I went to Cosmed

shiney42

I have close to 200 people that work for me in Canada, and my company pays additional insurance premiums to insure they are taken care of in regards to medical, dental and vision.

I know more than I want to about medical and employment laws in CA. it’s amazing in some areas, and lacking in others as noted Red. However it’s better than what we have in the States, since its open to all. That is an amazing benefit. (And it has amazing people, I've got the best team located there - totally kick butte).

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

the medical system is horrible is many many ways ... i can't even find a family physician here in downtown Toronto, as no one is accepting new patients.

a lot of people are going towards 'paid health care', just to ensure they find a doctor, before something really does happen.

Wow Lisa! I didn't know you had your tt at 200 pounds...I'm 183 now and feel like it would make a HUGE difference for me. I thought I'd have to wait until I wasn't technically overweight anymore . I'll post a pic soon and when you see it, I think you'd agree that I have a slender face, arms, legs, even my collarbone is sticking out, yet the skin on my boobs and tummy is so stretched out- it's just hanging there and seriously has to be "tucked in" to a good bra, spanx etc. I hope I can find a way to do this sooner rather than later.

On another note, I'd be interested to hear what kind of training one needs to work in your industry. I've been a radio broadcaster most of my adult life (perefct job for hiding out behind a mic where nobody can see what you actually look like) but as the pounds melt away, I'm really getting my confidence back and am looking forward to re-entering the work force when my kids start school more or less full time in the fall. I've been thinking about a career change and find it interesting to talk to people like you that love what you do. For years, I loved my industry but I really feel ready for a change right now. Plus, I suppose I'll need a full time job to pay for all the PS I want, lol!

Sabrina:)

Hey Sabrina,

I had an apron, and lots of fat and skin. He removed it all – then I was really able to get into exercise and fitness – the stomach was getting in the way, physically and mentally – once it was gone there was no stopping me.

My life has totally changed with my weight loss and I’d be happy to talk to you about it. I am doing things now with the added confidence that I could never have dreamed of. I manage a large group of people and I’m often out in the public and have no problems with public speaking (would have before, I could have done it – but been miserable). My background is business, but much of my movement was based on experience and the guts to take the opportunities that were presented to me – often we have them, but are afraid to take the chance that we might fail – I don’t have that fear anymore – if I fail, its OK, I’m not letting something slip by without a try.

I am a Director and run two businesses for my company. I’m extremely busy but I also have the energy to keep up with everything I have to do. No way could I have done this at my high – just in the last couple of months’ I’ve flown over 20k miles back and forth across the continent (and here and there). I couldn't have flown this much at my high either, too much stress on the big body, plus I hated flying when I was big.

Just like we have to use our band, we have to use our mind and body in the right way to keep moving and making positive changes in our life – there’s nothing we can’t do!

Just PM me your email address and phone number and we can talk. (And I’d be happy to take a look at your pictures).

Best,

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
i find it alarming that none of these surgeons specialize.

I would NEVER EVER go to a doctor that performs a facelift & tt's, arm lifts ... mole removal, botox, ear lobe reduction, etc etc etc ...

To me, that's a total red flag.

Going through these surgeons' websites, the before/after pictures weren't even impressive.

I was shocked that the one doctor in WA does tt's on people still severely over weight.

BTW, he isn't a certified PS - he's actually a Otolaryngological Surgeon.

and he went to school at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine.

just sayin' people ...

really do your research.

these doctors aren't specializing, which makes me wonder WHY.

$$$.

that's why.

And Dr. Manuel Gutierrez Romero:

He has had horrible complaints, and he's not even certified!

http://badplasticsurgeon.blogspot.com/2008...estheticos.html

http://www.plasmetic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443

Thanks I'll take a look at those links. I have a ways to go before I make a TT discission. I hate the scar

Holy crap - I haven't been around to check any threads - sorry peeps

My bro-inlaw passed away in my house on the 25th, so between my dog on the 14th & him on the 25th i've been way out of it

but thanks everyone to posting

Lena

Lena, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, hope you're doing OK!

Its been a great topic, and made me think about the changes I've made in this area.

I am actually very shy about my body and have never posted this link before - as you can see I was pretty big at my tummy tuck, 200 pounds. (This is a bit hard for me). And the back and side fat he lippo'd out has never come back - and I've always had it no matter how thin I'd get.

http://www.nytesurgical.com/index.cfm/Acti...513/PageID/2968

We each need to make our own decisions on the surgery, I'm glad I chose my surgeon, I've had 3 surgeries with Dr Nyte and I'm going in for my fourth later this month.

I'm a big believer in plastic surgery, it can make great changes in your life - I don't think I could have gotten into exercise like I did with that big tummy around my middle - no way, no how. I know the cost is high, but the rewards are worth it if you can do it, and its something you want - go for it, you’re worth it. (However the need to buy all those expensive little underwears that are so cute and you just can't pass up - can be costly)....

Best,

Lisa

Holy crap - I haven't been around to check any threads - sorry peeps

My bro-inlaw passed away in my house on the 25th, so between my dog on the 14th & him on the 25th i've been way out of it

but thanks everyone to posting

Lena

Oh Lena,

So sorry to read of this! You've been missed here! How are you doing?

Hey Nicole,

Just to clarify, the before (was taken the day before my surgery) I was 200 pounds. The after you see – that was taken just last month, over a year after my surgery (not 200 pounds around 139). I have after’s (that are just after my surgery), and I am bigger – however one thing that I wanted to show was you can have (as per my surgeon) a tummy tuck at a bigger weight and continue to lose weight.

(If I wanted or needed an “aug” he would do one – but its not needed).

Its been a great topic, and made me think about the changes I've made in this area.

I am actually very shy about my body and have never posted this link before - as you can see I was pretty big at my tummy tuck, 200 pounds. (This is a bit hard for me). And the back and side fat he lippo'd out has never come back - and I've always had it no matter how thin I'd get.

We each need to make our own decisions on the surgery, I'm glad I chose my surgeon, I've had 3 surgeries with Dr Nyte and I'm going in for my fourth later this month.

I'm a big believer in plastic surgery, it can make great changes in your life - I don't think I could have gotten into exercise like I did with that big tummy around my middle - no way, no how. I know the cost is high, but the rewards are worth it if you can do it, and its something you want - go for it, you’re worth it. (However the need to buy all those expensive little underwears that are so cute and you just can't pass up - can be costly)....

Best,

Lisa

THESE COULDN'T BE ANY BETTER LISA!!!

MY 4th PS IS A FEW DAYS AWAY. I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH A FRIEND THAT LIVES DOWN IN FL WHICH I ONLY SEE EVERY FEW YEARS. SHE SAID PAM, ARE YOU THAT UNHAPPY WITH YOURSELF? I WAS SOOO TAKEN BACK BY THAT. GOD NO, NOT AT ALL. ANYONE THAT KNOWS KNOWS ME KNOWS THAT. HECK AFTER THE TT I COULD'VE STOPPED AND BEEN MORE THEN ECSTATIC!!! I JUST LOVE THE RESULTS!!! BUT THERE WAS JUST A FEW OTHER THING I WANTED DONE SO WHAT THE HECK.

ANYWAY LOL

CHEERS MS LISA TO HAPPY HEALTHY LIVING :)

p.s. do you get the free panty cards they mail out from victoria's secret? they help ;)

Best,

Lisa

Lena, I am very sorry for your loss!

And as always ... THANK YOU LISA ><'

This is exactly what I needed to hear/see!

I'm on a major plateau and with little restriction I have a hard time right now (my band closed shut for no reason - I had an unfill and now have to wait for another fill) ... so I decided, whatever the weight might be ... beginning of December, I will have my ETT/LBL and AL.

You really look s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g !!!

Hey Ute,

The PS really does gets the weight loss going - the tummy fat is the hardest to lose and once it gone your body can really focus on the other areas. That's when I saw my greatest drop in weight was a few months after the ETT.

I was older and bigger before than many and that’s why I finally thought I better get a picture up, I know I’m not the only one with an apron and stretch marks due to my previous size. It’s harder to deal with and more work in regards to plastic surgery and exercise – but the results are so worth it. He actually took of nearly 7 pounds and over a foot of skin at the widest in my tummy tuck. Pretty scary…. So if you are in my boat – there is hope – just be honest with yourself about the results – if you have stretch marks above your belly button, they will be below it, if you scar badly with your band surgery, you will most likely have bad scars, you decide what’s more important. For me it was not to carry around an inner tube hanging lose around my waste and not to have a fold of skin hanging down. I also had lippo on my back and sides to bring in the curves, when you go all the way around at times you can be really straight wasted.

The truth is I can look at most peoples before pictures and have a good idea of who’s in my boat; we all have the same body type. It’s hard to see but my scar does go all the way around my back and it’s just two inches apart – (that area has whitened out and it’s harder to see). And I have friends who have an apron and it doesn't bother them - all the more power to them! If you want PS great, if you don’t, fine – I think its funny how some people get so emotional – that’s not what it’s about. Simply put, its personal preference

One important note - I made certain requests, I didn’t want the pulled tummy (were you could bounce a quarter on it) I wanted a small round belly button, and I wanted straight scars. (None of the curvy wiggly stuff). Make sure to think about what you want and ask for it – they will tell you there are no promises – but they normally will try – I got everything I asked for. (And I know he had all sorts of problems with my belly button, he said it kept trying to go big and he finally got it small).

I’m still getting cortisone shots in my scars and trying other products for my stretch marks, but the truth is – I will take those any day over an apron.

Pammie, you need to call me – I want to talk about the lift you’re having – that’s what I’m trying to book. I’m having surgery on my jaw Thursday so that’s really messed me up – call me please!

(And for those of you who sent me the emails, thank you)!

Best,

Lisa

One important note - I made certain requests, I didn’t want the pulled tummy (were you could bounce a quarter on it) I wanted a small round belly button, and I wanted straight scars. (None of the curvy wiggly stuff). Make sure to think about what you want and ask for it – they will tell you there are no promises – but they normally will try – I got everything I asked for. (And I know he had all sorts of problems with my belly button, he said it kept trying to go big and he finally got it small).

Hey Lisa--

Did your doctor speak to you about options, or had you researched it a lot? For instance, when you mention the "pulled tummy", is that a term your doctor used, or did you already know to tell him you didn't want it? I have a consult for a tummy tuck with my plastic surgeon on Monday, 8/10, and I really want to go in informed. He would like me to lose 10-20 more pounds prior to surgery, but I got the impression it wasn't a deal breaker if I didn't. He did my upper and lower eyelid surgery in '06 and I really love how it looks (still). You had also mentioned in a post elsewhere that you had lipo in certain areas to achieve a curve in your shape. Did you ask him for that? Sorry so many questions. Diana

Did I read here that a breast lift is $2800 at Cosmed. OH MY GOD, WHERE DO I SIGN UP!!! I want one!! My only fear is they will be smaller. I dont want them smaller. And this tummy tuck idea, LOVE IT. Want one of those too. But I wonder what about the port. When they do the tummy tuck, what do they do about the port. I am afraid that they would hurt it. I like that I am losing weight but this stomach is not going down. A tummy tuck would be so great. How much is one of those? I bet that hurts something bad. I got a breast reduction in 1997 and it was terrible, the scares are awful, there are even spots where you can feel my ribs. I would want some of my stomach fat packed into the spots where they took too much on my breast. I wonder if that is possible. I am going to save up and call Cosmed. Does the $2800 include the stay down there?

Hey Diana,

I did exactly what you’re doing right now -

I asked people who had tummy tucks what they liked, didn’t like, what they would change. I then went out on the internet and looked at hundreds of before and after pictures – found what I liked and what I didn’t like. I then brought my concerns, questions and preferences to my doctor. He helped me to understand what were realistic ideas of what I could expect, and what he could try to provide.

Below is a great website to look at hundreds of tummy tucks. I tried to find one’s I liked and ones I didn’t like, I also looked for people who I thought might scar like me and see what they looked like. For example my scars tend to keloid so I looked for girls like me to have an understanding of what I could expect. In regards to lippo, Dr Nyte recommended it, I explained that it was important to me to have curves - he explained that lippo really helps to bring them back - I listened to him and it did.

http://www.locateadoc.com/pictures/cosmeti...tummy-tuck.html

Hey Stormy,

I did have a breast lift, but not at Cosmo, however I've only heard great things about them. From my experiance , they do get smaller - but its fine since they are much perkier and higher and they look bigger - however I did have an aug 6 months later - missed the D's and wanted them back. In regards to the TT quesion, I know that my doctor works around the port and so do the doctors at Cosmo - you do want someone that has experience working with us - they can't pull down from as high up as a normal pt without the port - but it still looks fine. From my past research it doesn't include the stay - but its a great price. Also it wasn't that bad for me - I was just so happy to have that "thing" gone.

Dr Nyte has a special were a tummy tuck is $3950, http://www.nytesurgical.com/index.cfm/PageID/2966

Have fun exploring and researching!

Lisa

Did I read here that a breast lift is $2800 at Cosmed. OH MY GOD, WHERE DO I SIGN UP!!! I want one!! My only fear is they will be smaller. I dont want them smaller. And this tummy tuck idea, LOVE IT. Want one of those too. But I wonder what about the port. When they do the tummy tuck, what do they do about the port. I am afraid that they would hurt it. I like that I am losing weight but this stomach is not going down. A tummy tuck would be so great. How much is one of those? I bet that hurts something bad. I got a breast reduction in 1997 and it was terrible, the scares are awful, there are even spots where you can feel my ribs. I would want some of my stomach fat packed into the spots where they took too much on my breast. I wonder if that is possible. I am going to save up and call Cosmed. Does the $2800 include the stay down there?

Hey Stormy,, check out my plastic surgery blog here at the forum. It pretty much gives you a step by step idea on what takes place with a tummy tuck and what I had,, which was the extreme, the Lower Body Lift (LBL). After losing all my weight, my port stuck out, like a jaw breaker under my skin. Dr. Quiroz at Cosmed relocated it one level deeper during the LBL. Now I can only feel it by touch.

Oh Lena,

So sorry to read of this! You've been missed here! How are you doing?

Thanks tootsie, it's been rough, it's also been non stop trying to get his daughter(that will live with us) settled in and signed up at the local Community college. she's 17, turns 18 in Oct. but her mom died 4 yrs ago & there's just 1 aunt on her mom side and us. so she chose here plus My husband is her Godfather.......... So it's all around hard these days

Best,

Lisa

Thanks Lisa - My brother in law had emphysema & just wouldn't stop smoking, however it was conjunctive heart failure that he died from shame...............

BUT

WOW your tummy looks wonderful unbelievable wonderful....

Oh my God that looks so painful. Maybe I just need to exersise more. I am scarred of that much pain. I am not sure how much pain a tummy tuck has but it is scarry to think about it. I sure would like this stomach to go down.

Hey Stormy,, check out my plastic surgery blog here at the forum. It pretty much gives you a step by step idea on what takes place with a tummy tuck and what I had,, which was the extreme, the Lower Body Lift (LBL). After losing all my weight, my port stuck out, like a jaw breaker under my skin. Dr. Quiroz at Cosmed relocated it one level deeper during the LBL. Now I can only feel it by touch.

Hey Stormy--

I had a C-section 21 years ago with my son. It was pretty painful. But, in addition, then I had a little baby to take care of, boobs that seemed to triple in size over night, and hormones out the you-know-what. I figure a TT will probably be just as painful as that, but now I have a couple of grown kids to help me, no milk let-down issues, and no (addtional) hormone issues. :) So I am not worried too much about the pain. My bigger issue is when can I get it. My mom is getting hip replacement surgery, and I'm worried if I get the TT before she has her surgery, that when I go up north to help her with her recovery I won't be healed well enough to help her if she needs lifting, etc. I can't wait for the consult, though. Since I was going to be there anyway, I scheduled Botox, as well.

Oh my God that looks so painful. Maybe I just need to exersise more. I am scarred of that much pain. I am not sure how much pain a tummy tuck has but it is scarry to think about it. I sure would like this stomach to go down.

The LBL is the hardest plastic surgery to recover from. It's Brutal! There's a lot of healing issues and complications that go with it. But, if you want to get rid of the big apron that's hanging almost 360 degrees around you, it's the only way to go. But,, not everyone has healing issues or complications. But you got to be prepared for them.

The LBL is the hardest plastic surgery to recover from. It's Brutal! There's a lot of healing issues and complications that go with it. But, if you want to get rid of the big apron that's hanging almost 360 degrees around you, it's the only way to go. But,, not everyone has healing issues or complications. But you got to be prepared for them.

what does a LBL do that a tummy tuck wouldn't in terms of that 'apron'?

for me, its only my stomach that doesn't fit with the rest of me.

what does a LBL do that a tummy tuck wouldn't in terms of that 'apron'?

for me, its only my stomach that doesn't fit with the rest of me.

The LBL goes all the way around to the middle of your back, it gets rid of the apron and those "large" love handles. I have about an inch space above the middle of my butt where I wasn't cut. Dr. Quiroz stated that the LBL was like cutting you in half and putting you back together. If you only need the front of you done,, that's great. But years of being overweight "very obese" took its toll on me. I needed the LBL.