1 year Bandiversary!!!

Well I honestly cannot believe tomorrow will be 1 year since I have been banded. It has been great!!!!! I have lost 70lbs and am 14lbs from goal! To me, that is AMAZING!!! I did not do measurements like I should have or I would post them but I can tell you I went from a size 18 to a size 10 jeans. I am happy, healthy and love the new me!

So how has the road been? Well it was not all peaches-n-cream - however, if that's what I wanted to eat, I ate it. That is why I love this band. I honestly eat whatever I want - just in moderation!!!! Now, yes, some things do get stuck and I stay away from them. Like eggs - can't really eat those much anymore. Sometimes I get frustrated when I want to eat more but that's okay too. My band has taught me when enough is enough - the painful way! With that being said, to you newbies out there - THIS BAND IS A TOOL! You have to know how to work it for it to work! You have been given instructions - use them. I promise this band will work.

If you say you are sticking to the rules and you still are not loosing, #1 you are either in denial and not fully sticking to the diet or #2 you are not taking in enough calories. I hit a plateau a couple of times and the first time I started counting calories and I was only taking in 700cals so I increased it to 1000-1200 and the weight started coming off again. The second time I got a fill. Simple as that. If you see that you are eating too much - get a fill. Don't sit there and ask yourself daily why you aren't losing!!

I would also like to say that all 70lbs were lost totally without exercise!!! Totally!!! I have never exercised much - or else I would not have needed the band. Would I like to exercise? Sure, I plan on it! I graduate from NP school in May and my husband and I are both joining the gym. Now am I proud of the fact that I do not exercise - NO - but I am telling you this so you can see just how much the band has helped.

So with all that said, I love my band. Do not get discouraged throughout your weight loss journey - if you stumble just jump back on the bandwagon! YOU CAN SUCCEED WITH THIS BAND!!!!!!

Misty

PS - I'm having breast augmentation with a lift Wednesday - but don't tell anyone! ;)

Before and After.......

wed.jpg

002.jpg

meinglasses.jpg

January-February2009008.jpg

Hey Misty, Congrats!! You look so great! Are you having your lift/aug at Cosmed? I am doing the same thing this Monday, and I am starting to get nervous though I am excited too.....

Good luck! You have really done well for yourself and you should be so proud!

Karen

Hey Misty, Congrats!! You look so great! Are you having your lift/aug at Cosmed? I am doing the same thing this Monday, and I am starting to get nervous though I am excited too.....

Good luck! You have really done well for yourself and you should be so proud!

Karen

No, I am having my lift/aug here in GA.

Hey Misty, Congrats. You have done well. And you are totally right, the band is a tool. I think I forgot how to use it for this past 3 months. Havent lost a lb in the 3 months. So I have to go back to step 1. I have lost the 68lbs also without excersice, but started to do so this week. It has helped but I do need a fill and get back to basics. Thanks for the post, its help me realize what I need to do.

Blazn, you have no idea how much I look up to you. I remember when I signed on to this site in September looking at your photo of you in the dress on the beach and thinking I am just like her! and now look at you! So very very pretty and you are radiating your personality! All the best to you!

Jenelle ><'

Misty .... one word ... A-W-E-S-O-M-E :clapping: :clapping:

You look fantastic, your smile is priceless and your post was right on!

You will be at your goal in no time and getting the girls back in shape is just the icing on the cake B)

If you don't mind ... I'm looking into PS in GA too, can you share (PM) which doc you are going to use and the prices ?

Good luck and a speedy recovery with your upcoming surgery ((HUGS))

Misty .... one word ... A-W-E-S-O-M-E :clapping: :clapping:

You look fantastic, your smile is priceless and your post was right on!

You will be at your goal in no time and getting the girls back in shape is just the icing on the cake B)

If you don't mind ... I'm looking into PS in GA too, can you share (PM) which doc you are going to use and the prices ?

Good luck and a speedy recovery with your upcoming surgery ((HUGS))

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

WOW... AMAZING your looking just grea8

I am sure you must be proud of your self......

Good luck to you.....

Congratulations!

My 1 year bandiversary will be tomorrow - I can't believe it! You're right, it is a tool, and it DOES work. I have been very bad many times and my band has stopped me from kicking my own @$$ as I have done for years.

BTW, you're lookin' AWESOME!!

Hey y'all. Day 1 post PS surgery and I'm okay. Little sore but not terrible. I have only taken 1 pain pill and 1 muscle relaxer since yesterday - so I think that is pretty good. I go back to my doc this AM to have the wraps removed so I am excited about seeing them.

Thank you all for your nice comments. We are all inspirations as we decided to do something about being overweight instead of living with it. Everyone should be proud of themselves.

I will keep you updated along and along, and again thanks so much for the support.

PS - where's Michelle been? She sure is missed!!!!

THANK YOU!! AT LAST THE WORD MODERATION!! My daughter is 11 months out and hasnt reached her sweet spot yet. she is at 8.2 in a 9 cc band. The doc and dietician keep asking about carbs and protien and exercise like this is her fault. BOTTOM LINE......SHE IS ABLE TO EACH TOO MUCH!! We have not been aggressive enough. They assume that at 8.2 she should be losing but sorry shes not. I'm so jealous of you. I see where my daughter could be when I look at your pics and so disoucraged that she has made almost no progress yet.