Making Kids Lunches

BrownEyedGirl

Today I was struggling as I made my son's lunch. I wanted to eat a Pop Chip, toss a cheese square into my mouth, and nibble at some lunch meat. And I'm only on my pre-op! I'm kinda scared about how this is going to go during my 3 weeks of liquids. I made it through making his lunch but it was torture. ("torture"? what a wimp)

Have any of you faced this problem while you were on liquid phase? How did you handle it?

Right now I'm telling myself, "You don't want to blow several thousands of dollars on a 25cent portion of food. It's not worth it!" or "Is that bite going to be worth the agony of a slipped band?". Things like that. I could try telling myself how good I'm going to look but that's never worked before. Maybe scaring the poop out of me will. :huh:

Before going for my THIRD unfill the other day, I had a big cry at my mom's house, telling her how terrified I was that if I didn't have lots of restrictiion, I would gain all my weight back. I just couldn't go back to being that person. It was a big sob-fest that resulted in her telling me "YOU CAN DO IT. I HAVE FAITH IN YOU... EVEN IF YOU DON"T HAVE FATH IN YOU... I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!!". Those words have stuck with me and now I'd like to pass them on to you!

Sabrina:)

Today I was struggling as I made my son's lunch. I wanted to eat a Pop Chip, toss a cheese square into my mouth, and nibble at some lunch meat. And I'm only on my pre-op! I'm kinda scared about how this is going to go during my 3 weeks of liquids. I made it through making his lunch but it was torture. ("torture"? what a wimp)

Have any of you faced this problem while you were on liquid phase? How did you handle it?

Right now I'm telling myself, "You don't want to blow several thousands of dollars on a 25cent portion of food. It's not worth it!" or "Is that bite going to be worth the agony of a slipped band?". Things like that. I could try telling myself how good I'm going to look but that's never worked before. Maybe scaring the poop out of me will. :huh:

I really feel for you. It has to be really hard with young kids. I can't even imagine the struggle. I pretty much stayed out of the kitchen for the liquid phase. Maybe put up pictures of what you want to achieve all over your kitchen walls? Heck, I think if I was in you shoes I'd try it along with hanging a clothing line from the walls to hang up clothes I wanted to get into. That way you could look at them as you make the food. You kids are lucky to have a mom that gives them Popchips in their lunch BTW. You could also by those magnets featuring vintage pin-up girls on your fridge. They are not only trendy, fashionable and functionable but could serve as major inspiration. I bought my sister some Betty Page ones for Christmas.

I don't know how old your children are. I have one daughter still at home who is 14. I just got her to make her own lunches and bought her TV dinners for my liguid phase. She thought she had died and gone to heaven being able to eat TV dinners everynight :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not that it is easy to do, but yeah... stay out of the kitchen if you can! Although I did hear... not that you should ever do this, that some people were doing a chew and spit thing.

I say keep your eye on the prize! You can do it! We all can! Plus I have a picture of Dr. Ortiz in my cupboard. That helped quite a bit.... He keeps an eye on me. What Would Dr.O Say?