I went to Cosmed

shiney42

I think the tummy tuck would work for me, the problem as I lose weight I am losing my butt and not my stomach, it makes me mad. I want to keep the booty!!. This stomach needs to go. If it was gone, I would be happy with where I am right now, of course I should lose more weight but with no big belly, I think I would be ok if I didn't.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lena, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, hope you're doing OK!

Its been a great topic, and made me think about the changes I've made in this area.

I am actually very shy about my body and have never posted this link before - as you can see I was pretty big at my tummy tuck, 200 pounds. (This is a bit hard for me). And the back and side fat he lippo'd out has never come back - and I've always had it no matter how thin I'd get.

http://www.nytesurgical.com/index.cfm/Acti...513/PageID/2968

We each need to make our own decisions on the surgery, I'm glad I chose my surgeon, I've had 3 surgeries with Dr Nyte and I'm going in for my fourth later this month.

I'm a big believer in plastic surgery, it can make great changes in your life - I don't think I could have gotten into exercise like I did with that big tummy around my middle - no way, no how. I know the cost is high, but the rewards are worth it if you can do it, and its something you want - go for it, you’re worth it. (However the need to buy all those expensive little underwears that are so cute and you just can't pass up - can be costly)....

Best,

Lisa

Lisa,

I am so glad that I read this.....I am 5'6 and right now I am at 195. I have talked my boss into letting me take off in March of this coming year for two weeks for a TT and Breat Lift (implants, what ever they are going to need, they just need something bad..lol)..My inner thighs are really bad too....anyway I had made my "surgery goal" at 165-170, however I have never thought about how hard it is for me to try to exercise right now. I carry ALL of my weight in my stomach...I have two tummys, my top roll and then my bottom that is very large. I had a C-section with my son 14 years ago so I already have a HUGE apron as it is now. My bottom tummy is not all just loose skin, there is still alot of fat, my top roll is getting more loose and giggly...I hope I am explaining this correct so you know what I am talking about. My husband has gotten OBESSED with P90X and jogging. We do everything together, however it hurts for my tummys to bounce. I have never though about how much they do holds me back and how much I could do if it was not in my way. My question is, I thought that if you had a tt when you are still "large" when I got down to 145-150 if I do, will the skin be loose???? I am vey curious about this. There is no way that I can have the procedure before March of next year and I am sure I will be down 25lbs before then, but If I have options that I thought were not possible I would love to know about them......

Carrie

Stormy, Just had a breast lift at Cosmed three weeks ago and it was 4000. They give a 250 discount for those who used DR ortiz. He was great! i LOVE THE GIRLS! I will be going back for the LBL in may after school gets out and I have the summer to heal. The breast Lift was the easiest surgery I have ever done. I would suggest Cosmed to anyone (they were wonderful)

Yes,, this is the only Cosmed Clinic I know of. Dr Quiroz is the owner and head plastic surgeon. He's also buddies with Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez.

'Cosmed' is a popular name here in Toronto - for clinics that do stuffs such as lips, and crap like that.

I think it's a chain of pop in clinics ...

Anyways, interesting to know they're all related -

I was reviewing the Cosmed website, and even found pictures of the Recovery By The Sea ... looks like a fab place to recovery, and definitely a great option.

DOLITTLE: Did you find a week was long enough to recovery, before flying back home??

How exciting. I would love to do that, and $4000 is not bad. Did that include the stay? How long did it take you to recover? I have scares from my breast reduction, I wonder if they can do anything about those they are thick on the side, I hate them. When I wear a bikini, you can see them really bad. I would love for someone to do some real repair work and make these girls stick right out! HA!. I think to make sure they dont look to small, I better go for the tummy tuck first. Anyone here had a tummy tuck down as cosmed?

Stormy, Just had a breast lift at Cosmed three weeks ago and it was 4000. They give a 250 discount for those who used DR ortiz. He was great! i LOVE THE GIRLS! I will be going back for the LBL in may after school gets out and I have the summer to heal. The breast Lift was the easiest surgery I have ever done. I would suggest Cosmed to anyone (they were wonderful)

'Cosmed' is a popular name here in Toronto - for clinics that do stuffs such as lips, and crap like that.

I think it's a chain of pop in clinics ...

Anyways, interesting to know they're all related -

I was reviewing the Cosmed website, and even found pictures of the Recovery By The Sea ... looks like a fab place to recovery, and definitely a great option.

DOLITTLE: Did you find a week was long enough to recovery, before flying back home??

Recovery by the Sea is a private home owned by an American nurse. It's OK,, but,,, and I say but,, it's a step above staying at a hotel and trying to do the recovery on your own,, and that's it. I'm not saying its a great place,, they have their pro's and con's, but it's better than nothing. Their staff is real friendly and very christian. They really watch over you and if you need more attention that what they can provide,, they'll get you to the nearest hospital. They are not like a hospital, it's the owners home with hospital beds in some of the bedrooms. Cosmed is supposed to have their own recovery wing in the new clinic whenever they get it open. Which will be a couple steps above in quality and more like a hospital with equipment if needed in an emergancy than compared to Recovery by the Sea. I guess there's a couple other recovery places in TJ, but they're pretty much the same as Recovery by the Sea.

As far as how long to stay in TJ after a Plastic Surgery procedure, I guess it depends on what your having done. On my LBL,, I stayed 8 days and flew back home to Illinois. Those first 4 or 5 days after surgery were tough. If you have a lot of excess to be removed in the LBL, it can be brutal. The LBL is the toughest of all the procedures. If your having any other plastic surgery procedure other than the LBL, I'd say you can do the recovery at the Lucerna Hotel and have the PS clinic check in on you. There's is also one other option. There's this nice lady named BajaVicki. She offers a personal aftercare service, She's a nurse and she'll stay with you the whole way. I don't know what her service costs, but I've seen her posts here at the forum and she has a contact email address. You could email her and see what she has to offer.

The Cosmed clinic in TJ is owned by Dr. Quiroz and as far as I know, he's not affiliated with any other plastic surgery clinic or franchise.

Hey stormy, mine did not include a hotel. we were staying in San Diego and I went home 6 hrs after surgery. The whole expierence was so nice but I am waiting until they have their recovery wing befor LBL. Dr Q was the bomb and my scars a minimal compared to what I have seen done. My biggest concern was what if something happens when I get back to AZ and that is still a concern but so far everything is great!

Also Dolittle. do they use gas in the body cavity for a LBL? They didn't for the lift and it was so nice. The gas is what got me on the lap band...

Cottonwood....

Im sorry I may have missed your post, but did you have surgery with Dr. Q? If so what did you have done and if you dont mind, around about how much does it cost?

Carrie

Cottonwood....

Im sorry I may have missed your post, but did you have surgery with Dr. Q? If so what did you have done and if you dont mind, around about how much does it cost?

Carrie

I had a breat lift with aug and it was 4000. I had such a great surgery and not much pain. I really thought they were great down there. I had a nurse sitting right next to me everytime i woke up. I felt very pampered. I did not stay the night but the few hours I was there was great :D

Hey stormy, mine did not include a hotel. we were staying in San Diego and I went home 6 hrs after surgery. The whole expierence was so nice but I am waiting until they have their recovery wing befor LBL. Dr Q was the bomb and my scars a minimal compared to what I have seen done. My biggest concern was what if something happens when I get back to AZ and that is still a concern but so far everything is great!

Is there an estimated date that the recovery wing will be opened?

I had a breat lift with aug and it was 4000. I had such a great surgery and not much pain. I really thought they were great down there. I had a nurse sitting right next to me everytime i woke up. I felt very pampered. I did not stay the night but the few hours I was there was great :D

Do you know if they pick you up from the airport and take you to where you need to go, and yes I would love to hear about there new floor as well if anyone has been there? Did you go by yourself?

Carrie

Do you know if they pick you up from the airport and take you to where you need to go, and yes I would love to hear about there new floor as well if anyone has been there? Did you go by yourself?

Carrie

I took my sister but I could have done it by myself. Since I didn't fly in they picked me up at the border and dropped me back off at border. They do pick you up from airport (if that is how you travel) I was told Fall for new wing but may now be the first of year. Call and talk to Joyce (she is awesome)

I took my sister but I could have done it by myself. Since I didn't fly in they picked me up at the border and dropped me back off at border. They do pick you up from airport (if that is how you travel) I was told Fall for new wing but may now be the first of year. Call and talk to Joyce (she is awesome)

Thanks guys! I will give her a call.

Carrie

Lisa,

I am so glad that I read this.....I am 5'6 and right now I am at 195. I have talked my boss into letting me take off in March of this coming year for two weeks for a TT and Breat Lift (implants, what ever they are going to need, they just need something bad..lol)..My inner thighs are really bad too....anyway I had made my "surgery goal" at 165-170, however I have never thought about how hard it is for me to try to exercise right now. I carry ALL of my weight in my stomach...I have two tummys, my top roll and then my bottom that is very large. I had a C-section with my son 14 years ago so I already have a HUGE apron as it is now. My bottom tummy is not all just loose skin, there is still alot of fat, my top roll is getting more loose and giggly...I hope I am explaining this correct so you know what I am talking about. My husband has gotten OBESSED with P90X and jogging. We do everything together, however it hurts for my tummys to bounce. I have never though about how much they do holds me back and how much I could do if it was not in my way. My question is, I thought that if you had a tt when you are still "large" when I got down to 145-150 if I do, will the skin be loose???? I am vey curious about this. There is no way that I can have the procedure before March of next year and I am sure I will be down 25lbs before then, but If I have options that I thought were not possible I would love to know about them......

Carrie

Hey Carrie,

If you have a good plastic surgeon, and the right body type (which means he can remove much of your skin and fat) you can. My stomach was absolutely holding me back from exercise – it got in the way mentally and physically.

Dr. Nyte told me that if we need to go in and do an aug later we could (didn’t need one, and that means to go in a just take out any extra skin if needed - normally they are really small amounts) the after pictures are over a year after surgery. That’s also why I did an extended rather than a tummy tuck with lippo, I had so much skin and fat to remove.

I’m glad I did it and was able to get focused on exercise – it worked out great for me. I've been able to sculpt my body through exercise to my plastic surgery and work with it.

Best,

Lisa

Hey Carrie,

If you have a good plastic surgeon, and the right body type (which means he can remove much of your skin and fat) you can. My stomach was absolutely holding me back from exercise – it got in the way mentally and physically.

Dr. Nyte told me that if we need to go in and do an aug later we could (didn’t need one, and that means to go in a just take out any extra skin if needed - normally they are really small amounts) the after pictures are over a year after surgery. That’s also why I did an extended rather than a tummy tuck with lippo, I had so much skin and fat to remove.

I’m glad I did it and was able to get focused on exercise – it worked out great for me. I've been able to sculpt my body through exercise to my plastic surgery and work with it.

Best,

Lisa

Lisa,

Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure I am going to have to have the Ext TT. I have a pretty big apron and it drives me crazy! I did call and talk to Dr . Q in TJ and the only thing that I am not to sure about is the stay, I dont want to stay for 6+ days. There is a surgeron in my town that ALOT of people use, my sister has used him for Breast Implants. The price that he gave me for the Ext TT was very good, however they want you to be pretty much at goal. Im not going to have this dont until March so I still have time to get my weight down. Im thinking about going to TJ for the Lift and Implants and doing the Ext TT here. The only set back with that is, I will have to have two different surgerys when I could do it all at one time, recovery with one pain...lol.....

I have been taking your advice and looking at TONS of pictures to see what I want. I am like you, dont want to be straight, would love to have some curves.......

All I can do is keep on working and hopefully by December I will be closer to making THE decision.

Carrie

Yes,, this is the only Cosmed Clinic I know of. Dr Quiroz is the owner and head plastic surgeon. He's also buddies with Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez.

I've been there twice & never saw Or heard of Dr. Martinez, wonder if he left Dr. Q, cause there is another Doc there his name is

Dr. Carlos Castañeda Reichert :-?

Hi- I have to ask -

the $4000 BL & Aug were the only things you got done? cause if you look on the first page of this thread you'll see the prices Cosmed gave me But I would have a few things done at one time, so I'm just wondering if that's why you paid 4000

I've been there twice & never saw Or heard of Dr. Martinez, wonder if he left Dr. Q, cause there is another Doc there his name is

Dr. Carlos Castañeda Reichert :-?

Shiney,

Dr. Martinez is a lapband Doctor at the OCC with Dr. Ortiz, as a matter of fact Dr. Martinez is the one who did my surgery. They are friends with Dr. Q.....

Carrie

Hi- I have to ask -

the $4000 BL & Aug were the only things you got done? cause if you look on the first page of this thread you'll see the prices Cosmed gave me But I would have a few things done at one time, so I'm just wondering if that's why you paid 4000

Yes thats all I had done I had to be back at work in 4 days. Going back for LBL. I will tell you he is awesome!

Shiney,

Dr. Martinez is a lapband Doctor at the OCC with Dr. Ortiz, as a matter of fact Dr. Martinez is the one who did my surgery. They are friends with Dr. Q.....

Carrie

DOH! What a dip shit I am........ LOL

I thought they were saying Dr. Martinez worked out of Dr. Q's office.........Don't mind me....

Yes thats all I had done I had to be back at work in 4 days. Going back for LBL. I will tell you he is awesome!

Yeah I hit it off pretty good with Dr. Q too he's really cool & I had NO problem talking with him.... I felt very comfortable

Yeah He gave me a much cheaper price for the BL & AUG but I'd have the TT & Lipo too so I guess that's why it's cheaper. I was hoping to have my stuff done for Sept, But I've had a few unexpected expenses... So it will take me a bit longer, But I'll get there :D