1. 1. Fill

• 1 to 3 @ OCC
    • 1 to 3 NOT @ OCC
    • 4 to 6 @ OCC
    • 4 to 6 NOT @ OCC
    • 7 to 10 @ OCC
    • 7 to 10 NOT @ OCC

Just wondering the difference of:

Fill's @ OCC and Fill's NOT AT @OCC ????? would love to know the difference !!!!!!!!

Fill's @ OCC and Fill's NOT AT @OCC ????? would love to know the difference !!!!!!!!

I have had 1 fill at OCC and 2 w/Dr. Fitzpatrick in Oregon. I don't know how to do the vote thing for my information.

Margie

I have had 1 fill at OCC and 2 w/Dr. Fitzpatrick in Oregon. I don't know how to do the vote thing for my information.

Margie

Clicked 1 fill @ OCC and 1 Fill for NOT @ OCC Thank you for voting... :wub:

Thanks for starting this vote. I have been trying to decide if I'm going back to OCC or to a doc. here in the states. Would love to see some info. on how many fills people are getting when they go back to OCC. I was told I would only need 2 or 3 for life at OCC.

Thanks for starting this vote. I have been trying to decide if I'm going back to OCC or to a doc. here in the states. Would love to see some info. on how many fills people are getting when they go back to OCC. I was told I would only need 2 or 3 for life at OCC.

I heard that also. Why only 2 or 3 if we go to the OCC? If that's the case, it's- hands down- a smarter idea. But why? I am really struggling trying to figure out who to use for my fills. Any suggestions in the Charlotte area? I'd even be willing to make a road trip for a good doctor. I just can't see myself driving to the OCC! And flights get costly.... any suggestions? Anyone have a fill doctor they LOVE??

I haven't had a fill yet. I'm torn about where to go. I kind of feel like I'll see how I'm feeling at 8 weeks to see where I go. There's a fill center here in Novato. My mom is interested in Cosmed, so we may go down together for my fill and her procedure.

I'm going back to OCC for my second fill with them. No one here on the island does fills with a fluorscope and I'm kinda' concerned about going to Northwest Washington State..have heard mixed reviews regarding the three fill centers down there...

Margie

Hi Margie--I'm going to OCC for my first fill and then I'm planning on going either to Dr. Fitzpatrick or the doctor from Fill Center in Salem. Are you happy with Dr. Fitzpatrick? I've heard nothing but good about her, so I'm leaning towards her, but I live in Salem, so it would be really convenient to use the doctor in Salem.

I have had 2 fills at the OCC. Both fills were at 3cc each for a total of 6cc. I have not gone anywhere else due to price. Since I live in Los Angeles I take Amtrak round trip. Total cost is $175.00 for fill & transportation, & parking. That is the cheapest rate around.

I am not sure about this 3 fills for life thing. I am pretty sure I am going back to the OCC the week of 2/15/2010 for my third fill and I still have 47 pounds to loose. That means my band should be getting looser at some point in the future which will require a fourth fill. Maybe most people do need only 2 or 3, then again I am not like most people and that is why I got the band to begin with. My matabolism is different then most others'.

Pay out of pocket for fills done elsewhere.

My fills here in Toronto are $150 each.

And I've had 5 in total.

And they don't use barium so it's really a guessing game, hence why I've had so many 'baby' fills to get to my sweet spot.

Hi Margie--I'm going to OCC for my first fill and then I'm planning on going either to Dr. Fitzpatrick or the doctor from Fill Center in Salem. Are you happy with Dr. Fitzpatrick? I've heard nothing but good about her, so I'm leaning towards her, but I live in Salem, so it would be really convenient to use the doctor in Salem.

I absolutely adore Dr. Fitzpatrick. I'm pretty sure I'm at my sweet spot right now, so I'm kind of sad I won't be seeing her again for awhile. For someone who doesn't use fluoro, she just seems to know what she is doing. I would have been at my sweet spot at my first fill with her, but I was terrified of being overfilled and she took a little more out so I'd feel comfortable. I have nothing bad to say about the OCC, and I would use them if it just didn't cost me so much in time and money to get there (mostly time - I don't like being at the mercy of the airlines).

Looking back I'm really glad I sort of eased into restriction. It is a huge difference - at least it was for me. And I had been practicing the tiny bites and 1 cup of food since before surgery. It's so hard to understand until it actually happens. It is really worth it to find a fill doctor you can be honest with and who will really listen to you.

Margie

I'm going back to OCC for my second fill with them. No one here on the island does fills with a fluorscope and I'm kinda' concerned about going to Northwest Washington State..have heard mixed reviews regarding the three fill centers down there...

Wow you are doing so well. I will email you the next time I am coming to Victoria and we can meet at Evatars for coffee. Good luck with your next fill.

Debbie

Hey RevyD, did OCC suggest you get a fill at 6-8 weeks? And how did you or they decide you didn't need one then?

Yes they suggest that everyone get a fill at 6-8 weeks. I told Dr Miranda that I was not going to get a fill until I had gone several weeks with no weight loss at all. She had no problem with that. There have been cases when someone went all the way to goal and never had a fill. I am hoping that I will be one of those lucky ones.

Debbie

I absolutely adore Dr. Fitzpatrick. I'm pretty sure I'm at my sweet spot right now, so I'm kind of sad I won't be seeing her again for awhile. For someone who doesn't use fluoro, she just seems to know what she is doing. I would have been at my sweet spot at my first fill with her, but I was terrified of being overfilled and she took a little more out so I'd feel comfortable. I have nothing bad to say about the OCC, and I would use them if it just didn't cost me so much in time and money to get there (mostly time - I don't like being at the mercy of the airlines).

Looking back I'm really glad I sort of eased into restriction. It is a huge difference - at least it was for me. And I had been practicing the tiny bites and 1 cup of food since before surgery. It's so hard to understand until it actually happens. It is really worth it to find a fill doctor you can be honest with and who will really listen to you.

Margie

Margie, thanks so much for this info. I've been struggling with whether I should go for convenience (salem) or with someone who I've read tons of good things about. Your experience really helps me make the decision.

Cheryl--when will you be going down? I'm guessing I'll be going down around March 12th.

Hi Teresa,

I have an appointment @ OCC set for Jan. 29

How was your first week post surgery?

:rolleyes:

Wow you are doing so well. I will email you the next time I am coming to Victoria and we can meet at Evatars for coffee. Good luck with your next fill.

Debbie

ME doing well??...YOU'RE the lady doing it on sheer mind power alone!! LOL

I'd like it if we could make contact when you're down here... :D

I live four minutes off the Trans Canada in Langford so it's an easy off/on.

To vote....first click if you had your fill at OCC

OR click on not filled at OCC

Second part is How many fills at OCC

OR How many not at OCC

:wub:

Hey - I voted. I have had 5 fills. I am at a good level of restriction. I do not go to the OCC due to time/travel/cost. I stay local and am very happy with my choice.

All my fills have been done under floro.

Hope this helps

Hello All,

I am one of the few on this forum that actually did not have my surgery at OCC.

My husband is in the military, so the military hospitals have done my fills.

Although, there is no flouro, which I am bummed for not having.

However, now that my original doc has left the hospital and the Navy, I am trying to get another doc for my follow-up care.

Yes they suggest that everyone get a fill at 6-8 weeks. I told Dr Miranda that I was not going to get a fill until I had gone several weeks with no weight loss at all. She had no problem with that. There have been cases when someone went all the way to goal and never had a fill. I am hoping that I will be one of those lucky ones.

Debbie

Debbie,

You are doing fantastic!!

Margie,

That is who I go to, isnt she a trip. She cracks me up and so far she has worked really well for me. Keep in touch.

Margie