NSV Non scale victories!!!

Hi Guys

I think we should list our NSVs.

Although my scale is not really moving down, I have noticed I can now run up the stairs without thinking I'm going to die,

I can wear clothes from 3 yrs ago although not very fashionable THEY FIT!

Sex is definately more fun, and more often.

My children don't mind being seen in public with me LOL.

Nicolek

Sounds good to me since I am a little down regarding the scale...lol

I can work on my feet all day and not cry at night from pain

I can bend over the sink and do dishes and not end up with lower back pain

All bras hook on the last hook and I can pinch atleast 2 inches in the cup ( :lb1: )

I can pull my knees to my chest and I dont feel like passing out

I cant wait to add more!!!

I can do 45 minutes of aerobic exercise without dying!

I can shop for clothes at regular stores and regular departments.

People don't look at me with disgust if I am eating at a restaurant or give you the "look" if you are putting something in your mouth!

I can pass a mirror and have to look twice to make sure it is really me!

My teenage son wanting to "feel" my new buff and skinny legs!

NicoleK, it absolutely does and it is going to feel better the more we can do. Dontondan, I cant wait to buy clothes in a regular store...I'm actually calling on monday and canceling my credit cards for the fat stores...yippee!!!!!!!!!! Lora

Great thread Nicole K!!!

Congrats EVERYONE on your NSV's!!!

Mine are:

I can finally cross my legs for the first time EVER

I had to get spacers for all of my rings

I too can shop at the "regular" stores.. although I dont feel comfortable there yet

My shoes are no longer Wide Width and I went down 2.5 sizes

I actually get compliments on how good I look... and not the "Oh, you have such a pretty face" BS line

A "regular" towel fits all the way around me!!

><'

Amber

Hi

Did you hit your mom with the ring?

Nicolek

LOL no, but sometimes I wish... actually it just reiterated what I had been telling her about my weightloss... she just compares #'s between my sis and me. I lost36 and my sis has lost 59... so she thought I was a failure. not too great when one is feeling down...

Val

Sometimes I feel I haven't lost enough especially when i see how wonderful people are doing who were banded after me.

This is why I love the NSV's and I remember this is MY journey. I will lose my weight slowly and in my own time.

Is your sister banded ? Does she have a history of yoyoing. At least you know whatever has come off will not go back on.

You have done great. Keep going.

Nicolek

Val

Sometimes I feel I haven't lost enough especially when i see how wonderful people are doing who were banded after me.

This is why I love the NSV's and I remember this is MY journey. I will lose my weight slowly and in my own time.

Is your sister banded ? Does she have a history of yoyoing. At least you know whatever has come off will not go back on.

You have done great. Keep going.

Nicolek

My sister and I were banded the same day. She was always 20lbs heavier than me, but also quite a bit taller... anyways, I have gotten over that part, just hate the fact that I have no support from my husband or family. that is why I came back here to the forum...

Hi Val

My hubbie says I'm addicted to this forum, however its the only place people really understand.

All my friends and hubbie are really supportive and one is considering lapband after seeing my results.

However they are fed up hearing about it.

The only negative feedback I have had was from my 15yr old daughter who is really active. She said

I should of spent the money on gym,etc ( she was just mad I didn't spend it on her).

Stay strong you've done fab!

Nicolek

My first significant nsv was on the way to TJ this past Tuesday. I sat down, already feeling anxious because I was going to have to ask for the seat belt extension, and the belt fit and snapped right into place. Not only that, but there was about 3 inches of slack.

I did the happy dance in my seat.

• 2 weeks later...

I love when we post NSV!! It can get discouraging, for me, when we only talk about/ compare how many lbs we've lost. I need to remember that our bodies are changing dimensions and it's not always reflected ont the scale.

MY NSV

my BF thought I weighed 220-225... when I told him I was currently at 254 down from 288-290 he was like DAMN!!

It really was difficult for me to weigh myself in front of him and have him actually LOOK/READ the numbers on the scale but at the same time it was strangely liberating because I was like... I will never see these numbers again!

I guess it is kind of a SCALE victory but it wasn't about the weight lost it was about letting someone close to me in on my battle, which for me is huge :)

It really was difficult for me to weigh myself in front of him and have him actually LOOK/READ the numbers on the scale but at the same time it was strangely liberating because I was like... I will never see these numbers again!

I guess it is kind of a SCALE victory but it wasn't about the weight lost it was about letting someone close to me in on my battle, which for me is huge :)

I had never told my husband my weight. I finally was able to open up and be honest about it with him. I know what you mean about being liberated to do that.

My sister and I were banded the same day. She was always 20lbs heavier than me, but also quite a bit taller... anyways, I have gotten over that part, just hate the fact that I have no support from my husband or family. that is why I came back here to the forum...

We are here for ya! =D> :lb18:

Great job ladies! a NSV for me, was when someone else noticed I'm losing weight. I can't see the difference, even though i should by now, I just don't see a difference? over the weekend my mom came and visited (since mother's day) and noticed that I AM losing weight. I guess it's just reassurance? Still felt good :D

PS. she doesnt know i had surgery...actually no one els knows -except my husband and my best friend.

Hmm, NSV's --

1. I can do my own pedicure without straining and grunting.
    I no longer lay on the couch I sit up.
    My body feels great!
    My underwear are too big.
    I ran up the stairs last night instead of huffing my way up.
    My feet have stopped hurting.
    Dizziness, tingling in hands and feet have stopped.
    My blood pressure is regulating without meds.
    I can look in a mirror without total disgust and self loathing.
    I wear a seatbelt now and I don't feel like I'm tied up, constricted and strangling.
    I can walk into the grocery store where the fresh bread is baking and I no longer drool!
    That permanent line in my belly from wearing constricting tracks, jeans and underwear is FINALLY gone!
    I can wear shorts for the first time in years.
    I no longer go out in baggy clothes, a sweater over them and a jacket over that. I went out with just a loose fitting tank on and didn't cringe.
    I smile more!

Being able to bypass the "Big Girl" stores!

Shopping with my friends (who are all skinny minnies) and being able to actually buy something other than shoes, perfume, and purses.

Being able to set my son on my "hip" and not have him slide off

Sitting indian-style on the floor and not getting leg cramps

I have a great NSV.... I was in my hometown a couple of weeks back and ran into a old flame. I was dressed up for a family function and looked smokin' ;) I walked up to him to say hello and he didn't even know who I was.....after I took my sunglasses off and told him who I was his jaw just dropped!! It was so cool! He couldn't stop looking down... :girl_dance:

Also getting into a size 14/16 dress......yeah baby!

Side note...I am so glad that I didn't end up with him, he looked so freaken old, shorter then I remember and just so not for me. Thank God for unanswered prayers....