Hey, what is the rule on drinking coffee? I have to have at least 16oz by noon or I get the head ache. I use flavord creamer too. Is that a no no? I am starting my pre op diet tomorrow, which should have been today but.... I need to know if I should begin my withdrawls now before surgery so that I will be ready to live without it.

I am a nurse and live on coffee . It has not seemed to hamper me. I drink at least 16 oz before noon. However I do not use the flavored creamers . I usually drink black coffee and once a day on my coffee break I put cream in it.

Debbie

i have weened myself off of LESS coffee over the past year.

Going from 6-7 cups a day, down to 1-2.

*side note/ your headaches are a sign of withdrawal, and probably a good indication of your body's dependency on caffeine.

Just something to think about.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, what is the rule on drinking coffee? I have to have at least 16oz by noon or I get the head ache. I use flavord creamer too. Is that a no no? I am starting my pre op diet tomorrow, which should have been today but.... I need to know if I should begin my withdrawls now before surgery so that I will be ready to live without it.

I drink coffee too, but I measure out how much creamer i put in each cup and log it in with all of my other calories for the day.

I too, do coffee. This whole thing would have been much harder for me without it. I started using the "half caff" and have cut back quite a bit. I would not have made it through the liquid phase without it. Just watch the creamers, they can add up. I never realized how much creamer I was using until I started paying attention. I use the sugar-free FF, not sure if it's better than using the fat-free, need to check that.

I love coffee and ONLY use the Carnation French Vanilla or Hazelnut liquid creamers in the single serving containers (which means they are not FF or SF). I use 2 single servings in my coffee every morning and guess what? I COUNT them in my WW points for the day. 1 point per serving or 45 calories for each 1 ounce. It is the one splurge I allow myself on a daily basis. That being said I only drink 1 cup per day just to get me going in the morning.