I went to Cosmed

shiney42

I"m waiting until i reach my goal weight, of around 155-160lbs.

i want to make sure i'm removing all of the extra skin, and don't wan to return for revisions, or modifications as my body really changes shape when I drop my bodyfat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK So while I was down in TJ getting my first fill I made a few Plastic surgeon consultation.

I’ve already been to Cosmed the last time I was there & needed to visit them this time too. I had my last session of Fraxel done & then I asked for my laugh lines to go. I feel very comfortable @ Cosmed and developed a relationship with both doctors

However I just needed to Look around and see what else was out there.

So I set up 2 appointments while I was there besides going back to Cosmed for the last Fraxel session..

Well the first appointment my cab driver took me to 4 different places & We never found it. Which kinda said a lot in it’s self

The second appointment Doctor Gutierrez

http://www.tijuana-cosmetic-surgery.com/

His clinic is under construction so everything will be new, Staff was warm & friendly. He seems like a wonderful doctor( I would still do research cause I haven’t fully checked him out).

He offered

Boobs & TT for 7,000 with a lift 7,400

Lipo in 2 sections 2,500

That’s 1- 2 nights at his clinic and and 50 bucks for blood work

Cosmed offer was

$3,500 - TT with Liposculpture of back & sides

$2,500 - BL with implant

$800 for Surgical fee’s

$180 - Blood & pain meds

Now add in my plane fare $250 & 4 days @ The Lucerna.

Cosmed will send a nurse to my room to change all bandages for an extra 20 dollars a EACH DAY

Goshhhhhhhhhhh It sure adds up fast. So what’s your thoughts? Please feel free

So what do you think about these prices?

All opinion are welcome.

All advise is welcome

And if anyone thinks I should get another consultation by another doctor please give me the infor I would need....

Thank You

Lena

Hey Lena!

Can I ask you--when you get these quoted figures, do they tell you how long they are good for? My local PS office compiled for me a full 4-page estimate of the different things we talked about and what the charges would be with certain procedures done together. I was just wondering if a certain amount of time goes by before you can make the trip to get the surgery, does the estimate "expire"? Just curious how that works.

• 1 month later...
Ok So I was band on May 20th, I stood an extra day to have a consultation at Cosmed.

While there I did some Botox And lips fillers also Fraxel This way when I go back in 6 weeks I can have my last session of fraxel done.

My face is swollen and the lips need to go down a bit but I am loving it...... Also everyone was Great there, & the prices were un beatable!

Can I ask how much cosmed charged for the Botox and the fraxel? I sent them an online inquiry but haven't heard back yet.

Lena, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, hope you're doing OK!

Its been a great topic, and made me think about the changes I've made in this area.

I am actually very shy about my body and have never posted this link before - as you can see I was pretty big at my tummy tuck, 200 pounds. (This is a bit hard for me). And the back and side fat he lippo'd out has never come back - and I've always had it no matter how thin I'd get.

http://www.nytesurgical.com/index.cfm/Acti...513/PageID/2968

We each need to make our own decisions on the surgery, I'm glad I chose my surgeon, I've had 3 surgeries with Dr Nyte and I'm going in for my fourth later this month.

I'm a big believer in plastic surgery, it can make great changes in your life - I don't think I could have gotten into exercise like I did with that big tummy around my middle - no way, no how. I know the cost is high, but the rewards are worth it if you can do it, and its something you want - go for it, you’re worth it. (However the need to buy all those expensive little underwears that are so cute and you just can't pass up - can be costly)....

Best,

Lisa

Wow that is amazing. I would have never thought you could have a tummy tuck at 200 pounds. How long between the first picture and the second picture? Do you know how many pounds of fat were cut off?

I still cant get over the transformation. I will need surgery for sure when I get close to my goal . Dr Miranda set it at 175 pounds. Do you mind me asking how much it cost for the tummy tuck. It looks like you had an extended tummy tuck is that right? How long was your recovery. I live on Vancouver Island so I would have to stay and heal I would think for several days.

Any extra info can share would be very helpful

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us. I still just can't get over it. I look at your before pictures and your after pictures and you don't even look like the same person.

Well done!

Debbie

Hey Debbie,

The before (was taken the day before my surgery) I was 200 pounds. The after was taken over a year after my surgery (around 139). I’m 129 currently.

Over 6 pounds of skin and fat were cut off – can’t remember how many were lippo’d. I did have an extended – my scar goes around my back and was about 2 inches apart – weird thing is that its now about 3 inches.

I had my surgery on a Friday – took the following week off and was back to work on the next Monday – Dr Nyte said to take 10 days off – I counted that Friday of surgery as one of my days….. Because I had extended and lippo I paid 8k his prices have gone down considerably, his tummy tucks have been running $3950 on special.

Thanks so much Debbie for the sweet words, it is hard sometimes to share these personal pictures – I’ve personally received some pretty hard mail before because of it, but I understand that it helps more than it annoys a few.

My goal was to completely change myself before I hit 50, I really have been pushing the bar, sometime too much. I really did not like myself when I was big, I know some people are happy at a larger size but I was miserable. But we have to be careful - the same thing can happen if we get too skinny and I'm watching myself very carefully right now. I'm extremely muscular and tone - if you looked at me you would not know I was ever morbidly obese, unless you looked at my butte' that’s a hard place to build muscle. But I’m working on it. (Need some junk in my trunk)

Best,

Lisa

Thanks for all the info Lisa. I am grateful to people like you on the board who share some pretty personal things. It is your openess that helped me to start this journey and once I reach 200 pounds i will definetly start looking to have an extended tummy tuck and breast lift. I am 51 years old now and like you was never happy when I was large. I can hardly wait to kiss the 200's goodbye . I know for sure when I started this lap band journey that it is also the start of a brand new life for me , and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks again

Debbie

• 2 months later...

I have close to 200 people that work for me in Canada, and my company pays additional insurance premiums to insure they are taken care of in regards to medical, dental and vision.

I know more than I want to about medical and employment laws in CA. it’s amazing in some areas, and lacking in others as noted Red. However it’s better than what we have in the States, since its open to all. That is an amazing benefit. (And it has amazing people, I've got the best team located there - totally kick butte).

Hi Lisa, I have been away for a while and now I'm back looking for help about plastic surgery, I think you had some face work done and you look beautiful! Kid you have all your work done by Dr Nyte? I would love to ask you lots of questions before I make this investment in myself. Barb1107@live.com and I will give you my telephone number. I know you are a great teacher and inspiration to so many on this site. thanks Lisa, Barb

• 2 months later...

Shiney..............how much did your injections cost you? I will be talking to Dr. Q on Monday about BL and lipo and injections.

Cheap! I think the botox was like 300, that was for in bdetween the eyes - whats called the frown and then he hits ya with some over each eyebrow so it lifts...Worth every penny....

Cheap! I think the botox was like 300, that was for in bdetween the eyes - whats called the frown and then he hits ya with some over each eyebrow so it lifts...Worth every penny....

wow he is giving me a quote for BL and revision TT and massive lipo

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from Mexico a few weeks ago for a face lift, eyes and boobs. The doctor was very carful not to do too much. The anitheiologist (sp) had me use the twightlight while the doctor worked on my face, then he put me under for the boobs. I was on the table for 7 hours. I love my doctor and the outcome. I have boobs for the first time in my life that do not point down! And all the loose skin on my neck is gone. His prices are great and he works with you on helping to transportation and where to stay, just talk to his surgery planer Giselle...she is wonderful and so helpful, they always answer the phone. Dr Campose took 2 hours the day before surgery for my consult and took pictures the the next day just befor ethe surgery. Barbar Sawyer highly reccomends him! I paid 8K for all his work, and everything else, including my flight, and 10 stay in a healing house. I will be bringing a freinds this winter to see him for work, we will stay in SD this time and all be there for each other...it can be quite a bonding experince.

There were a total of 4 ladies at the healing house that had lipo and the fat put into their butts. They loved it, two of them were from my Dr Campose and he does a great job, I did not ask what the cost was, they were laying on their sides and belly and one lady said that the lipo hurt worse then the butt. Another lady was there to have a touch up and her doctor paid to fly her in for the touch up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok So I was band on May 20th, I stood an extra day to have a consultation at Cosmed.

While there I did some Botox And lips fillers also Fraxel This way when I go back in 6 weeks I can have my last session of fraxel done.

My face is swollen and the lips need to go down a bit but I am loving it...... Also everyone was Great there, & the prices were un beatable!

Ok, so where is Cosmed and what did it cost? I've always said I need either bigger lips or a smaller nose, LOL. I'm thinking it's 'cheaper to get the bigger lips. I am going to get banded soon, is it close? Can you do it in one visit? I had no idea there were other services...

Hey Debbie,

The before (was taken the day before my surgery) I was 200 pounds. The after was taken over a year after my surgery (around 139). I’m 129 currently.

Over 6 pounds of skin and fat were cut off – can’t remember how many were lippo’d. I did have an extended – my scar goes around my back and was about 2 inches apart – weird thing is that its now about 3 inches.

I had my surgery on a Friday – took the following week off and was back to work on the next Monday – Dr Nyte said to take 10 days off – I counted that Friday of surgery as one of my days….. Because I had extended and lippo I paid 8k his prices have gone down considerably, his tummy tucks have been running $3950 on special.

Thanks so much Debbie for the sweet words, it is hard sometimes to share these personal pictures – I’ve personally received some pretty hard mail before because of it, but I understand that it helps more than it annoys a few.

My goal was to completely change myself before I hit 50, I really have been pushing the bar, sometime too much. I really did not like myself when I was big, I know some people are happy at a larger size but I was miserable. But we have to be careful - the same thing can happen if we get too skinny and I'm watching myself very carefully right now. I'm extremely muscular and tone - if you looked at me you would not know I was ever morbidly obese, unless you looked at my butte' that’s a hard place to build muscle. But I’m working on it. (Need some junk in my trunk)

Best,

Lisa

HOLY COW!!! You look absolutely AMAZING!!!! Where did you get all the work done? I'm so excited right now, I feel invincible! I always thought that even if I get thin, will I ever look good? You have made me realize that I can and will look good! I am so inspried1

What is fraxel and where did you get the botox in your lips and for how much?

• 1 month later...

Can I ask what they charged for all of this?

Thanks

Hi

Where is Cosmed? is this the same place everyone else is talking about for PS? I am beginning to think about saving for some "work" as a final goal for the new me..ideas and comments would be great! My 50th gift to myself!

Hi

Where is Cosmed? is this the same place everyone else is talking about for PS? I am beginning to think about saving for some "work" as a final goal for the new me..ideas and comments would be great! My 50th gift to myself!

Cosmed is a one block West and one block South from the Lucerna Hotel. It's about 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel. It would be faster, but you got to cross the Avenue of the Hero's,, which can be scary. LOL

Cosmed is in the process of building a new Plastic Surgery Center, but an completion/grand opening date hasn't been set. Hopefully it will open next spring. Here's a link to their new website Cosmed Plastic Surgery Clinic