What was your "first meal"?

Charelle

Hello everyone,

Since I am on the final stretch of the 21 day liquid madness, I've been constantly thinking about what my first breakfast, lunch & dinner will be...not to mention the menu I've already planned for the next 3 weeks!! (Healthy food!)

What was your first meal(s) once day 22 came around?? :P

Hmmm... that is a very good question, Charelle (since I, too am still on liquids - but only on day 4!) - still, I am already hungry for "real food" and already thinking about it (too much, probably!) -- I think my first meal is going to be a grilled cheese sandwich. I know, bread and all that - but, I'm still unfilled, and I want one soooooo badly. Also, I've heard Taco Bell pintos and cheese is a popular choice, and that sounds really amazing right now, too. Oh well, back now to my broth and my dreaming... lol

My first dinner was pinto beans and a taco which I was surprise because I could only eat one. Before surgery I

would of had 3 or 4 tacos. Now I eat about 1/2 of taco if I eat beans if not I can eat one little taco LOL

Hello everyone,

Since I am on the final stretch of the 21 day liquid madness, I've been constantly thinking about what my first breakfast, lunch & dinner will be...not to mention the menu I've already planned for the next 3 weeks!! (Healthy food!)

What was your first meal(s) once day 22 came around?? :P

Charelle,

I remember I made one scrambled egg for breakfast for my first "food" . I ate two bits and just stopped in mid chew....I was STUFFED. I have NEVER been able to do eggs well, unless they are extremely runny! I dont remember lunch, dinner my sister had a party and I ate just a couple of bits of finger foods and that was about it. Honestly I do remember thinking, WOW that is was not as a big deal as I thought it would be....

Be careful exp in the morning time......Chew Chew Chew.... :-) Already making your menu is an AWESOME idea!!!!! You are gong to do GREAT!

Carrie

Weirdly enough, I was CRAVING tuna fish with celery and green onions. So I had that the first few days! :)

Oddly enough, Jessica, that's been on my mind!! At the beginning of the 21 days, I thought for sure I'd be craving everything under the sun that's BAD for me. BUT (along with some bad food) I've actually been craving some good things also!

Thanks everyone!!! Man, I can't wait! Even simple things like a scrambled egg sounds SOOOOOOO tasty right now! I'll probably wake at the crack of dawn just to get my morning breakfast ready!! WOO-HOO!!

Mine was a piece of pizza and let me tell you I ate it sooo slow b/c I was scared. I broke down and ate about 8pm the night of the last day of the 21 days. I was stuck at a work meeting and the pizza just smelled sooo good! It went down just fine I just took it slow.

I think I am about halfway through the liquids phase and I have not missed food at all. Crazy, right? I've been surprised at HOW FULL I feel on liquids. And I'm not hungry much. The first 5 days of clear liquids SUCKED so hard because I was so weak and dizzy. Since adding yogurt and protein drinks I feel great except for a recent gas bubble on my upper left abdomen.

For my first meal? I honestly don't know! I'm not craving anything. I'm honestly shocked by this. Other people get all weird when they're eating around me, feeling guilty but it doesn't bother me at all. I know I am in the healing phase and I don't want to mess this up.

BTW, I had at least one huge bruise, too, which got worse before it got better. I can literally feel my port with my hand. Can you?

Thanks everyone!!! Man, I can't wait! Even simple things like a scrambled egg sounds SOOOOOOO tasty right now! I'll probably wake at the crack of dawn just to get my morning breakfast ready!! WOO-HOO!!

Hi Charelle...

I am on the same day as you. I have been doing really good but this week, I have been wondering the same thing. I know this is baaaaad, but I am craving a bite of a warm apple fritter and I miss my pasta.

I'm just hoping I get full fast so I won't get too crazy. I've lost about 13 pounds so far. It's been going down about .2 to .4 lbs. a day. My husband is bragging on me and that's pressure enough not to gain weight back.

Planning meals is probably the way to go so you know what the next meal is instead of going for some bad craving. Sounds like you're doing good. :)

I think I am about halfway through the liquids phase and I have not missed food at all. Crazy, right? I've been surprised at HOW FULL I feel on liquids. And I'm not hungry much. The first 5 days of clear liquids SUCKED so hard because I was so weak and dizzy. Since adding yogurt and protein drinks I feel great except for a recent gas bubble on my upper left abdomen.

For my first meal? I honestly don't know! I'm not craving anything. I'm honestly shocked by this. Other people get all weird when they're eating around me, feeling guilty but it doesn't bother me at all. I know I am in the healing phase and I don't want to mess this up.

BTW, I had at least one huge bruise, too, which got worse before it got better. I can literally feel my port with my hand. Can you?

You know, up until these last 5 days, I was perfectly fine! My husband feels bad on a daily basis that I'm making meals for him & my daughter while I'm on liquids. I didn't mind AT ALL though! For some reason...these last 5 days are killer!!!! :o

Hi Charelle...

I am on the same day as you. I have been doing really good but this week, I have been wondering the same thing. I know this is baaaaad, but I am craving a bite of a warm apple fritter and I miss my pasta.

I'm just hoping I get full fast so I won't get too crazy. I've lost about 13 pounds so far. It's been going down about .2 to .4 lbs. a day. My husband is bragging on me and that's pressure enough not to gain weight back.

Planning meals is probably the way to go so you know what the next meal is instead of going for some bad craving. Sounds like you're doing good. :)

Great job on the 13 lbs.! Since going on full liquids, my weight loss has dramatically slowed down! I also have cravings for the bad food...I think right now I'd settle for about anything! Only a few more days!!! I can't wait for you to check back in on Thursday with what you had!! I'll do the same. :D

YAY for day 22!!!!!!!!!

I made egg salad with 2 hard boiled eggs, some lite mayo & a touch of sugar & put some on 2 small dinner rolls. I finished the dinner rolls, but there was still half the egg salad left, but i felt satisfied, so thank goodness I had the will at the time to stop!

For lunch, I'm having chicken salad on 2 small dinner rolls again. Hope that goes well.

AND THEN....for dinner....MEXICAN FOOD!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!! THAT'S what I've been waiting for!!!

YAY for day 22!!!!!!!!!

I made egg salad with 2 hard boiled eggs, some lite mayo & a touch of sugar & put some on 2 small dinner rolls. I finished the dinner rolls, but there was still half the egg salad left, but i felt satisfied, so thank goodness I had the will at the time to stop!

For lunch, I'm having chicken salad on 2 small dinner rolls again. Hope that goes well.

AND THEN....for dinner....MEXICAN FOOD!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!! THAT'S what I've been waiting for!!!

Congrats to you Charelle!!!

Mexican Food is the DEVIL!!!....lol

It is a VERY bad habit that I need take charge of. Chips and Dip goes down way to easy for me. I really have to watch eating it due to the calories......

Carrie

Congrats to you Charelle!!!

Mexican Food is the DEVIL!!!....lol

It is a VERY bad habit that I need take charge of. Chips and Dip goes down way to easy for me. I really have to watch eating it due to the calories......

Carrie

Thanks, Carrie! I SOOOO wish this band made me dislike Mexican food, but no such luck so far! Trying to not mindlessly graze on chips & salsa will be hard!

Thanks, Carrie! I SOOOO wish this band made me dislike Mexican food, but no such luck so far! Trying to not mindlessly graze on chips & salsa will be hard!

Hi Charelle,

I had my skim milk with my carnation this morning. I'm scared to eat. How did it go? I am afraid of choking or throwing up. Did you chew forever and did you drink with your meal?

Mon.

Hang in there, you will do great! It is very hard!!! I cant seem to stay away, that is my FAV food!

Carrie

YEA!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mexican food is my weakness too! Like was said be very careful w/ the chips and dips - they go down just fine and you can eat way too many of them. I know I eat them way too much!

And no worries to you all you are not gonna get stuck or PB without a fill. I have never heard of anyone doing that just yet. But this is a good time to practice all those rules like chewing like crazy and taking small bites. My 1st PB didn't come until after my 2nd fill and it was bread - an english muffin.

Hi Charelle,

I had my skim milk with my carnation this morning. I'm scared to eat. How did it go? I am afraid of choking or throwing up. Did you chew forever and did you drink with your meal?

Mon.

Hey Mon,

I was a little scared! I was afraid my stomach wouldn't really agree with "real" food, but did okay! The chewing...WOW....that's something to get used to!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mexican food is my weakness too! Like was said be very careful w/ the chips and dips - they go down just fine and you can eat way too many of them. I know I eat them way too much!

And no worries to you all you are not gonna get stuck or PB without a fill. I have never heard of anyone doing that just yet. But this is a good time to practice all those rules like chewing like crazy and taking small bites. My 1st PB didn't come until after my 2nd fill and it was bread - an english muffin.

THANKS! How the heck does anyone manage to chew 30 times before swallowing?!?!?! I swear...at chew #15 or 20, half the bite has slid down my throat already! Maybe I'm taking too big of a bite.... :huh:

It feels SOOOOO good to be in the land or "normal eaters" now! My co-workers have been calling me a party pooper for the last 5 weeks or so because of the pre/post diets. Now, I can finally accept a lunch invite and get out of the office for a bit. Not doing that too often & sticking to a third of my normal meal will be a challenge. I'm trying to eat slow & steady now, so as not to get to the point to where my stomach would allow me to eat that much again!

Can't wait for that fill!!

Hey Mon,

I was a little scared! I was afraid my stomach wouldn't really agree with "real" food, but did okay! The chewing...WOW....that's something to get used to!!

THANKS! How the heck does anyone manage to chew 30 times before swallowing?!?!?! I swear...at chew #15 or 20, half the bite has slid down my throat already! Maybe I'm taking too big of a bite.... :huh:

It feels SOOOOO good to be in the land or "normal eaters" now! My co-workers have been calling me a party pooper for the last 5 weeks or so because of the pre/post diets. Now, I can finally accept a lunch invite and get out of the office for a bit. Not doing that too often & sticking to a third of my normal meal will be a challenge. I'm trying to eat slow & steady now, so as not to get to the point to where my stomach would allow me to eat that much again!

Can't wait for that fill!!

Hey.

Well, I had half a can of progresso tomato soup with 4 crushed ritz crackers in it and 5 blackberries. I drank a capri sun with it without thinking but so far I feel ok. My husband wants to take me to dinner.... yikes.... I didn't think I would be this paranoid about eating even though I get hungry.

I just don't want to get back into any bad habits after doing so good on the 21 days. I lost 14 pounds and am dreading the scale tomorrow because I know it won't be going down after eating today.

Oh, yeah, then I had 5 keebler peanut butter crackers an hour later..... crap....

Mon