Tomorrow is the BIG day!

I can not believe this day is here. I started the process of researching the band in August of 2009. I was going to get it here in Reno but thankfully a friend pointed me in the right direction. If she wouldn't have I would still be doing my 3 month weight loss appointments with my doc and fighting with insurance. I doubt insurance would have helped me out and even if they would have I STILL would have ended up paying more!

Anyhow, I am so excited and I think I am more nervous about the flight than getting banded. I will update with a full report on my experience. Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful advice and caring words that you have shared over this past month. I appreciate it and thank you so much. :wub:

Soo exciting! You will do great - welcome to the next chapter of your life!

Let us know how you do. Good luck!

Tomarrow will over before you know it. It all went by sooooo fast. What a present you have given your self. The kind that is priceless

I can not believe this day is here. I started the process of researching the band in August of 2009. I was going to get it here in Reno but thankfully a friend pointed me in the right direction. If she wouldn't have I would still be doing my 3 month weight loss appointments with my doc and fighting with insurance. I doubt insurance would have helped me out and even if they would have I STILL would have ended up paying more!

Anyhow, I am so excited and I think I am more nervous about the flight than getting banded. I will update with a full report on my experience. Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful advice and caring words that you have shared over this past month. I appreciate it and thank you so much. :wub:

Yea, tomorrow's the day!!! I think I was more scared about going through the boarder then anything. LOL It's been years since I have been to TJ..something like 40 something (OUCH) You will not be sorry and I am excited to hear all about your time there and weight loss adventure :wub: Good Luck and keep us posted.

Janice

Congrats, that is awesome!!!! I've been watching for tracker - your wait is up...Whoop, whoop! Your going to do great. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Well its the 18th here in Australia! I just wanted to wish you the very best with your surgery and recovery. Thinking of you and remembering my surgery now too lol. Its an amazing feeling waking up and knowing you have made this huge positive choice, it may be sore but that will be blown away by the feeling of positivity, believe me. Best luck sweetie xoxo.

Good Luck!!!

Hi Steph,

Wishing you the best today! I was at the OCC last night for my first fill. Went okay, I will post about it later.

I just wanted to say congrats and send you lots of hugs that don't hurt. oxoxoxoxox

(which reminds me there is a 7-11 like store in TJ called "oxox" Don't know how to pronounce that but I affectionately refer to it as hug n kisses :D )

Here I am back at home and banded. Wow what an experience. Everyone at the OCC was great. Love love love them. I am definitely going back there for my first fill. I am sore in the port area but that is about it. When I get the hungry feeling all I have to do is drink some liquids and it goes away.

The one wierd thing is that I gained 1.5 lbs. between the day I left for surgery and today. :rolleyes: I have no idea how that happened. Maybe i am retaining a little water post surgery. I got home and hopped on teh scale and about had a heart attack to see the number up instead of down. Did this happen to anyone else?

I got to meet Sportsmom and Jeannie. There was also another man and a really sweet lady getting banded on the same day. We all came through fine.

I think I am one of the lucky ones who didn't get the gas problems. I brought all sorts of gas stuff with me but never had to use any of it. I hope it isn't one of those things that happens later. :(

Anyhow, I am so glad that I got it done. Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement.

Hey girl, I am so excited for you. Now go gett'em girl! Some of us newbie's are going to be asking you a lot of questions. I'm glad you had an easy time and are back home safe and sound.

Hey steph, I guess I missed you, I was banded on Thursday. I think everything was wonderful as well. they are very nice there. I only have slight pain in my chest and in my port area. I dont know if its heart burn or air trapped?..Other then that im doing well. Cant wait to see our progress.

So glad that it all went well for you! Yea!

Hey Stephanie,

So glad I was able to post. hope you and your husband had a good flight back. We only had a 3 hr. drive home so it wasn't to bad for us at all, but the only things that sucked is that we had to stop three times jsut to go pee. It's like I was pregnant all over again.

So how are things going???For me everything is well I still have the pressure from all the gas that's trying to come out and soreness around the port, but everything seems to be going well. have you weighed your self after the 1.5 weight gain?? I just weighed my self this morning and I'm 4 pounds down so I guess I'm doing everything alright. I can not wait to see our progress. Well it was so nice to meet you and your husband and maybe we will see eachother for our fill.

Hey Stephanie,

So glad I was able to post. hope you and your husband had a good flight back. We only had a 3 hr. drive home so it wasn't to bad for us at all, but the only things that sucked is that we had to stop three times jsut to go pee. It's like I was pregnant all over again.

So how are things going???For me everything is well I still have the pressure from all the gas that's trying to come out and soreness around the port, but everything seems to be going well. have you weighed your self after the 1.5 weight gain?? I just weighed my self this morning and I'm 4 pounds down so I guess I'm doing everything alright. I can not wait to see our progress. Well it was so nice to meet you and your husband and maybe we will see eachother for our fill.

Hey Genie! Good to hear from you. I am glad you figured it out. I was looking for you through the member list but I was looking under the "J"s. lol I lost the weight that I had gained. All I could figure is that from flying and the surgery I must have retained some water. It is gone now. I am pretty sore in the port area too. I never did get the gas pains but I am peeing a lot. Do you sometimes feel your port area moving a little? Sometimes it feels like when you are about 6-7 months pregnant and you get a little kick right by the ribs. lol I hope this is normal. Please keep in touch. :wub:

Hey Stephanie, was wondering what liquid vitamin you are taking? I have asked about the Centrum, but the pharmacist told me they where not making that anymore. Can't seem to find a liquid multi vitamin anywhere.

What are you doing for your first week - food that is? Anything good, bad?

How much fiber are doing?

Thanks, I'll try not to fire to many questions at once. hehehe

Hope your still doing well!

Yeah I finally figured it out. I will be here alot. I love this board SOOOOO HELPFULL

Yes I also feel the port move too. It's like a little pop yes very similar to a baby kicking. to funny. I'm counting down the days where I can't at least put something creaming in my mounth. Forsure keep intouch.

I have not found liquid vitamin yet. I am thinking of getting the Prothera bariatric vitamin. It has tons of great stuff in it. I buy all of my son's autism supplements from this company. They are great and they are local for me.

I haven't really been tracking my fiber but as I am still pretty "regular" I must be taking some fiber in.

As far as good goes I wake up and have a 1/2 cup of coffee with soy creamer and splenda, then I will have my Special K protein water (about 32 ounces), then I have cranberry/blueberry juice diluted with water. I did have a soy coffee from Starbucks the other day. Yesterday I made a packet of Medifast cream of broccolli soup but I strained it first so all that was left was the liquid. I am not doing so well with the broth. It is kind of starting to gross me out. I also have Gatorade.