April Surgery patients

Hey Judy!

I am finally back home after a 9 night trip and almost 25 hour day. :huh: But I made it!

I don't use a CPAP and don't recall seeing anyone there with their little portable machine. I believe this is something you may want to discuss with the doctor. However I can't think of any reason why they would not allow you to use it.

Right before the surgery, you are asked to change into large comfy hospital gowns and a paper-type panty. For the first few hours after surgery (and right before bed), we all roamed the halls in the hospital gowns. (I have to admit the first thing I did after coming to is to remove the awful paper panty.) We saw quite a few patients from the previous night roaming the halls in their house dresses, workout type clothing etc.

The staff is there to help you feel comfortable and make sure that you are doing well. If you ask, I'm sure they will let you change into something different. (Although the hospital gown was great, no restriction, flowing with every movement, etc)

Good luck with your surgery.

PS: And yes, I am 1 pound heavier today than surgery day.... darn IV fluids! :angry: But there's hope... I know I will be on a losing streak soon!

Thank you so much Onlyme for your info reply. But, why 9 nights? I thought you are usually only there for 3 nights or days total. Glad you made it ok and back home now. How is the pre-op diet working for you? Do you have restriction?

Thanks also for your best wishes for my surgery. It means alot. I am waiting to hear back from Lori for a date in mid May.

Take care and good luck with your band journey.

Peace,

Judy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

New here, this is my first post. Im scheduled for surgery April 18 with Dr Ortis, coming from Vegas. I have been getting nervous over the last couple of days, but reading all the posts here sure has helped. Thanx for sharing guys! :-h

Preop Weight: 235

Surgery Weight: ?

Goal Weight: 135

You are having surgery the same day as I am. What day do you have your pre-op test? Are you flying into San Diego? =D>

Thank you so much Onlyme for your info reply. But, why 9 nights? I thought you are usually only there for 3 nights or days total. Glad you made it ok and back home now. How is the pre-op diet working for you? Do you have restriction?

Thanks also for your best wishes for my surgery. It means alot. I am waiting to hear back from Lori for a date in mid May.

Take care and good luck with your band journey.

Peace,

Judy

Heh that was supposed to be a 9 hour trip. My flights home just took forever. Didn't help any that I was in the airport like 10 hours before boarding. :-(

My post-op liquid diet is working great! I can honestly say that I am not hungry. My problem is that my stomach is making all these gurgly noises that I can't decipher. So I don't know when I am hungry or when I am full just yet. I've been told there is no way of getting "full" on liquids since they go right through you.. but just in case I am sticking to the 1/2 cup per sitting guidelines.

You are having surgery the same day as I am. What day do you have your pre-op test? Are you flying into San Diego? =D>

Fly into San Diego Tues 17th, pre-op that day, surgery Wed 18th. We are staying until Sat. See you there!!! ><'

Fly into San Diego Tues 17th, pre-op that day, surgery Wed 18th. We are staying until Sat. See you there!!! ><'

Hi! I am flying in on the 18th and surgery the 19th - I then will fly out of San Diego on Saturday the 21st.

Maybe we will see each other. =D>

Hi Janet,

I am also scheduled on the 20th. I'm supposed to loose 25-30lb too. I've been on it for two weeks lost 13LBS but am starting to plato. I am so hungry! The green veggies help but I am sick of them. Plus, I worry about so much green veggies and the issue with increased risk of clotting due to the high Vit K. Good luck with the preop diet and hope to see you down there.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Why do you have to loose so much before surgery? I thought we are suppose to loose 5% of our weight. That just seems awfully hard to loose 25-30 lbs. I am scheduled for surgery on the 18th.

Good Luck, Sue

Hi GtrsGrl,

I fly into san Diego on the 17 arriving at 10:10 am from Northern Ca. My surgery is on the 18th. What time is yours?

Thanks to Onlyme I am feeling much better now and anxious. Going off my meds for osteo. arth. is what is scaring me. and Prednisone for my Hepatitis. I can't wait to wear one those comfy gowns. :lol:

Good luck,

Sue

I can understand exactly what you mean. I am trying to quit smoking and loose 11lbs prior to my date. I is not easy and is a very frustrating process. Hang in there and I will do the same. I think I will come back here and chat if things get too bad.

GiBaby71

It is nice to have someone that understands to talk to about the pre op diet, etc. I can see this site will be invaluable after surgery. My surgery is scheduled for April 16th. I am flying down with a friend we have our surgeries scheduled for the same day. This forum is making me feel more comfortable about flying to Mexico to have surgery, thanks all!!!

I'm flying into SD from AZ on the 19th and and doing preop and banding on the 20th and leaving the 22nd.

Jazzy

I have seen several posts where people are having their pre op one day and surgery the next. I am scheduled for April 16th and was told they would do pre op and surgery the same day, interesting. I work for an orthopedic surgeon and this process is so different it is amazing how they seem so organized and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the facility.

Hi GtrsGrl,

I fly into san Diego on the 17 arriving at 10:10 am from Northern Ca. My surgery is on the 18th. What time is yours?

Thanks to Onlyme I am feeling much better now and anxious. Going off my meds for osteo. arth. is what is scaring me. and Prednisone for my Hepatitis. I can't wait to wear one those comfy gowns. :lol:

Good luck,

Sue

Hey Sue, :-h

We are flying in around noon from Vegas. This forum is great for any one concidering this type of surgery reguardless of who they are having it done with. I also was starting to feel very anxious, about the surgery in general. So nice to hear from others that are going through the same thing. See you in TJ next week. ;)

Hi! I am flying in on the 18th and surgery the 19th - I then will fly out of San Diego on Saturday the 21st.

Maybe we will see each other. =D>

Hi Beery, :-h

See you there.

:blink:

Hey Sue, :-h

We are flying in around noon from Vegas. This forum is great for any one concidering this type of surgery reguardless of who they are having it done with. I also was starting to feel very anxious, about the surgery in general. So nice to hear from others that are going through the same thing. See you in TJ next week. ;)

I am getting anxious now, also I am not loosing as much as I should only 6 lbs so far and I started early. THIS IS WHY I NEED A BAND!! I hope they wont reject me. Doe anyone know of anyone that was turned away? I think I'm getting a little paranoid. I need to stop.

Also can you drink the hotel water? See you there.

Nervous Nellie, Sue

Hi Everyone,

New here, this is my first post. Im scheduled for surgery April 18 with Dr Ortis, coming from Vegas. I have been getting nervous over the last couple of days, but reading all the posts here sure has helped. Thanx for sharing guys! :-h

Preop Weight: 235

Surgery Weight: ?

Goal Weight: 135

Hello!

I am from Kingman Az. My sister lives in Vegas. She is going over with me on the 30th for my lapband. Let me know

how your surgery goes!

Connie gist

Are there any April surgery dates out there?

Hi you all,

I am New for this fourm also schedual to do the sergery for april 24.I have low BMI 31,but am scared to death, and i am not sure if i am doing the wrtie thing. i do not have any support my family is agains it ,So i am not telling them i am doing it.I am going by myself. Howmany of you did it with low BMI?Anyone for the same day?

And also I need to know if any of you have good fill Dr. In virgina or DC.area.I neeeeeeeeeeed a lot of support.Please Write .

Thanks

Good luck to you too! When will you be going for your fill? I'm thinking June 4th. Let's keep in touch anyway---please email.

Rhonda - how are you? You were scheduled for surgery yesterday -- how are you ?

Let us know -- I'm 9 days out and am doing great ! Down 17 pounds (including pre-op diet) and feeling wonderful! Take care--

Lisa

Hello! I am Annette - My surger is set with Dr. Ortiz on April 19th and I am really scared. I have to go by myself.

Hey, Annette - only 2 days left !! I went alone and was absolutely fine == they treat you like a queen, and since you'll be in the same hotel, hotel lobby, clinic - you'll get a walking buddy for the day after -- you'll be fine....I flew across the Country alone and did it (only told one person) and I was fine....you will be, too! They take such good care of you you'll forget you're alone....great luck! Keep us posted...

Lisa

Hey, Annette - only 2 days left !! I went alone and was absolutely fine == they treat you like a queen, and since you'll be in the same hotel, hotel lobby, clinic - you'll get a walking buddy for the day after -- you'll be fine....I flew across the Country alone and did it (only told one person) and I was fine....you will be, too! They take such good care of you you'll forget you're alone....great luck! Keep us posted...

Lisa

Good Luck!Please let me know when U get back,I am doing mine on the 24th.I am from virgina.

Lisa

I went bymyself and did just fine. Everyone at the clinic is great and you'll be surprised how other bandsters will adopt you as their own. :) Toni and Donna were both wonderful to me and made me feel like I had friends right there if I needed them. My DH knows but that is it for me. I personally enjoy traveling by myself so the trip to SD and then down to TJ wasn't a stretch at all.

Twigs

I AM HAVING MY SURGERY ON APRIL 20

I WISH YOU ALL GO LUCK.

Hey Kirk!

Where are you from? Just curious....

Donna

Hey Everyone,

I'm getting the last of my ducks in a row. I leave on the 25th. surgery on the 26th. Back home to St. Pete. Fl. on the 29th. I can't wait to get down there. I'm down about 14 lbs. and still working on it. I'm super stessed now. I work 3rd. shift with 2 other people. Tues. morning 1 person just up and quit! Did I happen to tell you the other person is on vacation!!!! I'm working my butt off! I"M A STESS EATER!!! I'm doing my best not to go off my diet. Take care.

Kelly C.

To be banded 4/26/07

Highest weight 241

Per-Op weight 226 (I weighted this morning!)