IT'S SAY-IT-ALL SUNDAY!

SAY - IT - ALL- SUNDAY

:o:( :lb3: :lb20:

1997-01-29.gif

Good morning everyone! I started this thread in the general area for more visability. :blink: How did everyone do this week? Carrie, is the peach pie still intact? ;) This week was a little tough for me, and I'm only on my pre-op diet!! Eek!! I've got until Thursday to lose 5 more pounds so I'm asking you all to keep me on track. Hopefully staying accountable through the forum will help me focus in this final stretch before surgery.

Was everyone good bandsters this past week?? Spill it! :D We're all here for you! :lb18:

Love that cartoon!

I am having issues not over-eating...I think I am stopping before it's too late but then I have a stomach ache all night and often end up taking a Gravol because I feel like I am going to be sick. I have some restriction since surgery as I cannot eat as much as I used to and a couple of times I have thought I was going to PB but nothing comes up...just hurts (it is always starchy food that does it). Last night I had what I think was a sliming incident...not nice.

I still need a fill though as I can still eat too much so I am going back to the OCC on October 12th (will I be able to see Dr. O when I go, does anyone know?)...but man, I am having a hard time NOT eating too much!!!!!! AAAaaaghhhhh

:wacko:

I had a good week. I am on my preop diet and really trying to lose as much weight as possible before surgery. I am doing the 2 protein shakes and lean cusine for dinner. I also am walking 40 minutes a day when i get home from work.

So far on the preop diet I have lost 19 pounds so I am quite happy.

Had my son for dinner Thursday and made all his favorites. That was the hardest day for me but I managed to cook for the kids and stay with my lean cuisine so that was a plus for me.

So all you other preops keep up with the good work. I know you can lose what you need to because if I can do it then you certainly can. Stay focused on what the band can help us accomplish and keep drinking those shakes and eating those lean cuisine :)

2 more weeks for me to go so I am aiming to lose at least another 4 pounds.

I had a good week too. It was my first week filled after my unfill. I only got 2 cc's put in so not as much restriction as I am used to but I still managed to shed 6 of the 9 pounds I gained during unfill. I also joined a gym and am training myself to run. I've always wanted to be a runner. I had a few treats in moderation, but mostly made good choices and never once had to slime or PB....hope to never do that again. Getting back on here has really helped, thanks!

Sabrina:)

OK I'm next...Did ok the beginning of the week. Finally broke the 25 lb lost. Then who knows just wanted to eat certain foods. So I have had stuck episodes. PB, pain...Been wanting to eat whatever I want!!!!

carbs of course!

here is the confessional.... :secret:

-Costo coffee cake-someone brought it work I love coffee cake, as a kid I didn't (and still don't) like donuts so after church (we rode our bikes) we went to the bakery and I got a piece of coffee cake and my sisters got a donut.

-Costco apple pie-before I was banded I would normally only eat the guts this week I felt compelled to try and eat the crust!

-ice cream-we got a soft serve ice cream machine @ work serve yourself. I put way to much chocolate syrup and nuts, been getting a dish in the afternoon this has got to stop. (I was going to ask to get some dark Hershey syrup but I didn't because..well then I would be more compelled...)

-chocolate chip almond cookie-the latte place, I love these and it was the first time I got one since I was banded. got stuck! (this could be a good thing...)

exercise-just do not do any. (in fairness I do park in the last lot at work so I have to walk a short distance includes a hill-I watch everyone else cruise around looking for a parking space closer) Did work in the yard yesterday... My job also includes walking (can't do the up steps yet-I had foot surgery and all is not well) I did lift weights one time last week, tried yoga (didn't like it) thinking about water aerobics but haven't looked to hard!!! :training1:

Had my grandson over, he loves spaghetti (use Prego organic tomato and basil-don't like onions and it only has onion powder it it)meatballs (Costco-didn't want anyone to think I am the grandmom who makes everything from scratch!). I have only been eating the meatballs but decided I wanted to eat the spaghetti (whole wheat) well surprise it was ok and I felt full. Only had a small plate. so this was a good thing!

Love this idea of different daily posts. I log on this forum almost every morning but don't feel like I have anything really to post. Thank you Charelle!!!

:lb23:

(love the cartoon-devil dogs-don't have them in WA but I am from NJ and miss ringdings-the big one-don't think they even make them anymore?)

D.

Ok here's some inspiration for you pre-op's.... the first 3-4 days is the hardest on the diet but stick with it, you'll adjust physically in the next day or 2,, mentally on day 5 you'll see such a dramatic weight loss it will keep you going the rest of the way....it's all worth it, today is day 6 post-op for me. i was completely full after 1/2 cup of soup WOWWWWW i've lost 24 pounds since august 17th... keep going it's worth it

mizty

Revy D, how long have you been on the pre-op diet?

I am on Day #2 and I feel tired and hungry. Waah! What a baby.

Oh, and ice cream at work? Like Sabrina, I would have to quit!

Margaret

Hi Margaret. I was 297 when i started so I thought I better start early to make sure I could lose the weight.

I actually started on August 27th. The first 3 days were the worst but after that it has been good . I just keep thinking I want my liver to be as small and not slimy as possible if they are going to have to move it out of the way. That keeps me motivated.

One more day and you should start to feel better. When is your surgery date?

Ok here's some inspiration for you pre-op's.... the first 3-4 days is the hardest on the diet but stick with it, you'll adjust physically in the next day or 2,, mentally on day 5 you'll see such a dramatic weight loss it will keep you going the rest of the way....it's all worth it, today is day 6 post-op for me. i was completely full after 1/2 cup of soup WOWWWWW i've lost 24 pounds since august 17th... keep going it's worth it

mizty

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your weight loss. How are you feeling post op. What was your experience like?

RevyD,

My surgery is on September 25. Today is day #2 of the pre-op diet and, once again, I cheated. I was between "lunch" and dinner and I was helping my mom do some packing. I was sooooo hungry. I ate about a dozen almonds.

It's nice to hear from others that it gets easier. I'm already surprised at how yummy I think Lean Cuisine is (in comparison with protein drinks!).

I can do this.... Right?

Margaret

Personally, I would prefer to not have another week like this one. I dread getting on the scales in the morning. I have struggled eating enough protein, enough fruits and vegetables and drinking enough liquid all week. I have only wanted super small portions at meal times but then wanted something in between. I am still too worn out to get back into the workout mode, but I definitely need to. I will be off work next week, so I going to try and pick my most energetic part of the day and work out.

Camped with my parents this weekend and cookies and desserts were plentiful. I did pretty good at meal time eating salads w/chicken, but had one cookie each morning and afternoon/evening (5 total from Friday pm to Sunday pm). As a child when I camped with them at this same event it would be nothing for me to have 5 cookies and 2 hot chocolates each am and pm, so I guess I shouldn't get too down on myself because 2 years ago I still would have done this - now I know why I don't have the stuff in my house. Everytime I ate something sweet I felt sick afterwards and remembered that it had also happened the time before. The problem is that I never remembered that I had felt sick the previous time prior to consuming it. This afternoon I finally started getting nausous even thinking about chocolate so that shut me down from enjoying a hot chocolate with my nephews.

The only thing that sounds good right now is meat, meat, meat, so I am going to take advantage of that when I go get the laundry in a few minutes and pull some out of the freezer to be cooked tomorrow.

My tummy is kind of mad at me right now, so hopefully after getting the junk out of my system, forcing myself to drink and finishing another potential cause of my yucky feeling I will be back to my normal banded style.

I also had a weekend of wanting nothing but sweet stuff, especially chocolate sweet stuff. UGH! I don't want to get on the scale in the morning either, but the longer I ignore it the more I will regret it in the long run. I have been doing the whole up and down thing with the same 3 stinking pounds and it is very easy to let myself get frustrated with that. It is nice to be able to confess and not be judged for our occasional weaknesses. Tomorrow is a new day and and the start of a new week!

dawn

RevyD,

My surgery is on September 25. Today is day #2 of the pre-op diet and, once again, I cheated. I was between "lunch" and dinner and I was helping my mom do some packing. I was sooooo hungry. I ate about a dozen almonds.

It's nice to hear from others that it gets easier. I'm already surprised at how yummy I think Lean Cuisine is (in comparison with protein drinks!).

I can do this.... Right?

You definetly can do this Margaret. Take it a day at a time and focus on the end result. I much healthier and thinner you.

Debbie

Margaret

What I great idea for a thread - because I sure do have some stuff to confess after this weekend! Well, my surgery will be the 29th and the OCC has asked me to lose 12 lbs. So, I decided to start two weeks ago, giving myself a total of 4 weeks pre-op to lose the weight. The first week went very well - I stuck to plan (decided on Atkins induction) and lost 7 lbs. Last week, not so much. My daughter and I both caught swine flu (it's epidemic at her school - 8 confirmed cases in her class alone) so my diet went out the window. Although, having the flu, I didn't actually gain any weight, but unfortunately didn't lose any more either. Then there was last night... *sigh*

So, we'd done our full courses of Tamiflu and were celebrating our recovery, along with a good friend's birthday. At the birthday party, I ate a full dinner (BarBque, Mac and Cheese, potato salad), a generous piece of the birthday cake (chocolate/bacon cake - yep, you read that right - complete with candied-bacon topping) and... ahem... four pomegranate martinis. *hangs head* Soooooo... I have not been on the scale to assess the damage, frankly, I'm scared to get on. But, luckily, I still have a full two weeks before my surgery (17 days, actually) so I'm just gonna get back on the horse and re-start my pre-op diet. Time to get serious! Glad to hear the rest of you are doing well! :)

-- Deena

p.s. - I've been meaning to ask, RevyD - what brand of shakes are you using? I've tried a couple of different kinds so far and am having trouble finding one I can stomach - anybody have any reccomendations?

SAY - IT - ALL- SUNDAY

:o:( :lb3: :lb20:

1997-01-29.gif

Good morning everyone! I started this thread in the general area for more visability. :blink: How did everyone do this week? Carrie, is the peach pie still intact? ;) This week was a little tough for me, and I'm only on my pre-op diet!! Eek!! I've got until Thursday to lose 5 more pounds so I'm asking you all to keep me on track. Hopefully staying accountable through the forum will help me focus in this final stretch before surgery.

Was everyone good bandsters this past week?? Spill it! :D We're all here for you! :lb18:

lol @ Charelle,

Yes the peach pie was great. I did have my one slice and gave all but two slices away, the boys ate them. Last week was ok for me other than the two oreos.... I did pretty good until I got to SATURDAY and blew it. I had Mexican food, PIE and Icecream...WOW that sucks! Sunday I did extremely well and today I am doing good. This weekends is going to be hard, my b-day weekend so my hubby will take me out. ohh well..This is a new week and all I can do is try to do better!

Carrie

lol @ Charelle,

Yes the peach pie was great. I did have my one slice and gave all but two slices away, the boys ate them. Last week was ok for me other than the two oreos.... I did pretty good until I got to SATURDAY and blew it. I had Mexican food, PIE and Icecream...WOW that sucks! Sunday I did extremely well and today I am doing good. This weekends is going to be hard, my b-day weekend so my hubby will take me out. ohh well..This is a new week and all I can do is try to do better!

Carrie

Carrie,

Of course you can do whatever you want on your bday and I would NEVER judge, but I have suggested to mine that instead of taking me out to dinner, he can take me to something else that we wouldn't normally splurge on. I was thinking maybe a concert or play, but he bought us tix to an NBA game that's coming to Vancouver Oct 22nd. We used to have seasons tix for the Grizzlies when they were "Vancouver Grizzlies" but basketball doesn't sell well here (hockey town) so we lost the team...anyway, looking so forward to seeing a game again! Oh yeah, instead of a fancy dinner on his bday, we went to a baseball game and had a blast! I'm trying really hard to find other forms of entertainment since dining out was all we ever did to celebrate stuff.

Carrie,

Of course you can do whatever you want on your bday and I would NEVER judge, but I have suggested to mine that instead of taking me out to dinner, he can take me to something else that we wouldn't normally splurge on. I was thinking maybe a concert or play, but he bought us tix to an NBA game that's coming to Vancouver Oct 22nd. We used to have seasons tix for the Grizzlies when they were "Vancouver Grizzlies" but basketball doesn't sell well here (hockey town) so we lost the team...anyway, looking so forward to seeing a game again! Oh yeah, instead of a fancy dinner on his bday, we went to a baseball game and had a blast! I'm trying really hard to find other forms of entertainment since dining out was all we ever did to celebrate stuff.

Good idea Sabrina! Personally, the problem with my situation is that my husband and I do go to plays and games and what-not, but ALSO couple it with a nice dinner! Dinner & a movie, Dinner & a play, hot dogs & beer at a Dodger game, Beer & munchies at a Laker game...

Honestly, I couldn't even imagine going to an event without tying it to food! Goodness...this is going to be a long, hard journey! Eek!

~Charelle

Scale time wasn't too bad this morning. I was up 1.5 pounds, but based on the time of month, 1.5 lbs. will probably be gone by Friday. I did e-mail my fill doc today to see if I can get back .2cc's of the .3 that I had removed a few weeks ago. The irritation is over with and everything (including bread) goes down slick as a whistle.

What I great idea for a thread - because I sure do have some stuff to confess after this weekend! Well, my surgery will be the 29th and the OCC has asked me to lose 12 lbs. So, I decided to start two weeks ago, giving myself a total of 4 weeks pre-op to lose the weight. The first week went very well - I stuck to plan (decided on Atkins induction) and lost 7 lbs. Last week, not so much. My daughter and I both caught swine flu (it's epidemic at her school - 8 confirmed cases in her class alone) so my diet went out the window. Although, having the flu, I didn't actually gain any weight, but unfortunately didn't lose any more either. Then there was last night... *sigh*

So, we'd done our full courses of Tamiflu and were celebrating our recovery, along with a good friend's birthday. At the birthday party, I ate a full dinner (BarBque, Mac and Cheese, potato salad), a generous piece of the birthday cake (chocolate/bacon cake - yep, you read that right - complete with candied-bacon topping) and... ahem... four pomegranate martinis. *hangs head* Soooooo... I have not been on the scale to assess the damage, frankly, I'm scared to get on. But, luckily, I still have a full two weeks before my surgery (17 days, actually) so I'm just gonna get back on the horse and re-start my pre-op diet. Time to get serious! Glad to hear the rest of you are doing well! :)

-- Deena

p.s. - I've been meaning to ask, RevyD - what brand of shakes are you using? I've tried a couple of different kinds so far and am having trouble finding one I can stomach - anybody have any reccomendations?

Hi Deena. I just use the Slim Fast shakes. I asked Dr. Miranda if they were okay and she said yes. They are very tastey especially the fudge one. Don't beat yourself up over the weekend. Just get back on that horse and take it a day at a time. You can do it!!! :D