March Surgery Patients

Hi Beata, we are practically neighbors. Welcome.

I leave on Thurs. Hopefully I'll get to meet all the March 8 patients, because it looks like I am the only one going in on the 9th. I am traveling solo and have scheduled a facial at Cosmed after my pre-op testing.

Goodluck to Kristi, Valerie, Hopeful and Cindy (I think) maybe we'll see each other at the OCC or the Hotel. I am getting very excited.

Teri, thank you for the infomation, I will travel for the first fill at the OCC and maybe have Wendy do the second and sequncial ones if needed.

Valerie, I don't think they would cancel your surgery for not loosing all your weight. Just do your best and I'm sure that will be fine. I have been having a devil of a time, with my pre-op diet. Hopefully they will weigh me n the morning, so the extra 5 lbs I gain during the day won't count.

Beata, stay in touch, maybe we can get together for support. Check out the AZ thread and introduce yourself over there.

Bubs

when is your surgery date????

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am scheduled on the 22nd of March. I haven't yet seen anyone else scheduled on that day. I'm starting to think about the pre-op diet. I dont' have to start it for a week or so, but I figured if I did a little work ahead of time, I might be able to avoid a couple of protein shakes ( yukky-poo). So I am on my pre-pre-op diet. It's the LOL diet (stands for lots of lettuce). I am going to have a hard time when I have to drink 2 protein drinks in 1 day.I have a hard time stomaching the Slim Fasts. Maybe I'll be so hungry, that they will seem wonderful. I keep vacillating between " I won't be able to eat much after surgery, so I should pack it in now" and " I better go on the pre-op diet early, so that I will lose the weight in time".I still have about 6 pounds to lose and 4 weeks to lose it. Anyone else thinking about this stuff?

Marsene

I am scheduled for March 22nd. I started my diet today, I live in Riverside Ca. I am 51 years old, female. I will be arriving on the 21st.

Marsha

I am ready for my band! I get it done on March 9th. I will be arriving tomorrow w/a friend. Then my parents will show up on Friday for support. I feel like I've waited too long for it. I can't wait! Wish you all well with your procedure!

I am scheduled on the 27th of March....WOOHOO!!!! I may be flying in by myself, but not sure yet. Anyone else???

Teri from Wshington State.

Teri,

This is Larissa, I am from Canada and I am scheduled for march 27, I will most likely be flying in by myself. I arrive at San Deigo at 608 pm on the 26th and You? Hope we can meet. Let me know.

Larissa

Over and done with :) A total breeze. Dr. Ortiz is perfection, the clinic superb, and his mother - wow, just wow! =D>

The plane ride back was interesting. I was passing gas like crazy (and no dog to blame it on). I went to the restroom MANY times but goodness knows what those poor people suffered through when I was asleep...... :rolleyes:

I am scheduled for March 22nd. I started my diet today, I live in Riverside Ca. I am 51 years old, female. I will be arriving on the 21st.

Marsha

Hi Marsha I am scheduled for Mar.16 I live in Indio How is your diet going I have lost 8 and will need another 7 in 1 week probably will do the 3 shakes daily

Over and done with :) A total breeze. Dr. Ortiz is perfection, the clinic superb, and his mother - wow, just wow! =D>

The plane ride back was interesting. I was passing gas like crazy (and no dog to blame it on). I went to the restroom MANY times but goodness knows what those poor people suffered through when I was asleep...... :rolleyes:

Hey FurEllie!

I have been waiting for your post!--Not that you have any clue who I am! I've just been following yours since you were so close to having surgery when I signed up here.

So, give us all the details!

I'm glad everything went well!

Heather

Hi Marsha I am scheduled for Mar.16 I live in Indio How is your diet going I have lost 8 and will need another 7 in 1 week probably will do the 3 shakes daily

I have been on the diet for 2 days, I am really hungary, hope it passes. Please let me know how your surgery goes. I am a little nervous. Are you parking at the border and taking the mexi coach over?

Marsha

I have been on the diet for 2 days, I am really hungary, hope it passes. Please let me know how your surgery goes. I am a little nervous. Are you parking at the border and taking the mexi coach over?

Marsha

yes i am i am also a bit nervous as I am in the medical field and reviewing dvd's of the procedure. In this case ignorance is bliss. I wish that I didn't know so much o

Hey FurEllie!

I have been waiting for your post!--Not that you have any clue who I am! I've just been following yours since you were so close to having surgery when I signed up here.

So, give us all the details!

I'm glad everything went well!

Heather

It was a breeze! I told my brother that 3 leg surgeries, a c-section and trip through a windshield probably prepared me for worse pain than I had with 5 little incisions, lol.

The staff is just incredible - not a bad apple in the bunch. Momma Ortiz is a joy. I could have stayed there a week just driving around with her and been quite entertained.

I'm gassy, but that's to be expected. Nothing's any more sore than if I scratched myself. When I first came to I felt like I'd been hit by a big bully, but since that was Dr. Ortiz, it was OK ;) Walk, walk, walk the day of surgery. It really does help get the gas out. Hunger is there and today I had my first 1/2 cup of pourable yoghurt. I'll probably have another one before the night is over.

I AM disappointed to find out the popsicicles I bought have Maldextrin (sp) in it as those give me gas (lesson to me: read labels first) and Dr. Miranda said "NO JELLO!" for 3 weeks and I bought a ton of it.

My house is being painted so a lot of stuff I bought when I came back is hidden somewhere in piles of stackings. When they are finished, I'm looking forward to some different broths and such, lol.

It was a breeze! I told my brother that 3 leg surgeries, a c-section and trip through a windshield probably prepared me for worse pain than I had with 5 little incisions, lol.

The staff is just incredible - not a bad apple in the bunch. Momma Ortiz is a joy. I could have stayed there a week just driving around with her and been quite entertained.

I'm gassy, but that's to be expected. Nothing's any more sore than if I scratched myself. When I first came to I felt like I'd been hit by a big bully, but since that was Dr. Ortiz, it was OK ;) Walk, walk, walk the day of surgery. It really does help get the gas out. Hunger is there and today I had my first 1/2 cup of pourable yoghurt. I'll probably have another one before the night is over.

I AM disappointed to find out the popsicicles I bought have Maldextrin (sp) in it as those give me gas (lesson to me: read labels first) and Dr. Miranda said "NO JELLO!" for 3 weeks and I bought a ton of it.

My house is being painted so a lot of stuff I bought when I came back is hidden somewhere in piles of stackings. When they are finished, I'm looking forward to some different broths and such, lol.

=D> Excellent! I'm really excited to have mine done, but I have my moments where I scared to death. I'll have to remember about the jello!

FurEllie...

I am being banded on Monday. How did your preop diet go? Did you lose any weight? I'm a little worried about that :unsure:

I am scheduled for that day too! I need another 7-10lbs also. I'm not worried though. See you there.

Stacy

FurEllie...

I am being banded on Monday. How did your preop diet go? Did you lose any weight? I'm a little worried about that :unsure:

I lost 6 pounds according to "real" scales. My Doctor weighed me at 206 and I was 199.9 ;) at OCC. I was 200 from home when I last gave my info so on paper, I didn't lose anything, even though I really did lose 6 pounds. If you stick to the liquid diet you really can't help but lost SOMETHING. Plus it gets you ready to deal with 3 weeks of liquids w/o gagging at the thought of another glass of tea or broth, lol (OK, I still want a pizza........)

yes i am i am also a bit nervous as I am in the medical field and reviewing dvd's of the procedure. In this case ignorance is bliss. I wish that I didn't know so much o

I don't want to see what they are going to do, what do you do in the medical field? I have been better today on my diet, not so hungry, have lost 2 lbs. If you get a chance email me after your surgery. juarez.marsha@gmail.com. I am really interested in how your surgery goes.

I don't want to see what they are going to do, what do you do in the medical field? I have been better today on my diet, not so hungry, have lost 2 lbs. If you get a chance email me after your surgery. juarez.marsha@gmail.com. I am really interested in how your surgery goes.

i am a PA and co- owner in a medical corporation. Will e-mail you from TJ

how is the pre-op diet going

I'm doing alright, but I slip here and there. One week to go! I will just do shakes for the whole week and see if I can lose anymore weight. I've been at 303 for about a week now. Since Feb. 16th I've lost 15lbs. I'm so excited. I am afraid of waking up with a tube in my throat though. When will you be coming into San Diego? I will be at the center on the 15th sometime in the morning. Hope to see you there.

Stacy

I'm doing alright, but I slip here and there. One week to go! I will just do shakes for the whole week and see if I can lose anymore weight. I've been at 303 for about a week now. Since Feb. 16th I've lost 15lbs. I'm so excited. I am afraid of waking up with a tube in my throat though. When will you be coming into San Diego? I will be at the center on the 15th sometime in the morning. Hope to see you there.

Stacy

They do not keep a tube in your throat they use what is called a laryngeal mask. I will be there on the 15th as well in the AM don't be nervous if you wahnt you may e-mail me at any time