just go fine

inshahAllah

So glad to hear to are there and done! YEAH! Congratulations and welcome to bandland. Now remember, to walk a lot and sip your liquids. No gulping. You'll want to avoid excess air as much as possible. And the walking will help with the gas and bloating. Good luck and be safe on your way home!

:lb9: WELCOME, WELCOME! You are going to rock now! Like everyone says, take it easy and don't rush! You've got this far, and TRUST us when we say to take the time to heal and relearn the basic of things. You are going for an amazing ride right now.

Like Mona says, sip, sip, sip and WALK, WALK, WALK. This will help your band and your body to adjust and your swelling/bloating. Continue with the Gas X strips, 2 at a time, even though you may not feel you have gas...it's there, just hiding in your joints area. This is natural from the surgery gas, C20. Don't sit for prolong periods, as gas likes to lurk around the joints area and cause a stir! Take several mini walks, not long ones.

Make sure you continue with the Benefiber powder to help with the 'roto rooter' plumbing. If you are consistent with using the Metamucil capsules or the Fiber Choice chewables at 10am and 3pm, you won't have any hunger pangs.

Then, start your dialy journal. This helps you keep yourself in line and track your success. I write down what I eat (when I start on solids, I add the calories and protein grams for each item), mark off my water intake, my small reachable goals and when I reached them, I rewrite a new goal, my exercises for the day and then my feelings for the day. It may seem like a lot, but once you get started, it's a piece of cake to continue. You would be surprised at how you do. On a good day, you can put a 'star' on the top right hand corner of the page and you can refer to this page as a future reference.

Good luck and keep us posted on your journey. Let the weight loss begin! You are in for an adventure!

Well done! Thank you so much for letting us all know that you are doing great. I am sitting at Heathrow airport in London. I am on my way to OCC. I should make it by tomorrow if all the planes decide to fly on time. I am scheduled for the 9th. And I am still focusing on that bloody port! Your post has calmed me down. Thanks again and good luck

MalCal

congrats and welcome to bandland :)

I hope your recovery goes well and good luck :)

Congrats! Now the fun really begins! :) You have done such a great job thus far so I have no fears - you will do great!!

Welcome to the other side!!! Don't push yourself too hard too fast - take time to relax!!!