Anyone Craving Salt?

I'm on day 15 of the post op diet and noticed that I have been craving salt. Dr. Ortiz told me that chocolate was my enemy and I wonder if he put a hex on me because I have no cravings for chocoloate but salt...........................

Ate some chips today and wanted to throw myself off a cliff. How could I?

Anyway, anyone else craving salt?

I am not craving anything really. I hope your salt craving goes away soon! ><'

I am not craving anything...I actually am still not hungry...but this is a silly thing I heard one time and yes I have done it before :wacko: Put some salt on your hand and lick/eat it....you save your self a lot of calories....of course you can always lick the salt off of a pringles as I heard someone had read in a post.....

I'm craving a few things (i.e. popcorn) but it's all just the mental thing because I LOVE TO EAT!!! Most of the time I'm not really hungry. I can't say I never am because every once in a while I'll get this incredible rumbles in my stomach followed by a gut-wrenching cramp. That must be hunger, right? Gosh... at my age, and years of eating just because I thought I was hungry, I'm not sure what hunger really is. How pathetic is that? :wacko:

Since my surgery, I've been cooking (and baking) some wonderful dinners for my boyfriend and kids. It really doesn't bother me at that I can't eat them (even when they tease me about it). I just enjoy the food experience of preparing it, cooking it and serving it and of course the compliments after (especially the compliments... :D ). It's been said on this forum that 'food is a love affair'. I still enjoy the romance involved in preparing it. :P

You're a brave woman Redhead!!!!

I'll compliment you all the time if you come stay with me and prepare great meals :)

I'm craving a few things (i.e. popcorn) but it's all just the mental thing because I LOVE TO EAT!!! Most of the time I'm not really hungry. I can't say I never am because every once in a while I'll get this incredible rumbles in my stomach followed by a gut-wrenching cramp. That must be hunger, right? Gosh... at my age, and years of eating just because I thought I was hungry, I'm not sure what hunger really is. How pathetic is that? :wacko:

Since my surgery, I've been cooking (and baking) some wonderful dinners for my boyfriend and kids. It really doesn't bother me at that I can't eat them (even when they tease me about it). I just enjoy the food experience of preparing it, cooking it and serving it and of course the compliments after (especially the compliments... :D ). It's been said on this forum that 'food is a love affair'. I still enjoy the romance involved in preparing it. :P

I'm on day 15 of the post op diet and noticed that I have been craving salt. Dr. Ortiz told me that chocolate was my enemy and I wonder if he put a hex on me because I have no cravings for chocoloate but salt...........................

Ate some chips today and wanted to throw myself off a cliff. How could I?

Anyway, anyone else craving salt?

I don't crave salty chips or anything like that, [inever was a chip eater] but I do use Morton Lite salt on my food now. I think it tastes the same, but half the salt.

Ramona,

Well you describe me exactly. I was a chocolate/sugar addict and very seldom did I eat chips.

I want chips!! :) Very interesting how our cravings are alike. Maybe Dr. Ortiz put a hex on you too - "Chocolate is your enemy!"

Fuuny, my craving used to be chocolate and sugar, but now it does seem to be salty crunchy things. For me, thats a good thing. I was to obssessed with chocolate and I am glad to get rid of that!

Remember that salt will cause water retention which will temporarily impact your weight, which could negatively affect your mood during that time.

That kept me out of the dill pickle jar this week.

Readhead,

I dont know if you remember seeing me but i got banded on 4-10. I was in the end corner room. I just wanted to say that I am so happy that i am not the only one that is getting those gut wrenching pains and the cramps. I have been talking to brooke and she says that she is still kinda not hungry! and i felt so horrible telling her that i hav been hungry and been getting those pains! I have not cheated and have no plan on doing so but it sux. I think that i am going to go get myfill as soon as possible! i live in San Diego so the travel part is not an issue for me.

Well thanks for posting this and I am glad that i am not the only one! Are you going to find a fill doc in Canada or are you going to fly back to TJ?

Thanks

Sara :lb13:

Ramona,

Well you describe me exactly. I was a chocolate/sugar addict and very seldom did I eat chips.

I want chips!! :) Very interesting how our cravings are alike. Maybe Dr. Ortiz put a hex on you too - "Chocolate is your enemy!"

Thats cool, I'll accept that hex, LOL!!

Readhead,

I dont know if you remember seeing me but i got banded on 4-10. I was in the end corner room. I just wanted to say that I am so happy that i am not the only one that is getting those gut wrenching pains and the cramps. I have been talking to brooke and she says that she is still kinda not hungry! and i felt so horrible telling her that i hav been hungry and been getting those pains! I have not cheated and have no plan on doing so but it sux. I think that i am going to go get myfill as soon as possible! i live in San Diego so the travel part is not an issue for me.

Well thanks for posting this and I am glad that i am not the only one! Are you going to find a fill doc in Canada or are you going to fly back to TJ?

Thanks

Sara :lb13:

Hi Sara,

I do remember you. I was up walking from 5am and paced that hallway between your room and mine about a hundred times.

I have definitely been having hunger pains. I keep wondering if they are just a head thing but sometimes they are crampingly painful.

I'm going back to TJ for a fill on May 29th.

Talk to you soon,

Denise

I confess, I am a chip licker :lb4: ! I wish I could tell you there was a magic cure, but there isn't. Just got to push your way through it. I still have the urge to lick the salt off of chips, sometimes I do. My family thinks this is hilarious :laugh1::laugh1:

Thanks Chip Licker eeeeer I mean Dontondan ;)

I confess, I am a chip licker :lb4: ! I wish I could tell you there was a magic cure, but there isn't. Just got to push your way through it. I still have the urge to lick the salt off of chips, sometimes I do. My family thinks this is hilarious :laugh1::laugh1:

I know what you mean. I have always craved salt, and it didn't go away. I'm not for sweets or cakes and stuff, but don't show me a bag of chips because I can't just eat one, I have to eat the whole bag! I also have had the hunger pains, still do. Of course it's only been 6 days, but I'm really hungry and I wake up in the middle of the night because of the stomach growling. I drink lots of fluids, but It's not helping. I guess only time and patience...... :unsure::wacko: :lb12:

I know what you mean. I have always craved salt, and it didn't go away. I'm not for sweets or cakes and stuff, but don't show me a bag of chips because I can't just eat one, I have to eat the whole bag! I also have had the hunger pains, still do. Of course it's only been 6 days, but I'm really hungry and I wake up in the middle of the night because of the stomach growling. I drink lots of fluids, but It's not helping. I guess only time and patience...... :unsure::wacko: :lb12:

You sound a lot like me, can pass on chocolate cake, but can't pass on the chips....I love them! Still do, and that is why I am now a chip-licker! It seems that nothing can replace the chips...but chips! Well, with your band you should be able to resist the whole bag now. A small snack bag is enough for me now if I really get the urge, but it is darned hard at times. I try not to buy them anymore, but there are times during the month (you know what I talk about) that I can't resist. Lick-Lick! :man_in_love::laugh3::diablo:

Cravings ... You might want to censor this post if you're not into graphic descriptions (of food). LOL

Last night I made dinner for my family. I'm only 12 days post-op so I made soup for myself. I love vegetables (along with just about ALL food really) but I LOVE salad and vegetables. Especially raw cucumbers, raw carrots, cherry tomatoes, raw cauliflower, mmmmmm.... any way... as I was peeling the firm English cucumbers and slicing them the smell was over powering. I wanted SO badly to eat them. But of all the things I had prepared for dinner, cucumbers are pretty hard and no matter how much you chew them, they'll still be hard. My craving was SO BAD though that I had to seriously fight it. The smell was WONDERFUL. I could picture myself putting them in my mouth... I wanted it so BAD. In fact at one point I had a firm thick slice in my fingers ready to pop into my mouth. LOL. I resisted but to tell you the truth, I even felt a little cranky that I couldn't have them. As I put them on the table my teen-age daughter tried to tempt me with chicken. I said no, I wanted the cucumbers. Knowing that I couldn't have them she proceeded to tell me how wonderful they were, so crunchie, so delicious.... Each bite she took seemed to echo in the kitchen. Yes, I may not be a salt licker... but I'm in love with a cucumber. :wacko:

If you want to taste a cucumber so bad why don't you throw a peeled one into a blender or juicer and drink that? Unlike you I hate vegetables, so to get my daily dose I juice 1 cucumber, 10 baby carrots and 3 stalks of celery and drink it in the morning, it doesn't taste that great (I do like the cucumber juice alone however) but it gives me a lot of the vitamins and minerals I need.