Hey guys!

My surgery is on July 1st *2 days away* and I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! :)

I'm getting my plication from Dr.Dominguez in the caribbean island of Dominican Republic, he was a Dr.Ortiz student, so I'm pretty confident.

I have a week on the pre-op diet, I don't know my actual weight, but I know that I've lost some pounds!

I am from Louisiana and am scheduled to for the plication on 7/4/11. And I am SCARED. Not going to let this stop me, but would love to have a "buddy" to go through this with. Is there anyone scheduled for this day also? How about someone near me from the south? Please reach out to me beverly@iusco.com or beverlyg101@gmail.com

Hi I had my gastric plitation on July 1st - surgery went great ! Looking forward to results !! How are you doing ?

Derrainecarlin@yahoo.com

Hello! I had my plication on july 1st too. First day was horrible with all the nauseas and vomiting, I had to stay an extra night at the hospital because I was in risk of dehydration.Today I'm feeling so much better and looking forward to see the results. I hope that I will never regret my choice.

Hey Linsey - you are in my thoughts. Keep in touch...I was not able to get my revision done - they took out the band but due to scar tissue in my stomach and where my port was as well as a hernia - my stomach was not in any condition to have anything else done...but I will be back down there in November....

But I saw several folks who had plication done and they were all happy and raving about the surgery - so I know that the recovery that i saw done there was similar on the band and plication. Even the sleeve folks were pretty perky!

DonnaC in Seattle

One week since my surgery, and I am THRILLED!!!!! :D -13 pounds off (67 left to reach the goal) and 4cm in measures! I'm feeling so good. Eating now more creamy food, including yogurts and baby food. :)

I am also I wk post op well actually I guess 8 days. I have lost about 15 lbs from the beginning including wk prior. My issue now is I'm starting to get Hungary and I'm running out of ideas of something to eat Can you help ??? What does your daily intake look like ??? I figured I'm only getting about 500 cal a day !! Seems like I would have lost more by now ?? Concerned the weight loss is not going to be as easy as I thought !:(

Dcarlin

I am also one wk post op and have list a total of 15 lbs from beginning including wk prior. My problem now is that I'm starting to get Hungary and I'm running out of options. Can somebody help me figure out a daily meal menu. I figure I'm getting about 500 cal a day and that's all I've lost. My concern is maybe the weight loss is not going to be as easy as I thought.

Dcarlin

Hey there!

I don't understand how you feel, because since the surgery, I don't get hungry, never. I even eat sometimes because I have to. Don't you have a nutricionist on your team to help you with the weekly menu?

My day is something like this:

Breakfast 6onz of protein shake in non-fat milk

Snack: 0% fat yoghurt (like 2 onz)

Lunch: creamy food, its like the soup but with more consistency, like baby food. With chicken, broccoli, etc.

Snack: diet jello

Dinner: same as lunch, and after one hour another take of protein.

This is my menu for the week.

The only thing that makes me feel anxious sometimes, is to chew! So I bough some no sugar added mints to calm myself.

Keep up the good spirit! You'll see you'll be losing a lot of weight soon!! :D

I am going on my big trip tomorrow and have surgery on July 15th. I am so excited. I am more worried about drinking water in Tiuhana than the surgery. I have read the postings for July and one stuck out in my mind.

I am hungry..... One thing I learned in therapy. What is wrong with hunger? It is a natural occuring thing, try not to fill it every time. Drink water, evalute the feeling after 10 minutes, see if you are still hungry. It helped me increase my water (crystal light, I hate water) intake and I have done good on my pre-op diet.

I just got back from having the plication sugery. The facility was very clean and the staff was nice and caring. However, I wish I were able to speak to the doctor at more length, that felt a little rushed. I reacted to the anesthesia as I had predicted, I was an absolute FREAK when I woke up. I was so whacked out that I assumed the gas build up was a heart attack and was yelling at everyone, luckily the staff was so professional and kind they calmed me down and checked in on me. I didn't vomit at all, although I did have naseau the first and second days (had surgery on the 11th). I'm still having gas which is uncomfortable, especially on the plane, but it's bearable. The cramping is also bad news, but what can you expect? The hotel was also very nice. Everyone was very helpful and sweet...the shuttle service was managed fairly well. The OCC chicken broth isn't so good ;) Most people seem to have great luck with the chewable papaya enzyme, but I'm sticking to the chewable Gas X. I don't seem to have lost weight since I've been on this liquid diet (4 days). I'm sure my progress will show soon. I have a blog if anyone wants to keep up with me :) I'll be updating that today on the site. I'm so excited for the future :)