Bandsters in Florida

I was just wondering if there are any bandsters out there in Florida. I met some great people when I was in TJ, but it would be nice if there were someone around that we could occasionally get together for support and maybe socialize with someone that understands what we are dealing with. It would be very cool to be able to get together.

><'

I was just wondering if there are any bandsters out there in Florida. I met some great people when I was in TJ, but it would be nice if there were someone around that we could occasionally get together for support and maybe socialize with someone that understands what we are dealing with. It would be very cool to be able to get together.

Hi , My name is Elaine and I was banded on Oct. 24th 2006, I am from Pompano beach, Fl. right near Ft. Lauderdale. Where is Edgewater? You can let me know by the lapbandforum I guess . My email is thegreens33069@bellsouth.net. So anytime, just email me I'll get back with you as soon as I can. Good luck with your lapband. I am doing pretty good. Will have my first fill on Jan 8

hello, i live in bradenton,fl and had my surgery on 8/11/06 it would be great to talk with people from florida.i'm not sure where edgewater is?? but it would be great to talk with anyone from florida .my e-mail is sherrylynn_34203@yahoo.com.goodluck everyone.

slm

Well Hello ><'

I am VERY new to forum because I am scheduled to be banded Feb 9th 2007, (actually just made the appointment today). I live in Boca Raton, Fl. and work in Pompano Beach. So, Hello to all in FLORIDA and all the people that wrote encouraging words in the forum. Without all of the great people out there writing there supportive words I don't know if I could have made the decision. I hope it is one of the best decisions I made but only time will tell. So far Lori and Carolyn and been great asnswering any question I had, as it gets closer I will probably have more.

Sand Pirate :ph34r:

Hi Barb~

I'm in the Cape Coral/Ft. Myers area. I was banded on the first and just missed you in TJ. Actually, I think that we have the same fill date and are sharing a ride from San Diego--Jan 13th. Is that you?

Hey Woman hows Florida??? I dont know why but my emails wont go back to you? Kim did send me the one you replied to. I am doing really well. I just hope everything stays the same and I keep loosing. I am a bit sore from the incision of the port and the muscle hurts, but thats about it. Keep in touch. Melanie

Hey Woman hows Florida??? I dont know why but my emails wont go back to you? Kim did send me the one you replied to. I am doing really well. I just hope everything stays the same and I keep loosing. I am a bit sore from the incision of the port and the muscle hurts, but thats about it. Keep in touch. Melanie

Hi sweetie, I don't know what's up with our email, but try my work address barbara@myworldmortgage.com maybe that one will work. I'm feeling really good and so far I'm losing, of course I want it to go faster, but that's me - I want that instant gratification. Say hi to Rob for me.

Hi Barb~

I'm in the Cape Coral/Ft. Myers area. I was banded on the first and just missed you in TJ. Actually, I think that we have the same fill date and are sharing a ride from San Diego--Jan 13th. Is that you?

Wow- everyone is down south. I'm about 25 miles south of Daytona Beach. Yes that is me on the 13th so I'll see you then. I was just down in the Ft. Myers area for work a few weeks ago, I end up all over the place so next time I'll have to get in touch before. It would be nice to have a break before the drive back. It's about 4 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow- everyone is down south. I'm about 25 miles south of Daytona Beach. Yes that is me on the 13th so I'll see you then. I was just down in the Ft. Myers area for work a few weeks ago, I end up all over the place so next time I'll have to get in touch before. It would be nice to have a break before the drive back. It's about 4 hours.

I am a little late into this conversation but I am from Enterprise, Florida. I was banded on 11-17-06. I believe that I am ready for a fill soon. Is everyone going back to TJ for a fill or is there somewhere in Florida that any of you know of?

I am a little late into this conversation but I am from Enterprise, Florida. I was banded on 11-17-06. I believe that I am ready for a fill soon. Is everyone going back to TJ for a fill or is there somewhere in Florida that any of you know of?

I'm going to to TJ on the 13th of January. Got a pretty good fare out of Orlando. After that I will probably go to Fill Centers USA. There are I think 5 in Florida, but the closest to me is Tampa/St. Pete. Still about a 4 hour drive, but I can't do those round trips too often - too old for a 25 hour day, plus the driving time to and from the airport, so closer to 28.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Jan and I live in Land o'lakes, Fl., just north of Tampa. I was banded on Nov. 17,06 and have lost 18 lbs so far. I'd love to get togther with other bandsters. Let's plan something!

jan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm going to to TJ on the 13th of January. Got a pretty good fare out of Orlando. After that I will probably go to Fill Centers USA. There are I think 5 in Florida, but the closest to me is Tampa/St. Pete. Still about a 4 hour drive, but I can't do those round trips too often - too old for a 25 hour day, plus the driving time to and from the airport, so closer to 28.

Yeah LOL FL!!! I'm in Wesley Chapel!!! Right behind the Super Target on BBD!!!! ooops...nevermind wrong person!!! but were still pretty close...LOL

Hi,

My name is Jan and I live in Land o'lakes, Fl., just north of Tampa. I was banded on Nov. 17,06 and have lost 18 lbs so far. I'd love to get togther with other bandsters. Let's plan something!

jan

oooppps...I sent this same message to the wrong person... she's probbably thing "what the..." anyway I am from Wesley Chapel,FL!!! (right behind the Super Target on BBD!!! we're neighbors!!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I live in Orlando and will be getting banded on 2/20/07.

:-h

Hi,

I'm Kathy and scheduled to be banded on 04/27. I am one of the first four to be banded at ORMC. Where are you located in Orlando? How much have you lost so far? Maybe we can get together for coffee and talk.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Kathy

Hi,

I'm Kathy and scheduled to be banded on 04/27. I am one of the first four to be banded at ORMC. Where are you located in Orlando? How much have you lost so far? Maybe we can get together for coffee and talk.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Kathy

Hey Everyone!

I'm Kelly C. I will be banded on April 26th. I live in St. Petersburg! We all need to stay in touch! I hope to see more of everyone here! Take care.

Kelly C.

To be banded 4/26/07

Weight now 241

I started my Per-Op Diet today! (4/1/07)

Hey Everyone!

I'm Kelly C. I will be banded on April 26th. I live in St. Petersburg! We all need to stay in touch! I hope to see more of everyone here! Take care.

Kelly C.

To be banded 4/26/07

Weight now 241

I started my Per-Op Diet today! (4/1/07)

Hi Kelly,

Yes, most definitely, we need to stay in touch. You're one day before me. What is your preop diet like? I went on Goggle and did a search for Profect protein drinks. Have you heard of or has anyone heard of it?

This is wonderful, I live in Sarasota Florida

I went on Goggle and did a search for Profect protein drinks. Have you heard of or has anyone heard of it?

Never heard of Profect protein drinks, but I recently bought a few samples of Unjury. All I can say is wow. Even the chicken broth protein mix (as horrible and strange as it may sound) tastes great. I would recommend them. (All expect the strawberry one, as I have not yet sampled this flavor.)

hi all

surgery is scheduled april 25 with Dr. Ortiz in TJ.......i'. excited and scared at the same time and would love to talk with some of you.....white dove..looks like we are neighbors...i'm down near venice..........i'd love to get together and visit.........loretta

Hello everyone.

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz this past Thursday (4/5). After making the long trip back home, I've decided I won't be able to telerate the trips back to TJ for fills. Where is everyone else getting their fills? I'm in Orlando. I would love to meet any local bandsters for support, or even have a fill get together, lol!