Fluoroscopic Fills in Western Canada

Hello

Does any one have information on Doctors that do Fluoroscopic Fills in Western Canada. I would perfer to go to the OCC for the fill but with my work schedule until mid October, I might not be able to make it there for the first fill which should be about the end of Aug. I would like to be perpared with a second option if possible, so if any one has information on Fill Doctors in Western Canada that use Flouroscope, I would appreciat it.

Thanks

Hi

I see I am not getting any response so I will narrow the field a bit. I am from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I would perfer to go back to the OCC for my fill but because of my work schedule until late October or November, I am not sure that I will be able to. My second option would be to find a fill doctor that uses X-ray fluoroscope to do the fills in Calgary, perferably. If no luck, then in Alberta and if still no luck perhaps in a neighboring province. I was banded on June 24/09 and will probably get my first fill in early September. Just wondering if any one from Western Canada knows of a Doctors that does fills with X-ray fluoroscope. I have heard of a few of the fill doctors in my area but they do not use X-ray fluoroscope to do the fills to my knowledge.

If you fly to Vancouver, you can drive 2-hours to Northwest Fill Management in Washington. They're nurses, not doctors, but they offer fluoro.

Sabrina:)

Hi Sabrina

Thank you so much for that info. That definately would be an option and especially since my son lives in Seattle, I could go to visit him as well and stay the night. I was just hoping I would not have to take two days out of my schedule at that time! Do you have the contact info for them?

Hi Carrol,

Just to let you know I have taken a couple of day trips to OCC from Calgary for a fill.

I've boarded a plane at 6am arrived in SanDiego for about 12.

The OCC pick me up and take me to the clinic for an adjustment and then return me to the airport for a 4/5ish pm flight back to Calgary.

I usually book through Expedia. Its a long day, but doable.

Hi Carrol,

Just to let you know I have taken a couple of day trips to OCC from Calgary for a fill.

I've boarded a plane at 6am arrived in SanDiego for about 12.

The OCC pick me up and take me to the clinic for an adjustment and then return me to the airport for a 4/5ish pm flight back to Calgary.

I usually book through Expedia. Its a long day, but doable.

Hi Nicolek

Thanks for the advice. I might just have to do that!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nicole, how much does a trip like this typically cost?

How are you feeling now after all you have been through?

Do you have anyone who can do the fill without the X-ray fluoroscope in Calgary. I just had one done without it, in Ottawa, and the doctor told me that the port was so accessible and well placed that he had no difficulty doing it. It didnt hurt and went extremely well. If you can't find what you are looking for, you might consider this. Good luck!

Hi Nicole, how much does a trip like this typically cost?

How are you feeling now after all you have been through?

Hi jen

I'm usually spending $600 including fill and transfers. I'm feeling much better still on fluids but NO pain.

• 1 month later...

Let me know if you find someone! I have had problems with my port and the doctor in red deer does not want to try it again. The first time he was in the wrong place and the second time they did not have the right needle and now he wants to move it or thinks i should go back to occ. I think he is just trying to get rid of me. Anyways let me know if you do find someone!

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi Nicolek

Thanks for the advice. I might just have to do that!

Hi Carrol,

I am just starting to look into banding and I am wondering if you found anyone to do your fills in Calgary or the surrounding area. I am worried that I will get all the banding and be super happy then have no where to go if there is a problem and I can't get to the OCC. I don'have a family doctor at the moment and am wondering where to start.

Any advice for a newbie?

I had my last fill at the grande prairie hospital. Free if you get a requisition from your doctor. You just have to fax it in to radiology. Dr.Jim in radiology does it.

Honestly though,I would fly back. I will next time. It just wasnt the same, arent as gental etc. and just not the same. But it is under flouro. You can get flights from calgary on westjet sometimes round trip for about $250

• 1 month later...

Hi Carrol,

I am just starting to look into banding and I am wondering if you found anyone to do your fills in Calgary or the surrounding area. I am worried that I will get all the banding and be super happy then have no where to go if there is a problem and I can't get to the OCC. I don'have a family doctor at the moment and am wondering where to start.

Any advice for a newbie?

Testing one two three