Back from TJ!

Well, I'm back and I'm banded. I thought I'd give a blurb of my visit as I was always so interested to see people's perceptions prior to going.

I got to TJ on the 8th and waited about a half an hour for the driver at the airport. He was very sweet and very nice and helped me at the Lucerne to ensure I had no difficulty with my room. (Don't forget to tip!)

The first night was unproductive. I didn't eat or do much of anything as I got in fairly late to the hotel, tenish. Had the front desk send me a wake up call for six the next morning which they did right on the dot! Grabbed a shower and down the lobby I went at seven and to my surprise there were quite a few people already waiting. The van had already taken the first load over to OCC.

We arrived at OCC, a very clean, very nice facility and everybody chatted, shared stories and shared knowledge. What a great bunch of people to be banded with! One by one we went in to see Dr. Miranda for a quick five minute chat, off to bloodwork and heart, another quick five minutes, back to the lobby and then off to our rooms to wait for about two or so hours. Rooms are clean, digital TV helped time pass and the nurse was exceptional! What a sweetie she is!

Dr. So stopped by for a chat, I'm guessing just to make sure any nervousness was set aside. I wasn't at all nervous strangely! You'll love him! Mrs. O came by and cracked a couple of jokes, she's also a sweetie! What a lively woman! Nurse popped in for some sublingual Ativan, watched some more TV, put on my surg sox and waited some more. Dr. O came in, remembered he had to make a phone call and left again. When he returned and I was appropriately stoned he chatted distractly (he was watching TV) for less than five minutes, told me he was updating his book, got annoyed with the term "bandster hell" (so don't use it, he really doesn't like it) and was gone. That was the last time I saw him. I'm not even sure who did the surgery frankly.

Into the surgery I went, within seconds I was out like a light, woke up and I was banded. It did feel to me like a production line and I didn't come away with anything that I hadn't read prior to going in. It pays to do some homework I think 'cause my needs appeared to be very low maintenance.

It really is imperative that you walk when you wake to get rid of that gas. I roamed around and finally slept comfortably. Next day off to the Lucerne, still didn't see Dr. O but Dr. So stopped by and chatted for a few secs before I left. Walked around Lucerne, inhaled about two boxes of Gas X (didn't help). Next morning I sat in the lobby waiting for the driver to go back to the airport but he was about an hour and a half late. Yup, I was stressing about missing my plane but fortunately I didn't and I got home safely! I walked around the airport to walk out the rest of the gas and the flight home was comfortable. I only took one of the pain pills they gave me and that was prior to leaving the hotel. I drank a lot of water without issue and a G2 or Gatorade Light for electrolytes. Today I had some beef broth hubby made for me.

My stitch sites are tender but not sore, I can't feel the port but I know it's there and I've had minimum problems or issues that I can tell. I haven't been the remotest bit hungry, haven't felt the need to smoke and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I'm sleeping in my normal position, left side without any problem. Most of the gas is now gone, (I get rumbles) my shoulder doesn't hurt and I can't wait 'til I can have my first bath. Even with two showers I haven't been able to get rid of the iodine they used and I'm afraid to scrub so it's a slow go. I gotta tell you it was weird prying my breasts off my ribcage, what a creepy feeling that was! I guess the iodine dried and they just stuck!

I hope all my other fellow bandsters are doing well and it was a pleasure meeting you all. I'm off to the shower AGAIN to see if I can get rid of some more iodine!

I had to laugh about the iodine sticking your boobs to your tummy.....I forgot about that little tidbit!!! The joys of having breasts! Tee-Hee!

I was banded on the 9th and I did think about you and wonder how you fared out in Toronto! Hope this finds you well!

Thanks Jann, doing better everyday...still have some pain at the port site and of course the nasty gas, but I am on the mend.

How about you?

Cathy

Jann, it was so nice to finally meet you in person. I'm so happy you was there. And so happy everything went well for you. And I totaly relate to the boob sticking thing. were in bandland now.......

Jann, it was so nice to finally meet you in person. I'm so happy you was there. And so happy everything went well for you. And I totaly relate to the boob sticking thing. were in bandland now.......

Thanks for that! Yeah, that boob think was kinda freaky for sure! That must have been industrial strength iodine! hehe