Challenge....please join me!

Hey ya'll. I have made a decision. For the longest, I have been weighing myself twice a day.....yes....a bit over the top I know. That being said, I want to stop being a scale whore. :o

Here is my new plan of action. I am going to weigh in on Wed on this board. I've already put my plan of action into progress and stopped stepping on the scale. I'd love some support! I am finding myself wanting to step on the scale. *bites finger nails* I didn't weigh myself last night or this morning. Boy was it temping too! Anyway, will you join me???

Margaret posted a post last weekish, that talked about the ways we hender our weight loss. Very profound post by the way! Loved it! I thought about several things I am doing as a result of the topic. Ahhh gotta love some self reflection. Pain torture....choke! Just kidding! Ha!

What I realized is lately I have been managing my weight. Kinda like I am at goal and holding, only I am not nearly close to goal. By stepping on the scale so much, if I go up a tency bit, I get stricked. If I go down a 1lb I REWARD MYSELF! WITH FOOD! AHHHHHHHHHH! Not a huge change in behavior for me, cuz let's face it food has been my best and worst friend for a while now. HOWEVER~~~~I am working on change....so I am confessing what I know to be true, and working on a different solution. An yes, I know I need to find a different way to reward myself....but for me I have fallen back in the good old stand by.....FOOD.

My hubby likes that I weigh in and thinks I am making a.....well hasty decision. Which I can see his point, however I want to give this a go. If I don't weight in all the time it will leave me wondering what my weight is like. If I don't know if I can

"AFFORD" a tastey treat, then I won't want to gamble....ya see fokes, I am not a gambler by nature. I like the security of restults.

So, with out going on and on. I am asking you to join me if you want. If you are already in the mode of a once a week or month weigh in, please share any and all pearls of wisdom you can offer. I am white knuckling it right now and I am being honest. NOT STEPPING ON THE SCALE IS HARD FOR ME.

whiteknuckel.jpg

• Like 2

Angie, I hear ya! Since I saw that I lost six pounds last week and was in the 160's, it's like I've given myself a free pass- I ate way too much crap on the weekend and now I'm afraid to step on the scale. I guess I'll see what kind of damge has been done tomorrow. This will be VERY hard for me (I weigh morning and night too) but I will try staying off the scale except on Wednesdays...we'll se if it helps with my head games! Good luck!

Sabrina:)

• Like 1

Angie!

I love the fact that you can admit that you are a scale Whore...TOO FUNNY!!! I am glad to hear that I am not thing only one too! wheewww ;)

I have never really looked at the part about stepping on the scales are rewarding myself with the weight loss but OMGoshh you are SO correct. I did good this week or I did not gain, so lets go to Starbucks...WOW do I have this very wrong! Thanks for pointing this out to me and making me understand this!!!!

I would LOVE to join in with you! You have such great ideas and WONDERFUL advice, why would we not all want to join in with you!!!

Love ya girl!

Carrie

I'll join you. I too am a "scale whore" I weigh twice a day. I went to the lapband dr. yesterday (I was banded in NE Texas) and have lost a total of 68 lbs since being banded Feb. 4. I actually lost 2 lbs over Thanksgiving. I can't imagine life without the band. So here's to only weighing in on Wed. Good luck on the discipline. I may have to have hubby hide my scale (lol).

Yes! I am glad I won't be going this all by my lonesome! Together we can do great things. Plus, a bit of postive pressure never hurt me one bit! If I know you gals are doing it with my I will be stronger because of you!

Sadly I have been more obsessed with the scale than I have say.... the stinking RULES! LOL I really want to find a happy medium here. (living my life and loosing weight) I've been stuck/steady at the weight I am at and really want to see a change of numbers.

Oh as one of my non food rewards I had bought myself a chenille super duper soft robe. The largest size they had at the store was an XL. So I bought it as a reward for myself. (As well as a future reward for when it does fit...I mean really fit!)

I think I will take a picture of me in it to post on here. So you all can see how it fits on me and what my next big goal is! Let's hope it fits in the winter as it is a warm robe, not a cool summer robe! LOL No pressure Angie.....Ugh!

Steph, Sabrina, and Carrie - I heart you guys! Thanks for joining in. Now, if I slip and fall on the scale by accident...*giggles*....(I am not planning on doing that either by the way) I promise to come here and spill it.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Weigh in Wednesday!!! I am going to remove the temptation of weighing in during the week too. Gonna take the scale and put in the basement! Yes! That is right the basement! Out of site out of mind! I am telling ya, I have a scale issue!

For anyone that wants to join us, we have under "lap band testimonials" a weigh-in Wednesday. I am bad about weighing in too much, but that is my only day that it "counts". We also have one under "diet and food" where we all journal our food each day. Helps me be accountable and i'm not a good liar so it keeps me honest!!

Angie,

I started out 2 weeks ago with the best of intentions to weigh only once per week but as you can tell by my signature, I have been weighing myself every other day or 3 to 4 times per week!!! And like you have been tempted to weigh everyday! To be honest the only way I have been able to maintain weighing every other day is trying to focus on how my body feels to me in the morning when I wake up and wait a day to see if my intuition is correct. For example if I wake up and feel thinner and lighter then I will sit with that for awhile and enjoy that feeling for a day before I weigh in. When I do weigh in I find that 9 times out of 10 my intuition is correct. Now if I can only streach that out to once per week.

I have known for a long time that weighing in more than once a week can actually hinder the weight loss process. As you already know Angie, our body weight fluctuates on a daily basis and it becomes a roller coaster ride if you are trying to keep up. The doctor I had my initial band consultation with even said that he did not want me stepping on a scale at all and that my only weigh in's would be in his office. Makes sense if you think about it. We become so obsessed with a number on a mechine that we do not see the bigger picture in terms of lost inches, increased energy, better self esteem, healthier skin and dare I say hydration in the form of next to clear pee and regularity!

I am on board with you! Once a week it is! (Oh my God this is going to be hard!) I will not be weighing in on Wednesdays though. Sunday morning is my weigh in (you know, beginning of the week thing...plus it keeps me honest on Fridays and Saturdays :P ) Let me know if you are okay with me recording my Sunday weight on Wednesdays to follow.

Suzpars - Glad you are joining in! Awesome! WOW 68 lbs! That is really fantastic! Can you just bask in that glory! Congrats! I am with you on the "hubby hiding the scale", if I find myself tempted to go to the basement I just may have him hide mine too! Ha!

Shelby - Ha! You had me fooled! Here I thought you only weighed in once a week! LOL I really thought that the only day you stepped on the scale was Wed! I love the food logs and weigh in's. I get some good ideas of what people are eating which is cool.

Bogiesmom - glad you can join in the fun. Of course you can put Sundays numbers on Wed! I love to see eveyone's progress. It keeps me plugged in. Not to mention grounded. Welcome aboard

I actually don't even have a scale! Insane! I know I need to get one, but the choices are just too many. I have never wanted to spend the money on a good so I've been buying crummy ones for awhile. I will be getting a good one. I'll do weigh-in Wed's too!

I actually don't even have a scale! Insane! I know I need to get one, but the choices are just too many. I have never wanted to spend the money on a good so I've been buying crummy ones for awhile. I will be getting a good one. I'll do weigh-in Wed's too!

Very cool! Glad to have another person on board for fun and support.

I felt urges tonight to step on the scale....I restisted. :D

Angie you always crack me out. Scale whore I have never heard anything so funny :D

I weigh on Saturdays but always mark it down wednesdays with everyone else. Usually I weigh in every morning but I will join you all and try to only weigh once a week.

I went from weighing about 6 times a day to once and day and was happy with that. But I Think I will go for the once a week weigh in as well.

Good luck everyone

Debbie

• Like 1

Yeah i'm really bad about getting on the scale! But i'm gonna try to work hard like you all and lay off. It really isn't good and it's become just a habit in the morning.

If you are looking for a scale, I recommend the Weight Watchers one - I bought it at Target for not much - can't remember how much but i've had it almost 5 years and it is holding strong and seems to stay consistent.

Debbie - I can see why you would weight yourself so much....everytime you step in the scale it would be a different number! Speed looser aka Debbie! Welcome!

Shelby - I have a WW scale and love it....

Hahahahahah. Your such a hoot Angie. I love reading this forum before I go to work because someone always makes me chuckle :)

Debbie

Hi Angie,

Yep, I am with you!!! I plan on totally avoiding my scale until Wednesday. It will be hard, but will do it....

I also have a WW scale. I got it at Costco and love it too!!!

Well, I need to get going and shower. I have been sick and I have errands to run and things to clean...

Hugs to all,

Kristi

It's Thursday and ........ugh! I wanted to weigh myself. I did right by me and did not step on the scale.....boy did I ever want to!

Glad you guys are in this with me....gives me the positive pressure I needed. Disappointing myself, not so hard to do....all of you give me strength!

Now how are you all doing.....am I the only one fighting the scale urge?? Temptation is a strong force....are you doing okay. Can I do anything to help you make this goal? Let me know....I am here for you like you are here for me!

Gotcha back sista girl!

Love ya all!

Angie

Hi Angie. I goofed today. My system in the morning is roll out bed and make it. Stumble into the bathroom to pee and then automatically stand on the scales. Would never think of weighing before I pee cause that could add weight LOL

I have been doing this soooooooooooo long it is just a pattern.

So without thinking I did it today. Realized when my weight came up that I was not supposed to be weighing today. Ooops :(

So not a good start to this challenge. I will have to take the scales out of the bathroom and then it will be out of sight out of mind. Tomorrow is another day !

Have a good one

Im off to save the world

Debbie

Hi Angie. I goofed today. My system in the morning is roll out bed and make it. Stumble into the bathroom to pee and then automatically stand on the scales. Would never think of weighing before I pee cause that could add weight LOL

So without thinking I did it today. Realized when my weight came up that I was not supposed to be weighing today. Ooops :(

So not a good start to this challenge. I will have to take the scales out of the bathroom and then it will be out of sight out of mind. Tomorrow is another day !

Have a good one

Im off to save the world

Debbie

Debbie - I completely understand. Oh, not only do I pee first, I then strip off my nightgown as well. I am a believer in weighing in the buff! Ha!

Not all to certain about my decision, but I did not take the scale out of the bathroom. It was hard not to fall on it by accident.....hee hee hee, but it was do-able...

I am wondering if I am self torturing myself by leaving it there to taughnt me.....Ah, I will be so happy when I gain some momentum with the anti scale whore.

diet_lady.jpg

Nurses like you make the world we live in a better, healthier place! Save on woman! Save on!

Hey ya'll. I have made a decision. For the longest, I have been weighing myself twice a day.....yes....a bit over the top I know. That being said, I want to stop being a scale whore. :o

Here is my new plan of action. I am going to weigh in on Wed on this board. I've already put my plan of action into progress and stopped stepping on the scale. I'd love some support! I am finding myself wanting to step on the scale. *bites finger nails* I didn't weigh myself last night or this morning. Boy was it temping too! Anyway, will you join me???

Margaret posted a post last weekish, that talked about the ways we hender our weight loss. Very profound post by the way! Loved it! I thought about several things I am doing as a result of the topic. Ahhh gotta love some self reflection. Pain torture....choke! Just kidding! Ha!

What I realized is lately I have been managing my weight. Kinda like I am at goal and holding, only I am not nearly close to goal. By stepping on the scale so much, if I go up a tency bit, I get stricked. If I go down a 1lb I REWARD MYSELF! WITH FOOD! AHHHHHHHHHH! Not a huge change in behavior for me, cuz let's face it food has been my best and worst friend for a while now. HOWEVER~~~~I am working on change....so I am confessing what I know to be true, and working on a different solution. An yes, I know I need to find a different way to reward myself....but for me I have fallen back in the good old stand by.....FOOD.

My hubby likes that I weigh in and thinks I am making a.....well hasty decision. Which I can see his point, however I want to give this a go. If I don't weight in all the time it will leave me wondering what my weight is like. If I don't know if I can

"AFFORD" a tastey treat, then I won't want to gamble....ya see fokes, I am not a gambler by nature. I like the security of restults.

So, with out going on and on. I am asking you to join me if you want. If you are already in the mode of a once a week or month weigh in, please share any and all pearls of wisdom you can offer. I am white knuckling it right now and I am being honest. NOT STEPPING ON THE SCALE IS HARD FOR ME.

whiteknuckel.jpg

Hi Angie,

I will come on board with the Wednesday Weigh in's... I too weigh myself each morning and have been doing it for years. UP AND DOWN over and over again. But so excited that for now it will be DOWN DOWN DOWN ! I love reading your post!!! Thank you so much for being here for all of us.

ok, I already weighed this morning so SORRY .. I do my best and move the scale to the garage and see how that works.

Janice

Have a good one

Im off to save the world

Debbie

That is exactly my morning routine. I resisted today even thought I REALLY wanted to get on the scale. Stay Strong everyone. Just 6 more days!

Hi Angie,

I will come on board with the Wednesday Weigh in's... I too weigh myself each morning and have been doing it for years. UP AND DOWN over and over again. But so excited that for now it will be DOWN DOWN DOWN ! I love reading your post!!! Thank you so much for being here for all of us.

ok, I already weighed this morning so SORRY .. I do my best and move the scale to the garage and see how that works.

Janice

Janice - I have to say that not weighing myself makes me feel out of control. Ugh! I really do love my scale and this break up is BAD! LOL

That is exactly my morning routine. I resisted today even thought I REALLY wanted to get on the scale. Stay Strong everyone. Just 6 more days!

Suz - when I read six more days I was like ohhh only 6 more days *insert scarcastic tone here* Ugh! Then I remembered....I get to weigh in on Monday! On the heavy scale, but still.....oh I am so sad...really.

My honesty makes my dysfunctioninal ways glare at me....

I am sooo glad you all are doing this with me.

• Like 1

You guys crak me up - scale whore - baahaahaha. Well, I must confess, I too am a closet "scale whore" and I haven't even been banded yet. Only 34 days to wait. I would love to join you guys. I am trying to cut back and do a pre-preopt diet and I am driving myself crazy by jumping on the scales every morning. I already find myself doing what Debbie does, on the scale and not even knowing how I got there. :huh: Thank you all for being so honest, it sure helps knowing your not the only scale whore out there!

• Like 1

You guys crak me up - scale whore - baahaahaha. Well, I must confess, I too am a closet "scale whore" and I haven't even been banded yet. Only 34 days to wait. I would love to join you guys. I am trying to cut back and do a pre-preopt diet and I am driving myself crazy by jumping on the scales every morning. I already find myself doing what Debbie does, on the scale and not even knowing how I got there. :huh: Thank you all for being so honest, it sure helps knowing your not the only scale whore out there!

Hi my name is Angie, and I am a scale whore! I am not sure how it happened, I woke up one day and realize I had a problem. All I wanted to do was go to the bathroom and weigh myself. I knew it was bad when I started eating in the bathroom and sleeping in the tub! Ha! Totally kidding here!

Glad you could join us!

• Like 1