** 2 Year Bandaversary **

Hello All,

I am here on my 2 year Bandaversary thinking back on the changes from when I first started this journey. Wow, things have changed so greatly.

2 years ago, I was 238 pounds. Wearing, or should I say pushing out of a size 18 jeans and a 2x top. Life was hard. I was depressed because of the weight, uncomfortable with myself, no energy, hid myself from friends and family because I didn't want anyone to see how I had ballooned. I wasn't me anymore. In the first year, I was down to a size 2 jeans and x-small/small top. I have maintained that in the 2nd year.

After being blessed with my band, life changed. The workouts I used to do and not lose weight, I was losing weight, working hard and losing more weight. In less than a years time I had lost over a hundred pounds, infact about 108-113. I even got down to 124 in July of last year and surprisingly did not think I looked good at that weight, so I gained a few pounds. I did have plateaus here and there, but worked through them.

In the 2nd year, I have been able to maintain, even after a bad car accident. There was a bit of a struggle, earlier this year with gaining 9-11 pounds after getting steroid injections in my neck and back. However, after going to Physical Therapy, because they have had me exercising to rehabilitate, I am down to 127-130 again. I also have been finally released to go back to the gym, which means I get to tone up again and I am thrilled. It has been a long road. I still need to be cautious and if there is any pain, I need to stop, but both the physical therapist and the chiropractor agree, by the way, that was yesterdays news. :D Very happy.

I have learned that exercise is serious Key to weight-loss, eating healthy is crucial and being true to yourself is an absolute necessity.

My band has been a true life saver. It is only a tool and if you try to cheat it, your are cheating yourself. Whether you paid out of pocket or was able to have insurance pay for it, I fully believe it is a gift of life. Who knows where my weight would have gone to, if not for this gift.

One last thing, I am me again. I don't hide myself. I love life!

Kristi

Kristi,

Congrats, you are so amazing and beautiful!

Watching your journey was just like watching a little butterfly coming out of its cocoon, your transformation has been fun to watch and participate in by reading your posts!

You are such an inspiration to us all - thank you for always being here for us! You always support in a positive way and share your successes to help others, you are so giving with your love and assistance!

All the best on the rest of your journey!

Lisa

Thank you Crazycoolbutterfly. :)

Lisa,

Let me tell you, you know the phrase, it takes one to know one. The reason, I am saying this is because when I first started on this forum, there were several people who totally inspired me. You have blown me away with all that you have accomplished. When I would be stressed over plateaus or down on myself, I would come here and read the messages that you, Shelby, Sabrina, Carrie, Angie would post to my threads and others. It really is amazing how far you can go when you have support, even when it is through the internet. And along the way, there were a few more that inspired me too like Debbie, Ashley, Robbyn and quite a few others, so if I forgot to include your name, sorry. When I went through the process and classes to become banded, they told me that a support group was a necessity and let me just say, it truly is. Thank you for being you.

Debbie, you are one of the people that has awe inspired me. When you came on here, you were a woman on a mission and Wow, Wow, Wow. You have really just taken the bull by the horns, or so to say, and with your hard work and determination, you have transformed yourself into this strong, athletic woman and one hot mama. By the way, I would love to see a new pic of you, your last one was last year. :)

I absolutely love this forum and thank all of you for being my inspirations.

(PS, I finally remembered how to update my pic so I added an updated picture that was taken last weekend.)

Hugs,

Kristi

Thank you Crazycoolbutterfly. :)

Lisa,

Let me tell you, you know the phrase, it takes one to know one. The reason, I am saying this is because when I first started on this forum, there were several people who totally inspired me. You have blown me away with all that you have accomplished. When I would be stressed over plateaus or down on myself, I would come here and read the messages that you, Shelby, Sabrina, Carrie, Angie would post to my threads and others. It really is amazing how far you can go when you have support, even when it is through the internet. And along the way, there were a few more that inspired me too like Debbie, Ashley, Robbyn and quite a few others, so if I forgot to include your name, sorry. When I went through the process and classes to become banded, they told me that a support group was a necessity and let me just say, it truly is. Thank you for being you.

Debbie, you are one of the people that has awe inspired me. When you came on here, you were a woman on a mission and Wow, Wow, Wow. You have really just taken the bull by the horns, or so to say, and with your hard work and determination, you have transformed yourself into this strong, athletic woman and one hot mama. By the way, I would love to see a new pic of you, your last one was last year. :)

I absolutely love this forum and thank all of you for being my inspirations.

(PS, I finally remembered how to update my pic so I added an updated picture that was taken last weekend.)

Hugs,

Kristi

I am truly happy for all of your successes. Personally, I have stopped coming to this forum for a while because those of you who have lost 100+ pounds are the only ones posting. Is anyone else out there struggling? I have found the whole process of lap band surgery in Mexico to be one LONG, HARD journey. Nothing about it is easy. I didn't get to be obese because I was healthy emotionally. I am still the same person as I was before surgery with the same issues and addiction to food. There are no follow ups or care for how one is doing psychologically. Some of us aren't strong enough to "take the bull by the horns". If I understood how to utilize hard work and determination within me, every diet I ever tried would have worked. I don't know of any support groups. I have no family members or friends who are overweight and I am just out here drowning alone. It has been 10 months since lap band surgery and I have lost 55 lbs. I have about 88 lbs to go still. My knees are killing me so excercise is hard and painful. After how much weight loss were you able to excercise Kristi?

I am truly happy for all of your successes. Personally, I have stopped coming to this forum for a while because those of you who have lost 100+ pounds are the only ones posting. Is anyone else out there struggling? I have found the whole process of lap band surgery in Mexico to be one LONG, HARD journey. Nothing about it is easy. I didn't get to be obese because I was healthy emotionally. I am still the same person as I was before surgery with the same issues and addiction to food. There are no follow ups or care for how one is doing psychologically. Some of us aren't strong enough to "take the bull by the horns". If I understood how to utilize hard work and determination within me, every diet I ever tried would have worked. I don't know of any support groups. I have no family members or friends who are overweight and I am just out here drowning alone. It has been 10 months since lap band surgery and I have lost 55 lbs. I have about 88 lbs to go still. My knees are killing me so excercise is hard and painful. After how much weight loss were you able to excercise Kristi?

Loves Maui... 55 pounds in ten months is AMAZING. It's taken me two and a half years to lose my 100 and, believe me, I still have food issues too. One day at a time, it is not a race. You WILL get there and if you can't find a support group, use this as your support group. Good luck.

Sabrina:)

ps- Kristi YOU ROCK!!!!