I swear I was meant to be fat my entire life!!! Vent!

I’m 5 weeks post op and feel like my motivation is dwindling…My hunger is back with a vengeance :( I haven’t lost any thing post op other then a few pounds, I know I have a empty band right now but none-the-less it is still discouraging kwim…I have my first fill next Friday….fingers and toes crossed that it gives me restriction…I honestly feel like I'm headed back to my old ways and the breaks don't work...ykwim!!

Hang in there I'm sort of where you are. 4 weeks post-op, the weight loss stopped 2 weeks ago and I actually gained 2 pounds back. I'm looking forward to my fill in 2 weeks. My food choices have not been that great, mostly healthy but then I blow it with a splurge of some sort. I try to not feel too bad because what I call a splurge today is about 1/3 of what I'd used to have, so that's progress. I also feel my clothes looser and feel better since I have started exercising. Try to focus on the NSV's during this challenging time. Now is when we have to dig our heels in and not allow ourselves to go back to our old ways. We made LIFE TIME decision that we must each integrate into our new lifestyle in our own ways. Whatever, however we do is up to us. Again :lb4: and know you are not alone.

No your are not destined to be fat..you made the right decision and you can do this!

You can be strong...if you are hungry, eat healthy foods, veggies, yogurt, sugarfree puddings and fudgecicles.

I am finding that being on mushy foods, I am not staying full for very long anymore and supplement by a healthy snack in between meals. Like I said, my surgeon told me not to expect weight loss between surgery and my first fill....keep that in mind.

Do the best you can and we are here if you need us!

Take care Cathy

You are so not meant to be fat!! I can see your new beautiful slim face in your picture - I've watched so many people slim down now that you start to know what they are going to look like when they loose the weight. You're just stuck in that not so nice place called banstar hell. Its OK - it teaches us to better manage our food once we get our fills working appropriately.

You are so beautiful, I can't wait to see the new you! So keep up your spirit and understand its just part of the process and you're doing great!

Best,

Lisa

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are not meant to be fat, no one is. Just eat to live now and not live to eat. You are going through the worst of it right now, but if you have your fill coming up there is relief in sight. Keep that goal in sight and HANG ON!

I had one fill and am going at the end of the month for my second. I lost 5 pounds right after my fill but I've been stuck at the same weight for a month now and am getting depressed. I know what you mean about being afraid of going back to your old ways.... I fear that DAILY! We had a family get together today [surrounded by food, of course] and I over ate. I have a stomach ache from it. My big problem is trying to keep myself busy and keep my mind occupied. If I relax and just sit and watch TV, my mind goes straight to food.

You're not alone.... the addiction to food is a strong one, but we have to rise above it, we have to be stronger than it is.

I wish I didn't love food like I do!! :lb12:

I feel your pain and I empathize with you :lb12: I will be eight weeks post op on July 8th. I have not lost any weight for 6 weeks. I ahve not gain any but sure wanted instant gratification, as always. I have my first fill on the 8th :lol: I am so looking forward to that. I have ro remind myself that this part of my journey was not meant for me to lose pounds. It is for me to heal and prepare for the rest of my life. Once I have restriction I hope to finally see more pounds diapear never to return.

Don't be so hard on youself, would you be this hard to a freind? I doubt it you seem to be a very caring person, so be kind to yourself you deserve it :)

It is very frustrating I know. I was at a stand still at 5 weeks post op and was hungry all the time. I went for my first fill, only to find my port was flipped. I had surgery again and a fill. I still don't have much restriction, never did. I can still eat bread and etc. I have lost about 9 pounds since my first fill on 5-21-08. I have had several people say it may take more than 1 fill to hit your sweet spot. I am going my for 2nd fill 7-9-08 and am looking forward to it. Don't give up!!! We have all been where you are at now and it will get better! Hang in there and don't be so hard on yourself, the weight will come off.

I’m 5 weeks post op and feel like my motivation is dwindling…My hunger is back with a vengeance :( I haven’t lost any thing post op other then a few pounds, I know I have a empty band right now but none-the-less it is still discouraging kwim…I have my first fill next Friday….fingers and toes crossed that it gives me restriction…I honestly feel like I'm headed back to my old ways and the breaks don't work...ykwim!!

Sweetie, I KNOW exactly how you are feeling. I have been on a rollercoaster of depression since March. No restriction. After my first fill, STILL no restriction. More depression and anger even. I was so mad and depressed because I was beginning to gain weight back, just like all the other years I dieted and then gained back.

I had to wait until June 27th get my second fill and believe me, I am so HAPPY!!! I didn't think it would ever come, but it has. It WILL happen, I know it is hard, but just try to have a little more patience. And I don't mean too discourage you further, but your first fill may not help too much either. Most of us needed 2 to feel it. We have all been in your shoes, believe me we have. I was terrified of going back to my old ways too, so what I did was put myself back on the pre-op diet for as much as I could before my second fill. It was still depressing but it kept me from gaining too much back. So, maybe thats an option for you. If not, and if you don't feel restriction on your first fill, set an appointment up for your second one right away. I PROMISE you will be happy, it will come and you will be a HUGE loser like everyone else on here. Just keep your chin up for a little while longer!!

I feel your pain............I have been so discouraged for about the last month. I was banded 5/7/08, lost 11 pounds the first 3 weeks, then started gaining back. I started thinking this was just another diet failure, an exspensive one at that! :rolleyes: If it wasn't for the wonderful support on this forum, (Painter, Evette, Kimra, my list could go on...) the days would be hard.

Today I had my first fill, so I am looking forward to great restriction and pounds to start coming off again. Hang in there, I totally know what you are feeling right now. You can do this, stay strong!

Lisa is right, you are beautiful .... and you will lose weight. You have the band as a tool and you have your fellow bandsters to cheer you on!

Let us know how your first fill goes!

I think you're doing great. Just take pride in all your good and healthy decisions. When you're hungry or you "splurge" tell yourself this is a journey, there's bound to be bumps in the road. Just get back on track and really enjoy your progress. Every time you eat some veggies instead of french fries or potato chips really take a moment to congratulate the new you. If you slip up think "this isn't me anymore" and think "wow i onlay had a few handfuls of chips, i used to eat the whole bag before i'd stop".

And most importantly, forget about the scale! This is about losing weight, but more importantly about changing our eating habits. The weight loss will come. Sometimes i just say that over and over in my head. "the weight loss will come". Its making good choices that is most important while we wait for the scales to budge.

I know its really hard right now, and its easy to get discouraged. Believe me - - there have been several days when I thought to myself that I am destined to be fat. When I read what you wrote I was like 'wow - I have thought that SO many times'. You are not destined to be fat - - you have taken a HUGE step towards success and you have already lost a great amount of weight. The fact that you are still coming here for support from fellow bandsters, and that you are still trying so hard to do what you need to do shows that you are 100% dedicated to your goal... and you WILL succeed!

I have found that the best way to get through a rough patch is to think of yourself right now as how you picture yourself ultimately being. What I mean by that is - - if you ultimately want to be 170 lbs.... tell yourself '170 lbs is on the way. I am 170 lbs... I have some steps to get there but its on the way' and by thinking in those terms, you will reach your goal because there is no other choice. We have a powerful device at our fingertips - the power of thought. We ultimately attract the things we think about. If you constantly tell yourself that 170 lbs is on the way, then there is no other option but to eventually be 170 lbs. You understand? ;) YOU WILL get there - - don't lose hope! Don't give up!