So excited!

This forum is wonderful! I was extremely hesitant and scared about going to Mexico for the surgery. Little by little I started researching, and started feeling more comfortable with the idea. I was still hesitant until I started reading the forum. It answered most of the questions I had (except for some very specific ones, that I will ask the Docs). BUT... most importantly I feel like I am part of a group now, and that somehow I will not be doing this on my own. Yesterday, I was scheduled to get banded on September 9th. All of a sudden, I feel better about myself... even energetic... and very optimistic about the future! Thanks to everyone that takes time to write in the forum... you guys are awesome!

Jasmin

Congrats on making the best decision of your life. The OCC is the most wondervul cleanest state of the art place. The staff are amazing and before you know it you will be banded and starting your new life. I was banded june 28th and in all am down 30 pounds.

I also believe that the OCC is the most amazing and caring facility that you could possible chose. I was banded on 8/3/10 and am down over 30 lbs since decision day. I have not had one problem and am feeling so up. You will love your new start

This forum is wonderful! I was extremely hesitant and scared about going to Mexico for the surgery. Little by little I started researching, and started feeling more comfortable with the idea. I was still hesitant until I started reading the forum. It answered most of the questions I had (except for some very specific ones, that I will ask the Docs). BUT... most importantly I feel like I am part of a group now, and that somehow I will not be doing this on my own. Yesterday, I was scheduled to get banded on September 9th. All of a sudden, I feel better about myself... even energetic... and very optimistic about the future! Thanks to everyone that takes time to write in the forum... you guys are awesome!

Jasmin

Good luck! I know how you feel. I am new to the forum too and I feel great to be part of a community of people sharing their stories and advice. I am getting banded this month and have also felt a positive change. Like this time, it's gonna happen. I have found a new sense of excitement and energy that will helpfully push me along the way. I hope you reach your goal!

I am also new. This is my first time logging on. I get banded on Sept. 3rd in TJ. I was really anxious after I made the decision. I had many panic attacks and really wondered if this was something that would change my life or that would lead to scary medical issues later in my life. I was afraid to tell my parents because they weren't very supportive when I first considered the idea a year ago. Then I saw a pic of myself at my cousin's wedding mid-July. That was it for me! I cannot go on in this manner. I avoid old friends out of embarrassment of the weight I have gained since high school. I read Dr. Ortiz's book and have 3 friends who went to the TJ site and have really excelled with the band. After visiting with them I have regained my excitement and HOPE. This is SO enormous for me! The incredible part was when I felt so anxious about not telling my parents. My twin sister finally called my Mom while I sat next to her crying...she was so elegant and awesome at explaining my decision to them and my need for them to share their fears/concerns/disapproval with my sister- but NOT me. She has been my rock!! They are still somewhat unsure, but are reading Ortiz's book and sharing their concerns with my sister and not me! Now, my DAD is coming with me to support me since my husband cannot get away from work! I would never believe THIS could happen. Just reading this forum has helped me to feel part of an enthusiastic community of supporters! I have added this page to my "regulars" of daily browsing! I am so very excited now. Thanks to all of you for posting! It has helped me enormously!!

I am also new. This is my first time logging on. I get banded on Sept. 3rd in TJ. I was really anxious after I made the decision. I had many panic attacks and really wondered if this was something that would change my life or that would lead to scary medical issues later in my life. I was afraid to tell my parents because they weren't very supportive when I first considered the idea a year ago. Then I saw a pic of myself at my cousin's wedding mid-July. That was it for me! I cannot go on in this manner. I avoid old friends out of embarrassment of the weight I have gained since high school. I read Dr. Ortiz's book and have 3 friends who went to the TJ site and have really excelled with the band. After visiting with them I have regained my excitement and HOPE. This is SO enormous for me! The incredible part was when I felt so anxious about not telling my parents. My twin sister finally called my Mom while I sat next to her crying...she was so elegant and awesome at explaining my decision to them and my need for them to share their fears/concerns/disapproval with my sister- but NOT me. She has been my rock!! They are still somewhat unsure, but are reading Ortiz's book and sharing their concerns with my sister and not me! Now, my DAD is coming with me to support me since my husband cannot get away from work! I would never believe THIS could happen. Just reading this forum has helped me to feel part of an enthusiastic community of supporters! I have added this page to my "regulars" of daily browsing! I am so very excited now. Thanks to all of you for posting! It has helped me enormously!!

I am getting banded on Sept. 3 too...look forward to meeting you!!!! Good luck!!!

I am getting banded on Sept. 3 too...look forward to meeting you!!!! Good luck!!!

Oh good! I won't feel so alone! Are you staying at a local hotel in TJ? I arrive on the 2nd. I look forward to seeing you!

Oh good! I won't feel so alone! Are you staying at a local hotel in TJ? I arrive on the 2nd. I look forward to seeing you!

I'm actually coming in the morning of the 3rd...I'm flying in from Phoenix, so it's a short hop...my understanding is thta we have the surgery that afternoon adn can eitehr opt to stay in teh hospital or go to the hotel...

I am getting banded in october and totally understand how you feel. After my husband and I made the choice to just find the money and get it done I noticed that my self image started to change. I stoped hiding my belly behind pillows and bags and have even started to look below my face in the mirror again. I feel like I am moving on that I am about to finally win this war that I have been fighting for so long and I am excited to see it as it happens. I was walking down the hallway the otherday and as all overweight people know about I got one of those looks people give and I thought to myself that it will not always be this way.