Bandit alone

Hi, everyone

Wanted to know If anyone is going to TJ on May 8 - May 11.

I'm going alone a need a friend or friends.

Charlotte

Sorry I won't be there til the 20th

Charlotte,

I'm not going to TJ again until May 16, but I wanted to reassure you that you don't need to prearrange your friends because once you arrive, you'll make many new friends. There should be at least 7 other people scheduled for surgery the day you are. There is no way possible you will not instantly bond with them. After all this is the first step of your new journey!

Also, the nurses will love you and take such good care of you :)

The hotel staff will look out for you and assist you as well.

EVERYONE is wonderful. The bandsters who you will meet will be so open - why not, you guys will be running around in a hospital gown with paper panties on :) Some will snore (me) and others will toot (them!) :)

So be confident, you have about 10 new friends out there just waiting to meet you :)

Hi, everyone

Charlotte

Charlotte,

Thanks, I feel so much better.

I'm not going to TJ again until May 16, but I wanted to reassure you that you don't need to prearrange your friends because once you arrive, you'll make many new friends. There should be at least 7 other people scheduled for surgery the day you are. There is no way possible you will not instantly bond with them. After all this is the first step of your new journey!

EVERYONE is wonderful. The bandsters who you will meet will be so open - why not, you guys will be running around in a hospital gown with paper panties on :) Some will snore (me) and others will toot (them!) :)

So be confident, you have about 10 new friends out there just waiting to meet you :)

Charlotte,

You are so right and I couldn't have said it better myself. You will be in great hands, no worries!!

Everyone is correct! I went by myself and enjoyed it. I had wonderful support from fellow bandsters and the OCC staff. I am going back for my first fill with a fellow bandster from surgery day...you will do great!

Anita, well look for our "LOUD" group...... there will be 4 bandsters (3 gals; 1 guy; and 1 husband (mine!))......

we'll look for you!!!

Bandgroupie... I am down on the 14th, surgery scheduled for 15th.. looking forward to meeting you..

Anita

Hi, everyone

Charlotte

Hi there!!

I'll be there May 6 - 9 and I'll be alone also. I'm really nervous, but I'm sure we will be OK - I should be back at the hotel on the 8th, so look for me

Hi, everyone

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte!

I arrive on the 8th and leave on the 11th as well. My mom and I will be there. Can't wait to meet you! You can hang out with us. :)

Alana

Hey MAY BANDSTERS! I will be arriving on May 29th and leaving June 1st! I have only talked to one other person having surgery on the 30th... Anyone else? :unsure: I am going by myself, too, and have been a little anxious about this because I have never been so far away from home by myself. I wish my mommy could come with me LOL! I am 25 yrs old and want my mom. How funny. :wacko: I am sure it will be fine - thank goodness for this forum, though, because otherwise I would have probably cancelled my surgery by now. I was SO nervous when I scheduled - I was just thinking 'oh my gosh, what have I gotten myself into? Is this the right choice' etc... and after reading this forum and everyone's AMAZING experiences, I KNOW without a single doubt, that this is the right thing for me. I am blessed to have found the OCC/Dr. O's website! I AM SO EXCITED for my surgery! 27 DAYS TO GO!

To all soon to be Bandsters.....

I went alone on 3-25 and had an awesome time! As soon as you walk into the waiting room at the OCC, you've met friends. ><' :lb16: As soon as I sat down, the introductions began! I was the first one called back that day, so my meeting and greeting was cut short, but we all chatted later too. I met a fellow bandster and her friend and went shopping with them the day after surgery. You won't be alone, there's no way! ;) Enjoy your trip, I know I did! Best wishes, Darlene