Sleeping on our Back's forever?

Hello All,

Was wondering...I know we were told to sleep on our back's while healing. But do we have to sleep on our back's forever? Can we never sleep on our side or stomach's again?

Oh I can't sleep on my back, that is terrible. I can only do that when I am exsausted. I hope that is not the plan, cause I dont think I can do that.

If the doctors said "sleep on your back", I was sleeping cause I sure do not recall that. I was sleeping on my side day of surgery. I kind of prop up with a pillow in front of me and one in back. I was sleeping on my tummy with a pillow under me in no time.

Hi Elaina, I slept on my stomach the first night back at the hotel. I was freezing cold every night after surgery for about a week and that's how I would get warm, by tucking my arms under and sleeping on stomach. I don't remember ever being told not to either. My left side was another story, that took a couple weeks.

I was never told to sleep on my back either??? I sleep on my sides and have since surgery. :D

That's nuts. Hot Doctor came in and among the things he told me to do and not do before he discharged me was to sleep on my back and make sure I didn't sleep on my stomach. Anyways...well glad to know i can sleep a little differently now...Thanks guys!

I slept on my back until I was comfortable on my tummy. I am not a back sleeper. I used pillows when on my side to suport my arms and legs, that seemed to help.

Your doctor my know something that we don't so I would say to call him and ask for more details, like is this normal or if he found a situation inside of you that requires some TLC