July Surgery Patients

:rolleyes:

I am getting banded in July...either July 19th or July 25th...I am going all by my lonesome from Kentucky.

Any one else coming in on those dates?

Good luck. I am scheduled for surgery on July 14 and can't wait. I will let you know how it goes. If thee is anyone scheduled for July 13 to 15, please contact me.

Sheila

Halobabe;

I just want you to know....I was banded June 9th along with CindyK.....I didnt know her from a hole in my head....she too was going alone....however....her and I got to chatting on this forum a couple of months before our surgery and got to be good friends...and she will ALWAYS be there for me....I beleive this friendship I have created through this forum was/and still is a GREAT deal of my strength....by the way, Cindyk ended up getting her surgery done the same day as myself....we were the only two there that day....and we had a BLAST!!! I beleive if I didnt have her to vent to PRE-OP during that lovely Salad & Protein Drink diet, I would have went nuts!!!!...however....instead of just me going nuts WE BOTH DID....LOL....her and I did everything together, along with my friend who came with me, during our stay there from Pre-op testing, "THE LAST SUPPER" together, surgery together, discharged together and spent that same day walking our butts off in TJ with my friend egging us on....IT WAS WONDERFUL...i am sure by the time u have your surgery you will have met a wonderful friend as I did....CindyK and I still converse almost every day venting to each other and asking questions...The other thing is....this forum was a great deal of information and strength before and after my surgery....you would be surprised how many friends you will find on here pushing you all the way....ITS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE....I wish you the best of luck with your surgery....please keep us posted.....Cathy

Karen,

I'm also getting banded on the 10th. I'm driving from Oklahoma with my parents and sister. We decided to make a family vacation out of it. My sister, though, will probably be the only one with me in Mexico except on the day of surgery.

I'm so excited. I weigh 427 pounds, and I'm tired of being unable to keep up with my friends.

BTW, I'm 40. Saying I'm coming with my folks makes me sound like a teenager. ;-)

Kelli M.

I'm getting banded with a friend July 10th. Anyone out there with this surgery date??

Karen W.

Karen,

I'm also getting banded on the 10th. I'm driving from Oklahoma with my parents and sister. We decided to make a family vacation out of it. My sister, though, will probably be the only one with me in Mexico except on the day of surgery.

I'm so excited. I weigh 427 pounds, and I'm tired of being unable to keep up with my friends.

BTW, I'm 40. Saying I'm coming with my folks makes me sound like a teenager. ;-)

Kelli M.

Halobabe;

I just want you to know....I was banded June 9th along with CindyK.....I didnt know her from a hole in my head....she too was going alone....however....her and I got to chatting on this forum a couple of months before our surgery and got to be good friends...and she will ALWAYS be there for me....I beleive this friendship I have created through this forum was/and still is a GREAT deal of my strength....by the way, Cindyk ended up getting her surgery done the same day as myself....we were the only two there that day....and we had a BLAST!!! I beleive if I didnt have her to vent to PRE-OP during that lovely Salad & Protein Drink diet, I would have went nuts!!!!...however....instead of just me going nuts WE BOTH DID....LOL....her and I did everything together, along with my friend who came with me, during our stay there from Pre-op testing, "THE LAST SUPPER" together, surgery together, discharged together and spent that same day walking our butts off in TJ with my friend egging us on....IT WAS WONDERFUL...i am sure by the time u have your surgery you will have met a wonderful friend as I did....CindyK and I still converse almost every day venting to each other and asking questions...The other thing is....this forum was a great deal of information and strength before and after my surgery....you would be surprised how many friends you will find on here pushing you all the way....ITS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE....I wish you the best of luck with your surgery....please keep us posted.....Cathy

Well, I sent in my deposit this morning, so my SURGERY DATE HAS BEEN SET!!! for Tues. July 25th, arriving in TJ the morning of the 24th. My husband says I can carry on a conversation with a wall, and I don't know a stranger, so as long as "someone" is there, I will not have a problem. Thanks for the support, and congrats on your new life! I keep thinking how this Christmas I will be so much thinner and healthier and may actually WANT my picture taken this year with my 7 year old! Keep in touch!

Karen

Karen,

Kelli M.

Kelli, Good for you! Sounds like you have a wonderful & supportive family. I have 2 grown daughters, and when I mentioned having surgery in Mexico they went OFF! So much for support! I am now officially going on a business trip in July, LOL. Only my husband knows. I told him if he tells anyone, he will PAY............LOL

My husband said he would go with me, (you know, one of those half hearted, I don't really want to go, but if you REALLY want me to, I will, comments, LOL.......but I'll do fine. I'm so happy for you! Keep us all posted!

Karen M-T

I have a surgery date of 7/18-arriving on 7/17. I am coming alone and have told no one that i am going. I am so excited because this is a dream come true for me.

I only discovered Dr Ortiz's website about a week ago. i scheduled very quickly cause i feel that this is absolutely right. reading this forum everyday is probably why i feel so secure with my choice.

anyway, is anyone scheduled for 7/18?

:( Will SOMEONE please schedule their surgery for July 25th??? Arriving on the 24th?

Am I the only one for that day??? I am going to be all alone and need a friend! Remember,

what happens in Mexico STAYS in Mexico---it ain't no body's business!!!!--Karen MT :D

• 1 year later...
Anybody for July 28th? Arriving the 27th? I'd love to "meet" you on line and chat. Heather

Hi Hopeful1 - I'm sched for banding 7/27 so will be in the OCC when you arrive, probably on your pre-op date. Sounds like you will go in the day I get out - so close ! Anyway, maybe we will meet up - hope all is going well with your pre-op diet - a little tough sometimes, but well worth it !

:( Will SOMEONE please schedule their surgery for July 25th??? Arriving on the 24th?

Am I the only one for that day??? I am going to be all alone and need a friend! Remember,

what happens in Mexico STAYS in Mexico---it ain't no body's business!!!!--Karen MT :D

Hey Halo....Me and my sister are coming for our first fill on July 24th....arriving on the 23rd, fill on the 24th, departing the eve of the 24th...maybe we'll see you there?! Are you staying @ the Lucerna?

I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Ortiz on July 24th. I will be flying in the evening before out of Tulsa. My name is Heather, if any one else will be there at that time Holla back.

Hey ....Me and my sister are coming for our first fill on July 24th....arriving on the 23rd, fill on the 24th, departing the eve of the 24th...maybe we'll see you there?! Are you staying @ the Lucerna?

I am getting banded on July 25th...arriving on the 24th. I am going all by my lonesome from Kentucky. Any one else coming in on those dates?

What part of KY are you from? I'm from West TN and live about 45 mins from Murray. I'm not going to TJ till Aug 3rd though. Where are you getting fills done?

I am getting banded on July 25th...arriving on the 24th. I am going all by my lonesome from Kentucky. Any one else coming in on those dates?

Hi,

my name is Minnie and I just joined the forum. My surgery is 8/16 I fly in on the 15th of Aug. Will any one be there those dates?

Minnie : )

I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Ortiz on July 24th. I will be flying in the evening before out of Tulsa. My name is Heather, if any one else will be there at that time Holla back.

I am coming from Tulsa too. Yeppeee, I am so glad to hear someone from Tulsa is going. I will be coming in on the 25th, and you will be coming back to the hotel. We need to meet. In fact everyone that is going to be around that week, we need to meet. Sounds like one of us will be going in as the other comes out, and so forth.

If you would like to meet, lets confirm and then we can exchange info.

I'm excited. Hows everyones pre-op going. We had a pizza party today for one of my classes and I am so proud that I didn't eat any of it!!!!! Not even a bite.

Talk to everyone soon,

Candy

Hey ....Me and my sister are coming for our first fill on July 24th....arriving on the 23rd, fill on the 24th, departing the eve of the 24th...maybe we'll see you there?! Are you staying @ the Lucerna?

Yes my mom and I will be staying at the Lucerna. Are flight arrives right at 6 in the evening and we will be coming straight there. My name is Heather. We have talked about going swimming when we get there so hope to see you at the pool.

I am coming from Tulsa too. Yeppeee, I am so glad to hear someone from Tulsa is going. I will be coming in on the 25th, and you will be coming back to the hotel. We need to meet. In fact everyone that is going to be around that week, we need to meet. Sounds like one of us will be going in as the other comes out, and so forth.

I'm excited. Hows everyones pre-op going. We had a pizza party today for one of my classes and I am so proud that I didn't eat any of it!!!!! Not even a bite.

Talk to everyone soon,

Candy

I would love to meet. My name is Heather. MY mom and I plan on hanging around the pool most of the time. So if you see two women that look like they are sisters thats probably us. We get mistaken for sisters all the time. Holla back.

Talk to everyone soon,

Candy

I will be flying in 7/26 and doing pre-op - is the 26th your banding date? I will be banded the 27th - we should be in OCC at the same time - how long are you at the hotel? I'm out of OCC and back to the hotel the 28th. I'd love to meet up ! Have you noticed that some of the folks that get banded around the same time have fills together - and stay in touch - that's really great. I'm doing well on pre-op, lucky that I can work from home so I don't have the donut/mini-snicker bars to contend with all day - the'pre-ops not easy but every day that goes by we are getting closer to our banding! YAHOO! We are in the final countdown - I'm starting to think about what I'l packing - making a list, etc. Will you be with anyone ?

Hey Halo....Me and my sister are coming for our first fill on July 24th....arriving on the 23rd, fill on the 24th, departing the eve of the 24th...maybe we'll see you there?! Are you staying @ the Lucerna?

My sister and i will be flying in on the 23rd for surgery on the 24th. Maybe we will all meet up around there.

My sister and i will be flying in on the 23rd for surgery on the 24th. Maybe we will all meet up around there.

Hey Renee, Just wondering how excited or nervous you are getting. The big day is almost here. I can't wait. Let me know how you are doing on your pre-op diet. I was suppose to lose about 11 pounds but am stuck at 5 lost.

Hi there,

My best friend, Kate and I will be there the same date. Arriving on Tuesday, banded on Wed. the 25th.

I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time.

How are you doing?

See you soon,

CJ Clinton