3rd fill finally losing, now my port is leaking???

Hello All,

I have been wanting to post but couldn't get on my internet (and forgot my user name) Well Anyways!!

I finally went for my 3rd fill on 6-6 The week was awesome!!! For the first time I felt like, ohhh my, this is going to finally work ---- yea!!! I dropped 6 lbs this week and am finally under 200!!!! Yea!! Well This week, I noticed I could start to eat a little more and started to get nervous. I could eat very very little - and was loving life!!! :)

Dr. Soh said I only had 2cc's in me and I was suppose to have 2.6, so I called him today made a app. with him on monday to get my port checked out, and said I could have it replaced if it was leaking. So after that I talked to the girl at the front and asked if they were going to charge me? She said yes and she would have renee call me....(still waiting).. I have only had Occ give my fills... Has anyone had this happen and seriously should I have to pay to have it replaced?? I don't want to be a brat, or say anything negitive but I'm stressing a little about this!! Help If You can!! :)

God Bless,

Donna

I am newly banded so can't really comment on port issues yet, but if the port is faulty or was damaged by a fill at OCC, they should absorb the cost of replacement...it's not like you did something to it???

Let us know how things go.

Take care, Cathy

I had my port flip and they did not charge me to have it redone. I was told by another person who's port was leaking and she said she had to pay for it since it cost them to get the port, but...........she was not getting her fills at occ. I think I would ask them how it is possible for the port to get a leak if the fills have been done under fluro.

Donna, Does the OCC have you sign a disclaimer saying that there is always a risk fo puncturing the tubing or damaging the port? I had my fill at Fill Centers USA and I had to sign a disclaimer stating the risks and that if something like that happened the port would have to be replaced by a surgeon at my own costs. Hopefully, you did not have to sign one of these for the OCC. I agree with everyone else, it looks like if you had all of your fills at the OCC they would replace for free. Please keep us posted.

Wow.. I am not sure how your port could be leaking if you had it done at OCC. Could it be that you were just swollen from your 3rd fill, and after the swelling was gone, you have the restriction you are experiencing now?

I understand, but don't like, the charge for a leaky port, since they have to pay for the replacement port.

I am sad that you are having to go through this stress. Please keep us updated on what happens.

I would think that the port is still under warranty and there shouldn't be any cost for the part. I would go on the assumption that they will not charge you because they don't charge other people. If you are not happy with what Rene tells you call the doctor yourself.

Good luck

Hello All,

I have been wanting to post but couldn't get on my internet (and forgot my user name) Well Anyways!!

I finally went for my 3rd fill on 6-6 The week was awesome!!! For the first time I felt like, ohhh my, this is going to finally work ---- yea!!! I dropped 6 lbs this week and am finally under 200!!!! Yea!! Well This week, I noticed I could start to eat a little more and started to get nervous. I could eat very very little - and was loving life!!! :)

Dr. Soh said I only had 2cc's in me and I was suppose to have 2.6, so I called him today made a app. with him on monday to get my port checked out, and said I could have it replaced if it was leaking. So after that I talked to the girl at the front and asked if they were going to charge me? She said yes and she would have renee call me....(still waiting).. I have only had Occ give my fills... Has anyone had this happen and seriously should I have to pay to have it replaced?? I don't want to be a brat, or say anything negitive but I'm stressing a little about this!! Help If You can!! :)

God Bless,

Donna

How did you know the port was leaking? If I am reading this right, it looks like your appointment isn't until Monday?