March Surgery Patients

YEA!!! someone is going to be there the same time as me! look forward to meeting you! :)

Hopeful,

When are you arriving? I've been talking with Valerie also, and at least there are the three of us that will be having our procedure done on the same day! I can't wait to meet you both!

Kristy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Support & Coordinate with other March 2007 Patients here.

Hi, I am really excited for I have been struggling with my weight most of my life. I am scheduled to have the surgery on 19Mar, I am arriving on Sunday the 18Th of March. I would like to get in contact with anyone scheduled for their sugery the same day. Thank you.

Hi Everyone! I begin my new and improved life March 9th. It looks like I'll be crossing paths with Hopeful.

I am looking forward to meeting some folks from Arizona and other Lapbansters.

Hello Bubbles... I will be having my band done on March 8th... I also will be traveling alone and thankful to the others on here that I have "chatted" with, and can't wait to meet everyone! See you in TJ!!!

Kristy,

I look forward to meeting all the March 8th folks, I am not so sure we'll be crossing paths though. I arrive on the 8th and leave on the 11th, soooo maybe? Now are the any others scheduled for the 9th?

I just found out that I have family arriving from otta state the day I arrive home? Any ideas on how to explain my eating habits and possible pain?

I am going by myself as well. Trying to be a brave adult....

Bubs

Kristy,

I look forward to meeting all the March 8th folks, I am not so sure we'll be crossing paths though. I arrive on the 8th and leave on the 11th, soooo maybe? Now are the any others scheduled for the 9th?

I just found out that I have family arriving from otta state the day I arrive home? Any ideas on how to explain my eating habits and possible pain?

I am going by myself as well. Trying to be a brave adult....

Bubs

I arrive on March 7th, and will be leaving on the 10th... I'm sure we'll be crossing paths at some point, but who knows if we'll actually get a chance to meet one another??? LOL :) Good luck to you!

Kristy

I am scheduled on the 22nd of March. I haven't yet seen anyone else scheduled on that day. I'm starting to think about the pre-op diet. I dont' have to start it for a week or so, but I figured if I did a little work ahead of time, I might be able to avoid a couple of protein shakes ( yukky-poo). So I am on my pre-pre-op diet. It's the LOL diet (stands for lots of lettuce). I am going to have a hard time when I have to drink 2 protein drinks in 1 day.I have a hard time stomaching the Slim Fasts. Maybe I'll be so hungry, that they will seem wonderful. I keep vacillating between " I won't be able to eat much after surgery, so I should pack it in now" and " I better go on the pre-op diet early, so that I will lose the weight in time".I still have about 6 pounds to lose and 4 weeks to lose it. Anyone else thinking about this stuff?

Marsene

I am scheduled on the 22nd of March. I haven't yet seen anyone else scheduled on that day. I'm starting to think about the pre-op diet. I dont' have to start it for a week or so, but I figured if I did a little work ahead of time, I might be able to avoid a couple of protein shakes ( yukky-poo). So I am on my pre-pre-op diet. It's the LOL diet (stands for lots of lettuce). I am going to have a hard time when I have to drink 2 protein drinks in 1 day.I have a hard time stomaching the Slim Fasts. Maybe I'll be so hungry, that they will seem wonderful. I keep vacillating between " I won't be able to eat much after surgery, so I should pack it in now" and " I better go on the pre-op diet early, so that I will lose the weight in time".I still have about 6 pounds to lose and 4 weeks to lose it. Anyone else thinking about this stuff?

Marsene

I am on my pre-op diet. I have 15 more pounds to lose in 2 1/2 weeks. It's like hell. I am going to go on only protein shakes. For me there not that bad. I would like to be eating all the things I can't have anymore, but instead I'm dieting. i'm so excited though. Hopefully it will be worth it.

Stacy

I too am scheduled on March 8th. When are you arriving? I will arrive the evening or afternoon of the 7th. I am from the Portland, Oregon area. Where are you from?

Hi Valerie,

Good luck on your upcoming banding. I am in Portland, OR also, but my banding may never happen. I am in financial straits getting the money together, but I am so determined to have it done and only have it done with Dr. Ortiz.

How did you pay for yours if I may ask?

Take care,

Judy

// i am scheduled for surgery on march 8th!!! anyone else scheduled that day or close? //

I'm also scheduled for March 8th. I'm sure we'll probably meet in the hallway doing laps =))

Kathie

WOW!!! It looks like Valerie, Hopeful, Kathie and I are all scheduled the same day!!! It's getting closer, and I'm very anxious to have this done! I can't wait to meet you all there! I'm sure we'll all be great support for one another for a long time to come! Good luck to everyone on the preop, I know I've struggled with it myself this past week, yuck! LOL See you all in San Diego or Mexico!

Kristy

As the day approaches, is anyone else getting that feeling that you need to eat things that you will never be able to again? It's kind of silly but the feeling is still there

Hi, this is Cyndy. I am getting mine done at the end of March on the 26th!!!

Can't wait...a little anxious, but mostly excited.

And YES, I have been eating things I know I will want to avoid after the band. Mostly eating "out".

I am starting my preop diet early, this coming Monday. I want to make sure and lose that 5% body weight

they recommend, and I think it will go more smoothly transitioning by being able to eat something with substance

if I want it, in the next couple of weeks, rather then just being right into the liquid diet from food one day to the all

liquids the next.

Nice to meet you all, I hope to check in now and then and keep in touch. I am a nursing student and always busy busy with

school, but I'm online a lot too, so I plan to check in with you guys,

Take care and the best to everyone with your surgery and new lifestyle changes,

Cyndy in Oregon

I am scheduled for surgery on March 8th... I will be arrivin on March 7th, early morning... I can't wait to have this done... I'm sure I will be meeting Hopeful there, perhaps we can go out shopping or just walking together...

Hey Kristy,

Thanks for the ticker web address...I have it done,,Now how do I apply it here??

Under my controls somehow?? I'm going crazy trying to figure it out...Thanks

Cyndy

Hey Kristy,

Thanks for the ticker web address...I have it done,,Now how do I apply it here??

Cyndy

Cyndy,

I wish I could tell you, I've played around with it for a little bit too... I don't like it having the link there, I wanted the picture included in my posts... I was just following someone else's post that gave that website to go to... To put the link in, you just go to my controls, and then edit signature on the left side of the page (or something like that)... LOL Sorry, I wish I could be more help to you!

Kristy

I am scheduled for March 27, anyone else scheduled for that day? Good luck to all of you who are going before me. Please post and let us know how you are doing.

That's my birthday!!!! ><' I'm having my surgery on March 15, but im haing it here in the u.s.a. And i also feel like i need to eat everything now that i can before i get this surgery... :lol: but i guess thats normal :-h

Teri, Nice to meet you. I live on the West side. Litchfield Park Area. How are you doing with your band? I see there are quite a few AZ Bansters out there. Has anyone found a local (Phx Metro) fill Dr. ? I am planning to head back to TJ for my first fill in April, but wanted to get a backup plan together in case life takes over and I need a quick fill or unfill.

hi

I live in Goodyear andwill be banded on March 14th by Dr Ortiz

anyone else scheduled for march 14th??? #-o

Hey Kristy,

Cyndy

Cyndy,

Did you ever figure out the ticker thing? I set mine up but like you I don't know where to put it.

Thanks,

Valerie

Bubbles,

Wendy hall comes to Mesa AZ on the third Monday of each month. She charges 100 for a fill, you can go back to her within a week or so, if need be without an additional charge. Her info is posted on the AZ thread by Cyndi. She is great and has been banded herself. She does not use fluro though. Just the test with water swallow. That is all I am aware of, although, recently someone posted bariatric Dr.s from Tempe AZ on this website, I believe it was BSN user name. Any way, good luck.

About the tickers:

Since the website has been experiencing junk posts, and a lot of them, they have tightened up certain things here, one of which were the tickers from other sites. I miss them too.

Teri

WOW!!! It looks like Valerie, Hopeful, Kathie and I are all scheduled the same day!!! It's getting closer, and I'm very anxious to have this done! I can't wait to meet you all there! I'm sure we'll all be great support for one another for a long time to come! Good luck to everyone on the preop, I know I've struggled with it myself this past week, yuck! LOL See you all in San Diego or Mexico!

Kristy

Hey Kristy,

How are you doing on the preop diet? I needed to lose 11 lbs for preop and I am at 6 as of this morning. I wonder if they will cancel if you don't get all the way there. I hope not. Hope you are doing well.

Valerie

Hi Beata, we are practically neighbors. Welcome.

I leave on Thurs. Hopefully I'll get to meet all the March 8 patients, because it looks like I am the only one going in on the 9th. I am traveling solo and have scheduled a facial at Cosmed after my pre-op testing.

Goodluck to Kristi, Valerie, Hopeful and Cindy (I think) maybe we'll see each other at the OCC or the Hotel. I am getting very excited.

Teri, thank you for the infomation, I will travel for the first fill at the OCC and maybe have Wendy do the second and sequncial ones if needed.

Valerie, I don't think they would cancel your surgery for not loosing all your weight. Just do your best and I'm sure that will be fine. I have been having a devil of a time, with my pre-op diet. Hopefully they will weigh me n the morning, so the extra 5 lbs I gain during the day won't count.

Beata, stay in touch, maybe we can get together for support. Check out the AZ thread and introduce yourself over there.

Bubs

Hey Kristy,

How are you doing on the preop diet? I needed to lose 11 lbs for preop and I am at 6 as of this morning. I wonder if they will cancel if you don't get all the way there. I hope not. Hope you are doing well.

Valerie

I'm sure you'll be okay... Although, everyone is different... I had lost about 10 lbs. but mine goes up a pound or two every day or so... I had around 12 lbs. to lose... My biggest problem is staying hydrated... My massage therapist is always telling me I need to drink more water... I'm so anxious to board that plane! Nothing's going to stop us now... I hope that the OCC has some way of introducing us all either at the hospital or at the hotel... Good luck in your last day or two of preop dieting! See you there...

Kristy