I went to Cosmed

shiney42

Ok So I was band on May 20th, I stood an extra day to have a consultation at Cosmed.

While there I did some Botox And lips fillers also Fraxel This way when I go back in 6 weeks I can have my last session of fraxel done.

My face is swollen and the lips need to go down a bit but I am loving it...... Also everyone was Great there, & the prices were un beatable!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you are happy with your results so far. Were you getting a consultation on other plastic surgery? Which filler did you get?

I did Botox for the frown, eyebrows, and crow feet--- And WHAT a difference!!!

The lips got restylane(sp?) very swollen but it a lot better today -

And then I did fraxel to the whole face which I have one more session and I'm very happy

Were you getting a consultation on other plastic surgery?
Yes Boobs- which he says I may just need a lift - But we'll see once I lose some weight & depending on if I want a little more boob... Which I just may cause once you lose weight you lose boob too. I'm only a D cup now- So we shall see. I think a lift was only $2800 - Not a bad price( I thought)

But what he suggested was very interesting, he would like to take the fat (from the side of my boob) an transfer it to the butt! :o which I never thought about, but I'm liking it! And he also say a TT but I hate the scar! Dr. Q said my TT scar wouldn't go hip to hip, that I don't have that much of a apron but I do have one that will need to be taken care of... I didn't get a price on that.

omg the butt hurts lol - I just had the fat from my stomach taken out and put into my butt cheeks - wooooooooozers it hurts...out of my 8 surgeries its the most sore. So far it looks good but I just had it done on the 20th so Ill let u know if its worth it.

Okay - and the TT scar...seriously its worth it - to have a flat stomach is flippin amazing and well worth it!

omg the butt hurts lol - I just had the fat from my stomach taken out and put into my butt cheeks - wooooooooozers it hurts...out of my 8 surgeries its the most sore. So far it looks good but I just had it done on the 20th so Ill let u know if its worth it.

Okay - and the TT scar...seriously its worth it - to have a flat stomach is flippin amazing and well worth it!

I most likely will have it done, BUT I'm torn, I want to look good out of my clothes as well as in them...

Like I so can't wait for the boobs............

He he he so you got junk in the trunk -

How do you sit?

Did they charge you extra to have your fat put into your butt cheeks? LOL. That sounds like a great idea haha.

I had lip twice (arms, thighs, tummy) and a tummy tuck in 2006 and chose to have the extra fat put in my butt. The pain I had to endure to have a little more "junk in the trunk"! My plastic surgeon here in long beach,ca says that only 40% of the fat actually stays and luckily for me, mine did. I love the lasting effects but I seriously wouldn't do it again because the pain was unbearable for a few weeks! Everyone is different though and it might not be that bad for other people but for me, the recovery from the TT was way easier than the pain in my bootay! ;)

I had lip twice (arms, thighs, tummy) and a tummy tuck in 2006 and chose to have the extra fat put in my butt. The pain I had to endure to have a little more "junk in the trunk"! My plastic surgeon here in long beach,ca says that only 40% of the fat actually stays and luckily for me, mine did. I love the lasting effects but I seriously wouldn't do it again because the pain was unbearable for a few weeks! Everyone is different though and it might not be that bad for other people but for me, the recovery from the TT was way easier than the pain in my bootay! ;)

Hummmmmmmmm I wonder why it's so painful? I must search this out!

So I have to ask - Those concerns you had about TJ - do you still have them now?

After reading the tons of posts all of you have put on here about your numerous trips to TJ, I can honestly say that I'm more excited than anything to go! I bet that's how everyone felt as the days came closer to getting banded? I can't wait! :D

After reading the tons of posts all of you have put on here about your numerous trips to TJ, I can honestly say that I'm more excited than anything to go! I bet that's how everyone felt as the days came closer to getting banded? I can't wait! :D

Yup - I can't wait to go back on the 29th :D

• 4 weeks later...

OK So while I was down in TJ getting my first fill I made a few Plastic surgeon consultation.

I’ve already been to Cosmed the last time I was there & needed to visit them this time too. I had my last session of Fraxel done & then I asked for my laugh lines to go. I feel very comfortable @ Cosmed and developed a relationship with both doctors

However I just needed to Look around and see what else was out there.

So I set up 2 appointments while I was there besides going back to Cosmed for the last Fraxel session..

Well the first appointment my cab driver took me to 4 different places & We never found it. Which kinda said a lot in it’s self

The second appointment Doctor Gutierrez

http://www.tijuana-cosmetic-surgery.com/

His clinic is under construction so everything will be new, Staff was warm & friendly. He seems like a wonderful doctor( I would still do research cause I haven’t fully checked him out).

He offered

Boobs & TT for 7,000 with a lift 7,400

Lipo in 2 sections 2,500

That’s 1- 2 nights at his clinic and and 50 bucks for blood work

Cosmed offer was

$3,500 - TT with Liposculpture of back & sides

$2,500 - BL with implant

$800 for Surgical fee’s

$180 - Blood & pain meds

Now add in my plane fare $250 & 4 days @ The Lucerna.

Cosmed will send a nurse to my room to change all bandages for an extra 20 dollars a EACH DAY

Goshhhhhhhhhhh It sure adds up fast. So what’s your thoughts? Please feel free

So what do you think about these prices?

All opinion are welcome.

All advise is welcome

And if anyone thinks I should get another consultation by another doctor please give me the infor I would need....

Thank You

Lena

The Dr. I went to in Seattle (at Swedish) was $8500 for a TT

I am considering my TT and lipo at Cosmed

The Dr's at Cosmed all trained at UC Irvine...that says alot and that is also a great price. I wish Denise would post soon about her TT, I would love to hear about it.

The Dr's at Cosmed all trained at UC Irvine...that says alot and that is also a great price. I wish Denise would post soon about her TT, I would love to hear about it.

I think the girl that goes by the screen name of Canadianbandster was going to post her pictures, but hasn't. I think she went to Cosmed.

TAKE A LOOK AT DR NYTE IN MAPLE VALLEY. http://www.nytesurgical.com/ SEVERAL OF US ON THIS BOARD HAVE USED HIM AND ARE VERY HAPPY WITH OUR RESULTS. LOOK AT HIS WEB SITE FOR PRICING, HE RUNS SPECIALS. RIGHT NOW A TT IS 3,950, PLUS ADD 300 FOR ANESTHESIA. NO EXTRA HOTEL COSTS INVOLVED IF LOCAL AND RECHECKS WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE IS A REAL PLUS WHEN DOING AN INVASIVE PROCEDURE LIKE THIS. HE'S ABLE TO KEEP HIS OVERHEAD DOWN WITHOUT PAYING THE PRICE OF HIGH PRICED HOSPITALS BEING HE OURS HIS OWN SURGICAL CLINIC.

BUT MORE THEN THAT, LOOK AT PHOTOS. NOT JUST ONES ON THE DR OR CLINICS SITES, PICTURES CLIENTS HAVE POSTED THEMSELVES. I WAS SURPRISED TO SEE WHAT I FOUND AND WHAT THEY WILL OR WON'T DO TO FIX PROBLEMS IF THEY ARISE

OK So while I was down in TJ getting my first fill I made a few Plastic surgeon consultation.

I've already been to Cosmed the last time I was there & needed to visit them this time too. I had my last session of Fraxel done & then I asked for my laugh lines to go. I feel very comfortable @ Cosmed and developed a relationship with both doctors

However I just needed to Look around and see what else was out there.

So I set up 2 appointments while I was there besides going back to Cosmed for the last Fraxel session..

Well the first appointment my cab driver took me to 4 different places & We never found it. Which kinda said a lot in it's self

The second appointment Doctor Gutierrez

http://www.tijuana-cosmetic-surgery.com/

His clinic is under construction so everything will be new, Staff was warm & friendly. He seems like a wonderful doctor( I would still do research cause I haven't fully checked him out).

He offered

Boobs & TT for 7,000 with a lift 7,400

Lipo in 2 sections 2,500

That's 1- 2 nights at his clinic and and 50 bucks for blood work

Cosmed offer was

$3,500 - TT with Liposculpture of back & sides

$2,500 - BL with implant

$800 for Surgical fee's

$180 - Blood & pain meds

Now add in my plane fare $250 & 4 days @ The Lucerna.

Cosmed will send a nurse to my room to change all bandages for an extra 20 dollars a EACH DAY

Goshhhhhhhhhhh It sure adds up fast. So what's your thoughts? Please feel free

So what do you think about these prices?

All opinion are welcome.

All advise is welcome

And if anyone thinks I should get another consultation by another doctor please give me the infor I would need....

Thank You

Lena

thank yo for this post! I have been looking at what my options are. When we get to our target weight we have earned a little LIFT. I have lost just 20lbs since surgery and EVERYTHING is drooping big time! my boobs are even different sizes! HOW WIERD!!!

I will need Tummy tuck Lipo to make it a smooth transition and Augmentation/lift. Then I should look human again.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys, if you want to see my before after pics just send me a PM :) I have been sooooooo busy I just got my after pics done. I have to say though that my sides are stills swollen but I am really happy with the results.

I also have to add - UM taking the plane back to CANADA after the fat injections in my butt cheeks - was hell...not kidding. I then had to drive more than 4 hours home. I went to pick up my kids the next day and only sat in my car for 20 minutes and couldnt believe I did all that. The things we do for our children as that is the only reason I came back so soon.

I have to admit - I too would not do the butt work again because of how painful it was. It looks good - but not quite good enough for the horrible pain I experienced. The boobs were easy peasy though!

I also had major lipo on my back, sides, hips, tummy and my c-section scar fixed which were nothing in comparison.

Before this surgery I had......

breast reduction

tummy tuck

gall bladder out

c-sections

and nothing compared to the butt pain lol sorry to scare anyone but I am just telling the truth!

i find it alarming that none of these surgeons specialize.

I would NEVER EVER go to a doctor that performs a facelift & tt's, arm lifts ... mole removal, botox, ear lobe reduction, etc etc etc ...

To me, that's a total red flag.

Going through these surgeons' websites, the before/after pictures weren't even impressive.

I was shocked that the one doctor in WA does tt's on people still severely over weight.

BTW, he isn't a certified PS - he's actually a Otolaryngological Surgeon.

and he went to school at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine.

just sayin' people ...

really do your research.

these doctors aren't specializing, which makes me wonder WHY.

$$$.

that's why.

And Dr. Manuel Gutierrez Romero:

He has had horrible complaints, and he's not even certified!

http://badplasticsurgeon.blogspot.com/2008...estheticos.html

http://www.plasmetic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443

i find it alarming that none of these surgeons specialize.

I would NEVER EVER go to a doctor that performs a facelift & tt's, arm lifts ... mole removal, botox, ear lobe reduction, etc etc etc ...

To me, that's a total red flag.

Going through these surgeons' websites, the before/after pictures weren't even impressive.

I was shocked that the one doctor in WA does tt's on people still severely over weight.

BTW, he isn't a certified PS - he's actually a Otolaryngological Surgeon.

and he went to school at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine.

just sayin' people ...

really do your research.

these doctors aren't specializing, which makes me wonder WHY.

$$$.

that's why.

And Dr. Manuel Gutierrez Romero:

He has had horrible complaints, and he's not even certified!

http://badplasticsurgeon.blogspot.com/2008...estheticos.html

http://www.plasmetic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443

WOW LINDSAY, THAT'S PRETTY HARSH WITHOUT POSTING ALL THE SCHOOLING/FACTS AND YOU MISSED THE FACT HE IS CERTIFIED IN COSMETIC SURGERY. RE: "just sayin' people ...really do your research" DID YOU BOTHER TO CALL AND GET ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED BEFORE POSTING? WELL THAT'S IF YOUR REFERRING TO THE SAME PERSON I AM. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL, CALL AND ASK TO SPEAK TO THE DR

BEFORE ANYONE HAS ANY SURGERY DONE, GET ALL THE FACTS. FIND OUT YOUR DR CREDENTIALS, GET ALL THE INFORMATION YOU CAN BEFORE MAKING YOUR CHOSE. READ, CALL, GET ALL QUESTIONS ANSWERED. TALK TO OTHERS THAT HAVE USED THEIR SERVICES MAKING THE BEST POSSIBLE DECISION FOR YOURSELF. JUST LIKE YOU DID WHEN LOOKING AT GETTING YOUR BAND

I AM WONDERING HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT DR ORTIZ FIXING HERNIAS, ANOTHER RED FLAG?

I DON'T THINK YOU'LL FIND MANY IF ANY COSMETIC SURGEONS OR PLASTIC SURGEON THAT JUST DOES ONE SURGERY AND THAT'S IT, PERIOD!!! AS YOU POINTED OUT, IT WOULDN’T BE PROFITABLE

I’m going to add onto what Pammie started.

One thing you might what to know is that Otolaryngologists are medical doctors (MD, DO, MBBS, MBChB, etc.) who, in the United States, complete at least five years of surgical residency training. This is composed of one year in general surgical training and four years in otolaryngology - head and neck surgery; in the past it varied between two and three years of each. Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is a one-year fellowship open to Otolaryngologists who wish to specialize in the aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the head, face, and neck. Which many of them do take.

Dr. Nyte's Education, Training & Experience:

Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville College, Kirksville, MO 1992-1996

Residency-Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery-Facial Plastic Surgery,

Northeast Region Medical Center, Kirksville, MO 1996-2001

Fellowship-Cosmetic Surgery, Julius Newman, MD Philadelphia, PA 2001-2002

Cosmetic Surgeon, Cosmetic Surgery Center & Dr. Benien, Oklahoma City, OK 2002-2004

Fellowship-Cosmetic Surgery & Hair Restoration, Seattle, WA 2004-2005

Cosmetic Surgeon, Nyte Surgical Arts, Maple Valley, WA 2005-Present

Educational Conferences:

Multi-Specialty Foundation-Facial Cosmetic Surgery, Las Vegas, NV 2009

AOCOO-HNS Clinical Assembly, Speaker

Orlando, FL 2006

American Academy of Facial Plastic &

Reconstructive Surgery Annual Assembly, Speaker, Los Angeles, CA 2005

ISHRS Live Surgery Workshop, Faculty

Seattle, WA 2005

American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery

Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA 2005

American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery

Annual Meeting, Hollywood, FL 2004

AOCOO-HNS Annual Assembly

Ft Myers, FL 2003

World Congress on Liposuction &

Aesthetic Surgery Denver, CO 2002

AOCOO-HNS Annual Clinical Assembly

Tampa, FL 2001

North American Academy of Cosmetic &

Restorative Surgery Annual Assembly

Washington DC 1999

Certifications:

American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery-Facial Plastic Surgery

American Board of Cosmetic Surgery-Eligible

Advanced Cardiac Life Support

Memberships:

Fellow-American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery

American Academy of Facial Plastic

& Reconstructive Surgery

American Osteopathic Academy of

Otolaryngology & Facial Plastics

American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery

Radiesse Medical Education Faculty (MEF)

Sorry, but you really need to make sure you have your information together before you post something.

Another issue I have, I weighed 200 pounds at my tummy tuck, it went great - still looks great and yes I had a lot of fat and skin removed. Each person needs to do their own research and make their own the decisions.

My guidance came from other doctors, nurses and patients, not a personal trainer. That would be the last person I would look for in guidance in this area, unless they were a patient and had experience with the doctor. It’s not your area of specialty and it shows.

Anyone can do searches on the internet and pull out bits and pieces and make the story sound however they'd like it to sound; you have to know the facts and present the whole story to be fair or you can do harm, rather than help.

cosmetic/plastic surgery is COMPLETELY different here in Ontario, Canada.

it's treated as an ethical issue, rather than a cosmetic.

VERY VERY different ..................... as are my opinions on it.

Yeah, you aren't kidding it is COMPLETELY different in Canada. I knew a Canadian that the government paid for her sex change operation (female to male...how enlightened), yet they stick cancer patients in a 12 month or more long line for a doctor appointment. Hmmm. Go figure.