Where are all the 4/11/08 bandsters at?!!!!

OMG... I cant believe I am actually going to do this.Everytime I start chickening out I remind myself of how I have been struggling with my wieght for atleast 20yrs. (35yrs old). and how I wish I would have done this sooner.

I have started dieting by drinking 1 slimfast in the morning and lean cuisine for lunch and reg dinner... this way when the real pre op diet starts it want be a shock to my system.. and i want jump off the band wagon and eat everything in sight... I don't know about any one else... but I can gain 4pds in a weekend easy if I'm not careful...

I cant wait to hear from the 4/11 group and look forward to meeting everyone... this forum has been a blessing.. I may not write everyday but I'm definately on reading...

M.

Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh 4/11/08 IN DA HOUSE!!!!

Hello there scared,

I am a 4/11 bandster too!! I am so excited I really cant wait. I do have my moments of OMG what am i gonna do! but I know that is just fear talking. what time are you flying in to San Diego? Maybe we can all meet at the same time? I live in SD so I am just gonna meet the driver at the airport. I have also started with the diet and believe me chica i wanna eat it all too! you are not alone in that!! hahaha Well i cant wait to meet ya!!

Looking forward to the new life

Tatts ><'

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe that in 30 short days we are all going to be able to meet each other and get banded!!! heeee hawww!!! I am getting into San deigo around noon on Thursday. What time are all of you getting in? I am a little spooked to walk around TJ because I read in the news that people have been attacking Americans. :ph34r: But looking forward to getting it over with and starting new.

M- keep me posted how your weight loss is going. Any tips that you have please share. I hear ya on the 4 lbs a week, that is what I can do to myself too. It sucks to have "bad gene's".

much love!!! ><'

Brook

><' ><' Cant wait to meet u all.

I will be arriving at noon, coming from NJ.

As far as any tips.. I decided to try the advantage eas because I heard about in this forum but slimfast definately taste better to me.

I think the eas advantage would be better for post op because it has much more protein and thinner consistency than slimfast. I also am taking the wieght management which is suppose to curb your appetite.. I think is just makes me run to the bathroom more often.

so far I'm down 2pds...

oh yeah I think i started this in the wrong subforum ...because i thought there would be more people joining us on 4/11.

talk to you soon

M :rolleyes:

Hello 4/11 bandsters... I'm in front of you by a few days. I have mine scheduled for 4/08.

I've been big all my life, taught to 'clean your plate' and I even have issues leaving food on a table in a restaurant. I can't wait until my date.

I have no apprehensions. I attended two local sessions for doctors in my area. The process was thoroughly explained, and all questions were answered. The cost HERE, for the two doctors, one was $25,000 and the second $20,000.

In the first session I attended, the doctor showed a photo of a family that could have been my family. The father had a slat and pepper goatee (as I do) glasses (yep, me too) and the same amount of hairline recession. He even had two sons, as I do.

This man came out looking AWESOME (in the weight sense...). He had lost an average of 20 pounds per month for 4.5 months after his surgery. His weight started at 12 pounds more than i weigh now.

He said things that made me look forward to this procedure. He is never hungry. He never has cravings (omg... like i am having right now...). When he gets the urge for something, he eats it, and he stops when he can eat no more... and his craving is satisfied because he feels full.

More in a moment

This gentleman said he had to be reminded to eat, because he no longer felt the urges we all may feel to pull out a bag of chips and a cola.

He misses soft drinks. He loved a cold Coke often, but he replaced it with non-carbonated drinks. He would go to family events and use a saucer instead of a plate for meals, and he would eat in small bits rather than crowding the fork (I'm guilty of that now).

He added other benefits of the lapband that I'm looking forward to. His allergies (hay fever, etc) have improved greatly. So had knee pain and foot pain he experienced. His energy level had skyrocketed, and he started a workout routine three days a week and STILL had lots of energy.

As far as pain, he had none, nor discomfort. He sang the praises of his surgeon, and I have all the confidence in the world that my experience will be as good as his. I'm even setting a goal of 15 pounds per month until i get back to my college football playing weight. If I'm short, I'm still doing great. If I exceed that, even more awesome. When i reach my desired weight, i've informed my wife that she and I are going to the Bahamas, and are going to do "something" on the beach in the middle of the night... ;) then awaken to a sunrise. Something i would NEVER have done without this.

To all you 4/11 people... you new future begins in less than a month! Godspeed to your goal!

Hello fellow April Bandsters! I am not on 4-11-08 either. I am on 4-03-08 and I am soooo excited. I just wish the days away! Maybe we should start an April group as I believe there are usually only about 6 people who get banded on a single day -- at Dr. Ortiz's office. Of course you will bond with those 6 people during your stay I am sure! Good luck to all.

Gina :-h

:lol::lol::lol: The countdown begins..... 25more days.... OMG... I cant express how much I am so ready to get this over and done with.... I was so scared (remember)...but now I'm just ready to go and come back and begin my journey.... :lol:

To all of you who are going 4/11/08, I must tell you that I am the biggest punk and cry baby... I'm that person that stays home all week if I catch a cold.... I went 3 times to the emergency room because I thought I was having a heart attack ... it was heartburn... Yep thats me... I hate pain and cant tolerate discomfort... but YES............. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BANDED :lol: ........mostly because i know that although I am going to have a hard time dealing with this new adjustment .. It is all going to pay off in the long run... SO HERE WE GO...............12 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE REAL PRE-OP DIET BEGINS...

Cant wait to meet everyone that is going...

Marilyn

Hey Marilyn!

I can't wait to meet you! I am so excited!! I keep having dreams that when I wake up it's the day that I leave for my surgery and I am not packed or prepared to go. Still having to lose 7 lbs then they won't do the surgery because I didn't lose my 10!!! So I wrote in big numbers on my calender how many days and have started a list of things to take that will help. NERVES!!

><'

Brook, who are you going with??

I'm going with my mom... I'm a little nervous taking her with me because of her age and but she is my main supporter... my rock... other than her my only option would be to go by myself...which sometimes I wonder if that would be better..

I've read that some of the guests had to stay behind when there wasnt any room in the van...and I would hate to leave her behind...

For anyone else scheduled on 4/11/08 and reading this... who is accompanying you? or going alon??

Hi there Marilyn,

My husband is coming with me. We are flying in at noon on Thursday. When are you flying in? This is going to be a new experience but I am sure that everything will work out for the best with the van situation. I think that there are going to be some pretty neat people coming in on the 10th and I can't wait to meet these women (so far I haven't heard of any men getting banded on this day) that I am going to be able to take this first step with! Maybe with a group this big I won't be so worried about going out shopping either! :rolleyes:

Brook

Good Morning Everyone!! I am getting so excited about our new adventure. I am driving down from Arizona with a friend on Thursday the 10th. We should arrive at the hotel between 2-4 pm. Surgery is scheduled for Friday the 11th. I cant wait to meet all of you!!

I'm a 4/11 banster =D> I can't wait! My daughter and I are having the surgery on the same day. We are flying in from florida.I can't wait to meet everyone.

Where in Florida? I am in Orange Park.

OMG... I cant believe I am actually going to do this.Everytime I start chickening out I remind myself of how I have been struggling with my wieght for atleast 20yrs. (35yrs old). and how I wish I would have done this sooner.

I have started dieting by drinking 1 slimfast in the morning and lean cuisine for lunch and reg dinner... this way when the real pre op diet starts it want be a shock to my system.. and i want jump off the band wagon and eat everything in sight... I don't know about any one else... but I can gain 4pds in a weekend easy if I'm not careful...

I cant wait to hear from the 4/11 group and look forward to meeting everyone... this forum has been a blessing.. I may not write everyday but I'm definately on reading...

M.

hi i'm having surgery on that date my name is susana. i'm verrry nervous especially hearing some of those bad experiences. how about you are you nervous?

Brook, who are you going with??

I'm going with my mom... I'm a little nervous taking her with me because of her age and but she is my main supporter... my rock... other than her my only option would be to go by myself...which sometimes I wonder if that would be better..

I've read that some of the guests had to stay behind when there wasnt any room in the van...and I would hate to leave her behind...

For anyone else scheduled on 4/11/08 and reading this... who is accompanying you? or going alon??

When Mrs. Ortiz picks you up in the morning at the hotel she brings her volvo station seda.. only 3 people can go at a time. She will/does make as many trips necessary to bring everyone. Patients having the surgery usually go first and the +1's usually come after.. but rest assured she will NOT be left behind. She will also make friends/conversations with the other +1's. My mom didn't go with me but came about 45minutes later. Hope this helps :)

hi i'm having surgery on that date my name is susana. i'm verrry nervous especially hearing some of those bad experiences. how about you are you nervous?

Actually no I'm not nervous about the surgery anymore. I am more nervous about the flight than anything else. After being on this forum for a while and reading everyone's story I hear/read more positive than negative. Also, I know its going to take some hard work from myself.... it's just not the band...like everyone has mentioned it is a tool...

I think we will be okay... I have faith in that this is definately the right decision for me.

Hello everyone!

Not much time left until I am going in for my surgery and i had a wonderful thing happen today. I have not told anyone but my husband that I was getting the surgery. Well, I told my mom and she was so supportive and actually happy about it. Talk about a relief! It felt like weights had been taken off my shoulders! I do love that lady! So I am getting so excited to get banded and start my new life with the band. I have been thinking about names for it. hehe CRAZY, I know. I started my diet last Wednesday and in that week I lost 7 lbs. So I have dropped the recommended 10 that Dr. Ortiz wanted me to lose. I am going to keep trucking and jump start this a much as a can!!

Good luck April 11th bandster with the pre-op diet! ( and the others that have to lose) You can do it! (said it the voice of Rob snider off of waterboy) :lol:

Be Blessed!

Brook

Hi brook,

I will be arriving in san diego about 330pm... so i will probably get to meet u in th hotel..

I am struggling with this pre-op diet...

I have been doing it..but have only lose an additional 1.5...making my total..3.5pd... i hope i can lose another 3 by next week so atleast i lose 6...

she also told me i needed to drop 10pds..

i dont know what wrong with my body....the only the thing I am not doing is eating the green stuff........I HATE VEGETABLES :(( :(( :(( :(( ....so i dont know what else to do....???

Hello Brook, I am so glad your mom was supportive. I also just broke down and told mine and she was cool too. Glad to hear you lost 10 pounds. Keep goin and I will see you VERY SOON!!!

Dear Scared, tell me about it. I am on 2 shakes and a sensible meal was doing great scale said I had lost 9.5 of my 14 pounds. As of yesterday is said I had only lost 6...WTF!!!! I am doing everything Dr. Miranda said and nothing. I am getting scared cause I really want this!! Well best of luck hope to meet soon. Lora