Protein Bars

Hello All! I start solid food on Friday. I was think that I would have a protein bar for my breakfast from now on. Can anybody recommend ones that taste good and are really high in protein? If you can recommend a brand and flavor, do you know how much protein is in the one bar? Thanks for the help!

I eat Special K bars. They come in Strawberry, Double Chocolate, Chocolate & Peanut Butter. They all taste pretty good...at least I like them. They are 15 grams of protein and 190 calories each. They are meal bars.

Vicki

I like South Beach Diets bars. I don't eat them everyday, but I put them in my purse or backpack, so if I get hungry, I don't stop for fast food. Any flavor is good.

You are right.. I think these are wonderful, although I try not to replace real food with them. I use them for breakfast on some days, and I carry one with me incase I get caught out at lunch time.

Hello All! I start solid food on Friday. I was think that I would have a protein bar for my breakfast from now on. Can anybody recommend ones that taste good and are really high in protein? If you can recommend a brand and flavor, do you know how much protein is in the one bar? Thanks for the help!

The Luna bars are really good too. They have a pretty good protein content and are great when you just need a snack, or something like that. I eat one of those after the gym in the morning. I work out at 6:00 in the morning every day and when I am done I am STARVING. I read that having something with both protein and good quality carbs is good post workout recovery.

I also eat the special k meal bars. They are delicious!

I eat the premier nutrition Odyssey protein bar, chocolate peanut butter and the carmel nut. I ordered them off the web from the premier nutrition website, which someone else posted about their protein drink. They have 30g protein in a serving, but 330 calories too. They are DELISH!

I eat Zone Perfect bars- they are meal replacement bars so I generally eat them a few hours after morning coffee. I think they are 220 cal and 14 protein. I get the chocolate caramel and it's like having a snickers. I've found them just about everywhere, Walmart, Publix and Kroger. They also have snack size that are 80 cals- not sure of the protein amount though.

I eat Special K bars. They come in Strawberry, Double Chocolate, Chocolate & Peanut Butter. They all taste pretty good...at least I like them. They are 15 grams of protein and 190 calories each. They are meal bars.

Vicki

Vicky my box of the meal bars have 10g of protein and 5g of fiber. That's the chocolate peanutbutter. The thing about them that I didn't notice when I bought them is that they are loaded with sugar!

I've switched to protein like Canadian bacon on a whole grain English muffin. Muffin in the toaster, Canadian bacon in the microwave for about 10 seconds, slap it on the muffin and go! Of course it would be hard to carry it around in my purse all day! :D

That way I get the same amount of fiber and protein as one of those bars, only a few more calories, a tiny amount of sugar and it's much more satisfying. Sometimes I eat an egg on the muffin with 1 piece of Canadian bacon. It's also good on a whole wheat/high fiber tortilla .

Of course some people can't handle bread. :(

jena