March Surgery Patients

They do not keep a tube in your throat they use what is called a laryngeal mask. I will be there on the 15th as well in the AM don't be nervous if you wahnt you may e-mail me at any time

I've heard people say they woke up with a tube in. Well anyways I don't want to choke or gag on anything. Thanks for the response.

Stacy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the surgery done today! Everyone is awesome here. They treat you like royalty. The procedure was fast and was walking an 1 after the surgery. Been walking still and there is an area for patients to have access to internet and that's where I'm writing from. So don't be worried about the procedure that you will soon realize that it was a sinch.

Erica

can someone explain what tube they are putting in???

also does he use catheter during the surgery??????

There is usually a endotracheal tube that is placed in your throat to access your airway to deliver anesthesia. I spoke with Dr.Ortiz and he told me that they are using a laryngeal mask now. It is easier and is used for short cases, The lap band has now become a short case(time under anesthesia). It still is a small tube but comes out immediately as you become responsive.

There is usually a endotracheal tube that is placed in your throat to access your airway to deliver anesthesia. I spoke with Dr.Ortiz and he told me that they are using a laryngeal mask now. It is easier and is used for short cases, The lap band has now become a short case(time under anesthesia). It still is a small tube but comes out immediately as you become responsive.

Thank god! I'm so glad we can get good info on sites likes these. Thank you.

As the day approaches, is anyone else getting that feeling that you need to eat things that you will never be able to again? It's kind of silly but the feeling is still there

Most definatey! But the weird thing is, as I eat some of these things, I am not really enoying them. My surgery is scheduled for Mon 3/12 and I am going out to dinner tonight to eat a few of the forbidden foods that i grew up on like macaroni.

Most definatey! But the weird thing is, as I eat some of these things, I am not really enoying them. My surgery is scheduled for Mon 3/12 and I am going out to dinner tonight to eat a few of the forbidden foods that i grew up on like macaroni.

What about the pre-op diet? I'm just kidding of course because I know where you are coming from. I've been trying the diet and did real good for the first two weeks, now I just want sushi, sushi, sushi. I lost 15lbs but not any this past week. Oh well.

Stacy

Stacy-

I guess I will see you in Tijuana on the 12th as I too will be getting surgery that day. I do understand the need to splurge one last time, but am so worried about losing the 5% of my body weight that I have been religious on the pre-op diet. I don't want to get there and they tell me to go home because I did not lose enough. I don't ever remember my stomach growling and hurting at the same time.

The emotional component is the worst. I feel like I am losing a friend.....Dairy Queen ice cream, McDonald's, steaks...oh you know. They have been with me during all my emotionally stressing times. I am sad to see them leave me, but hope that I can replace them with the healthier me, and perhaps even enjoy hiking, swimming (and a swim suit) without being ashamed. I am looking forward to my new life!

Melissa

Stacy-

I guess I will see you in Tijuana on the 12th as I too will be getting surgery that day. I do understand the need to splurge one last time, but am so worried about losing the 5% of my body weight that I have been religious on the pre-op diet. I don't want to get there and they tell me to go home because I did not lose enough. I don't ever remember my stomach growling and hurting at the same time.

The emotional component is the worst. I feel like I am losing a friend.....Dairy Queen ice cream, McDonald's, steaks...oh you know. They have been with me during all my emotionally stressing times. I am sad to see them leave me, but hope that I can replace them with the healthier me, and perhaps even enjoy hiking, swimming (and a swim suit) without being ashamed. I am looking forward to my new life!

Melissa

I am so afraid that they are going to tell me I have to postpone my surgery because I didn't lose enough weight. Since Feb.16th I've lost 15lbs but they want more. If someone has been turned down because of this please tell me your experience. Good luck!

Stacy

I am so afraid that they are going to tell me I have to postpone my surgery because I didn't lose enough weight. Since Feb.16th I've lost 15lbs but they want more. If someone has been turned down because of this please tell me your experience. Good luck!

Stacy

Have you talked to Dr. Miranda? That's probably the best place to start. I lost 6 pounds according to my Dr's scale (was supposed to lose 10) but since MY scale said 200, I told them 200 - Dr's scale said 206. When I got there, I was 200 so it looked like I hadn't lost anything even though I'd be damned near starving myself with protein shakes!!

Have you talked to Dr. Miranda? That's probably the best place to start. I lost 6 pounds according to my Dr's scale (was supposed to lose 10) but since MY scale said 200, I told them 200 - Dr's scale said 206. When I got there, I was 200 so it looked like I hadn't lost anything even though I'd be damned near starving myself with protein shakes!!

But you had the surgery anyways? Well I weigh a lot more than that. I'm at 303.

But you had the surgery anyways? Well I weigh a lot more than that. I'm at 303.

Yes - I HAD lost weight and I when I explained it her, she understood. Just give her a call and tell her the situation - she's can tell you if it's OK, if you need to lose more, what steps you can take to lose more, etc. She's great :)

Hello everyone, I will have my surgery on the 19th. I have been praying for this day to come soon and here it is, one more week. =D> I have approximately 95 lbs to lose. So far doing ok on the pre-op but I do agree that this liquid diet suck :unsure: . Good luck to all of you. I am glad to hear that they have the internet there to contact the family :rolleyes:

God Bless all of you on this journey :-h :-h :-h

Sally

Stacy

Stacy and Ginger-

It is our big day!!! I will be there today for pre-op stuff, guess I will meet you then. Surgery tomorrow...(gulp!). I am nervous now.

Melissa

Hi March 16th for me 4 days and counting. Anybody else for that day

Hi all-

I am one day post-op!!! Walking arough drinking my liquids and trying to expell my gas..... I am uncomfortable but not in pain. Hope the rest of this is as easy as this!!

Hi March 16th for me 4 days and counting. Anybody else for that day

I'll be there on March 16th too. I'm getting a little anxious these last couple of days. I don't know why, but I think it's cause I'm worried I'll have to reschedule if I don't lose enough weight by Friday. Oh well...I can only do what I can do. I think I'm going to switch to 3 shakes a day though instead of the 2 shakes + Lean Cuisine. See you Friday, either way. :-D

I'll be there on March 16th too. I'm getting a little anxious these last couple of days. I don't know why, but I think it's cause I'm worried I'll have to reschedule if I don't lose enough weight by Friday. Oh well...I can only do what I can do. I think I'm going to switch to 3 shakes a day though instead of the 2 shakes + Lean Cuisine. See you Friday, either way. :-D

Do the best that you can. If we could control our weight we wouldn't need the surgery. So I'll see you there. Think positive