New Guy

I just got banded on 12/23/2009. I have the Realize Lapband and haven't had a fill yet. I go on Feb 2nd for my first fill. I have already lost 34 pounds with the BIG change in eating habits but the wieght loss is starting to taper down now. This past week I lost 3 pounds which is much more normal than the 10 or so I was loosing a week during the liquid and softs diet stage. I am very excited about the results so far and already am feeling alot better and have much more energy.

Hi--34 pounds--way to go! I a couple of weeks behind you and haven't quite lost 20 yet.

Do you feel any restriction from just the band or are you just doing a good job controlling your eating?

I just got banded on 12/23/2009. I have the Realize Lapband and haven't had a fill yet. I go on Feb 2nd for my first fill. I have already lost 34 pounds with the BIG change in eating habits but the wieght loss is starting to taper down now. This past week I lost 3 pounds which is much more normal than the 10 or so I was loosing a week during the liquid and softs diet stage. I am very excited about the results so far and already am feeling alot better and have much more energy.

Awesome! That is a good loss! Congrats and welcome to the board. Good bunch of people here if I do say so myself.

Hey there welcome to the group!!!!! Great to have you and great job so far!!!!

Thanks folks for all the nice comments. I definately do feel restricted when I eat even without a fill yet. My doc told my wife after my surgery while I was in recovery that it was a bit of a "tight fit" but everything looked good. I have also been trying to watch what I eat. I found this place looking for recipes and found several here...you guys are really creative with lo-cal, lo-fat dishes and I am enjoying cooking some of these up.

HOWDY NEW GUY RICK :)