I ate & collapsed

I ate for the first time aftr being banded last night. I made 1 1/2 scamble eggs with 1 slice of cheese and 1 piece of toast. It took me about 30 minutes to eat because I was chewing it so much that it turned into watery mush in my mouth. I was also looking out for the fool feeling which I never really felt. I was really being careful, so I thought. Now I realize that the foolness feeling isn't like before when I felt it right away, This time it comes slower and then it gets you! After I ate I got up to put my plate away and thought I would go for a walk to digust my food - didn't happen! I felt unbelievable port pain, I thought it was going to explode out of my skin. Then it got hard to breath, I was still in the kithen and went over to the trash can because I thought I would vomit, I started feeling nausea and dizziness and the last words out of my mouth were to my 12 year old son "I think I need help". Next thing I know I woke up to him screaming from the top of his lungs and was about to call 911 (My son said that I was shaking and in my deep sleep I felt my body seizuring) I stopped him and told him to give me a cold compress and some orange juice. I was still on the kithen floor and started to feel faint again, the cold compress and the juice helped and I stayed on the floor trying to calm my son down for about ten minutes until my husband walked in the door. It was very scary and I will really be very careful with my food intake. Now I'm scared that I won't be getting enough nutrition in my body, I don't know. My husband says I needed to start off slowly with little bites of real food not a whole breakfast on my first day. Anyway, for all of you out there please be careful and don't wait for the fool feeling just stop if your not hungry anymore. Thanks for reading

WOW, that must have scared the living daylights out of you boy. I remember on my first day I too felt a little faint but once I laid down for about 15 minutes I was ok. Take it slow and keep us posted.

Sounds like you had low blood sugar or something. I would definitely call Dr Ortiz and report what happened. That must have been very scary for your son. How old is he? How are you doing now?

that's really scary/alarming and does not sound "normal" at all.. I'm so sorry you experienced that and your son must've been freaking out! Please take everyone's advice and call your doctor. In my opinion the amount of food you ate & the time you took to eat it shold not = you fainting & seizures... I'm wondering if something else is going on ?? Please keep us posted.

Please take our advice and call your doctor right away. The symtoms you discribed are not related to the band. Do you have a history of siezures? Are you diabetic? Please keep s informed as to how you are doing. Take care and don't overdue, remember your body is still healing.

This isn't a band issue, you fainted. It's a blood sugar/electrolyte issue.

If you're on meds for High blood pressure and/or diabetes, it's time for re-evaluation. Please call your local Dr and tell them that you've lost weight and that you fainted.

We are all very anxious to hear what your doctor says about this. Please call him/her asap and I'm sure it will help to ease your mind....I've never heard of someone fainting from eating too much or too fast, so I'm sure it's something your doctor needs to hear about.

Take care, and keep us updated once you make the call.

Denise

:rolleyes: hello-i saw your post and i thought i would see if maybe we can keep in touch, i was banded 6/23/08, so i have not gotten to have that "first meal" yet..i would really love to talk with someone who has been banded close to the time i have so that maybe we can keep each others spirits up!! so far i have lost 10 lbs but have been stuck at 200 lbs for 3 days now,..did you lose a lot of weight at first or is this normal for me not to lose a lot of weight at the beginning?
I ate for the first time aftr being banded last night. I made 1 1/2 scamble eggs with 1 slice of cheese and 1 piece of toast. It took me about 30 minutes to eat because I was chewing it so much that it turned into watery mush in my mouth. I was also looking out for the fool feeling which I never really felt. I was really being careful, so I thought. Now I realize that the foolness feeling isn't like before when I felt it right away, This time it comes slower and then it gets you! After I ate I got up to put my plate away and thought I would go for a walk to digust my food - didn't happen! I felt unbelievable port pain, I thought it was going to explode out of my skin. Then it got hard to breath, I was still in the kithen and went over to the trash can because I thought I would vomit, I started feeling nausea and dizziness and the last words out of my mouth were to my 12 year old son "I think I need help". Next thing I know I woke up to him screaming from the top of his lungs and was about to call 911 (My son said that I was shaking and in my deep sleep I felt my body seizuring) I stopped him and told him to give me a cold compress and some orange juice. I was still on the kithen floor and started to feel faint again, the cold compress and the juice helped and I stayed on the floor trying to calm my son down for about ten minutes until my husband walked in the door. It was very scary and I will really be very careful with my food intake. Now I'm scared that I won't be getting enough nutrition in my body, I don't know. My husband says I needed to start off slowly with little bites of real food not a whole breakfast on my first day. Anyway, for all of you out there please be careful and don't wait for the fool feeling just stop if your not hungry anymore. Thanks for reading