March Surgery Patients

Hello everyone, I will have my surgery on the 19th. I have been praying for this day to come soon and here it is, one more week. =D> I have approximately 95 lbs to lose. So far doing ok on the pre-op but I do agree that this liquid diet suck :unsure: . Good luck to all of you. I am glad to hear that they have the internet there to contact the family :rolleyes:

God Bless all of you on this journey :-h :-h :-h

Sally

Hi-

Just wanted all to know that working with Dr. Ortiz was a freat experience. Everyone was very accommodating and kind. You mett all the staff from the drivers to the surgeon and everyone in between. They all made time to stop and talk and explain. It was great. The surgery itself went smoothly, my worst vomplaint is that I still feel a little nauseous-1 day post-op. Pain not bad, but they medicate you with Fentanyl and TRamadol.....the hardest is to walk, walk, walk. It helps gets the gas out. The other patients that arrived were supportive of eachother and looked out after one another. Good place to be!!

I did it,

Melissa

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi-

Just wanted all to know that working with Dr. Ortiz was a freat experience. Everyone was very accommodating and kind. You mett all the staff from the drivers to the surgeon and everyone in between. They all made time to stop and talk and explain. It was great. The surgery itself went smoothly, my worst vomplaint is that I still feel a little nauseous-1 day post-op. Pain not bad, but they medicate you with Fentanyl and TRamadol.....the hardest is to walk, walk, walk. It helps gets the gas out. The other patients that arrived were supportive of eachother and looked out after one another. Good place to be!!

I did it,

Melissa

Thanks for the message It reduces the anxiety level just a bit

Hi-

I did it,

Melissa

Way to go Melissa! =D> Congrats! Thanks for sharing your experience. I wrote you before and never heard back about where you are in Oregon. I am in Portland. I would like to know about your whole experience from the flight there, the airport, going over the border and what day you got there, etc. When you are totally up to it of course. I hope to be where you are in the next couple months. :-)

Thanks,

Judy

Hi Marsha I am scheduled for Mar.16 I live in Indio How is your diet going I have lost 8 and will need another 7 in 1 week probably will do the 3 shakes daily

I am getting really scared, not so much about the surgery but the fills. I don't do well with needles. A blood test and an IV I can handle but a needle in my stomach. Scares me just to think about it. I thought mabe you being a PA you could ease my mind a bit on this. Down 6 lbs and 6 to go before next week.

I am getting really scared, not so much about the surgery but the fills. I don't do well with needles. A blood test and an IV I can handle but a needle in my stomach. Scares me just to think about it. I thought mabe you being a PA you could ease my mind a bit on this. Down 6 lbs and 6 to go before next week.

they inject into the port which is brought up right below the surface of the skin. Probably hurts as much as a tb test. Not to worry just think of the new you and how much healthier and better you will feel

I was banded March 1st.

Had some problems with vommitting for a few days.

Went back to the emergency room and finally they were able to stop the vommitting did xrays and all is fine.

Unsure of reason I was vommitting.

But that has passed and all is fine.

Loving it.

Hi-

I did it,

Melissa

Hi Melissa, thank you for sharing with us your experience with occ. I am sooooo excited and ready for this journey to start. I am glad for this thread to be able to share with one another ><' ><' ><'

Good luck and I will keep you up to date after my surgery on the 19th.

I have scheduled surgery for March 23rd! I am flying in from Houston on 3/22. Anyone else coming in on that day?

Hi Tara

I am having surgery on the 22nd. I should be back at the hotel on the 23rd. Maybe we will run into each other.

Marsha

Good evening everyone. Just had surgery approximately 4 hours ago. Felt a little pain but now it is just slight discomfort. Started walking. I am so impressed with not only the facility, but the staff as well. Dr. Ortiz had a little chat this morning, laughing and joking. He is a special person. All in all this was as pleasant experience as one could have for a surgical experience. Keep you up to date Mitch

Hi-

I did it,

Melissa

Melissa,

Where in Oregon are you from? I am in the Portland area.

Valerie

Buenas noches. Just had surgery this morning with Dr Ortiz. Not too much pain only a little discomfort. He is truley an amazing man!

Stacy

I am scheduled march 30th,just starting my preop diet , did you lose the 5 percent weight as recommended before surgery??How is the hunger pains ...do you have any ???Keep me posted

Thanks in advance and congradulations !!!!

Redrose

I am scheduled march 30th,just starting my preop diet , did you lose the 5 percent weight as recommended before surgery??How is the hunger pains ...do you have any ???Keep me posted

Thanks in advance and congradulations !!!!

Redrose

I did lose all the weight I was suppose to. It was not easy and I did do the best I could on the diet. I did cheat a few times. I love sushi and could not resist myself. I do feel hungry and I think it's all in my head. I'm bored and a little sore. So far I have had veggie broth, 2 popcicles and coffee. I missed not have a coffee for a couple of days. This surgery is a breeze and Dr. Ortiz is the sweetest and greatest guy. The other doctors are awesome too! Good luck!

Hi Valerie,

I am Portland also. When is your surgery? I am hoping to get money for my surgery with Dr. Ortiz from my 401k soon.

Judy

Hi Judy,

I was Banded on March 8th. Glad you decided to go with Dr. Ortiz. You will love it there. Let me know how it goes.

Valerie